Questions regarding visa interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions regarding visa interview

I am a H1-B visa holder and currently in the US. My spouse will be applying for an H4 visa in December - I had the following questions:
    1. Would I need to create a new ustraveldocs profile for her or can I use the one I created for myself for my H1-B stamping last year?
    2. Would both of be able to go for the visa interview or would it just be her?
    3. What documents should she be carrying?
    4. What kind of questions should she be prepared for?

Your help is appreciated,
    Thank you,

Originally posted by indian_guy0219 View Post
    I am a H1-B visa holder and currently in the US. My spouse will be applying for an H4 visa in December - I had the following questions:
    1. Would I need to create a new ustraveldocs profile for her or can I use the one I created for myself for my H1-B stamping last year?
    2. Would both of be able to go for the visa interview or would it just be her?
    3. What documents should she be carrying?
    4. What kind of questions should she be prepared for?

Your help is appreciated,
    Thank you,
    1. A new one.
    2. If it is interview only for her then she would have to go alone.
    3. Your petition, employment letter, salary slip, W2, marriage certificate, marriage photos, etc for a full list see : https://www.immihelp.com/h4-visa-stamping-documents/
    4. About your job, location, etc Read others experiences at http://www.immihelp.com/h1b-h4-visa-experiences/

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Raghvi for the information and also for the pointing me to the right sources.

Maybe you can help me with this too:

1. For the question "who is paying for the trip" - She selected spouse (me) as I would be purchasing her ticket along with mine - in this case would I need to provide an affidavit of support? What kind of information is required on the affidavit? or is it beneficial to say self (i.e. my spouse) will be paying for the trip?

2. We intend to travel together if she gets her visa - so in the question on persons travelling with you should she enter my name and details?

3. I have an approved I-140 petition filed with the USCIS - what should she answer for the question on "has anyone filed an immigration petition on your behalf" my guess is that since she has not yet been added to my green card application as my dependent she should answer no? is there any benefit in adding her to the green card application before the interview and answering yes?

4. The US point of contact will be my address, however I will be moving to a different apartment(same complex different building) before her interview - is it ok to provide my current apartment address? Would I need to amend the DS-160 after I move?

Thanks again for your help!!

Comment

Thanks Raghvi for the information and also for the pointing me to the right sources.

Maybe you can help me with this too:

1. For the question "who is paying for the trip" - She selected spouse (me) as I would be purchasing her ticket along with mine - in this case would I need to provide an affidavit of support? What kind of information is required on the affidavit? or is it beneficial to say self (i.e. my spouse) will be paying for the trip?

2. We intend to travel together if she gets her visa - so in the question on persons travelling with you should she enter my name and details?

3. I have an approved I-140 petition filed with the USCIS - what should she answer for the question on "has anyone filed an immigration petition on your behalf" my guess is that since she has not yet been added to my green card application as my dependent she should answer no? is there any benefit in adding her to the green card application before the interview and answering yes?

4. The US point of contact will be my address, however I will be moving to a different apartment(same complex different building) before her interview - is it ok to provide my current apartment address? Would I need to amend the DS-160 after I move?

Thanks again for your help!!
        1. It can be you and you need not provide any affidavit of support.
        2. Yes
        3. Either way it doesnt matter.
        4. You can give the current address once you move you can file AR-11

This is not my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for being so helpful!! So just to confirm:
          from my first post - Would both of be able to go for the visa interview or would it just be her? - As the interview is just for her H4 visa (my H1-B is already stamped) only she will need to attend the interview.

from my second post - about the immigrant petition question - she should answer no.

Am I correct on the two points above?

Regards,

Comment

Thanks for being so helpful!! So just to confirm:
            from my first post - Would both of be able to go for the visa interview or would it just be her? - As the interview is just for her H4 visa (my H1-B is already stamped) only she will need to attend the interview.

from my second post - about the immigrant petition question - she should answer no.

Am I correct on the two points above?

Regards,
            Yes. If you already have a visa you cant go with her. And if she doesn't have an immigrant petition filed you said answer NO.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X