Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B 2019 CAP - How many already got receipts from USCIS ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should the checks be cashed by now?

Hi,

Can someone clarify if the checks should have been cashed by now to know if you were picked in lottery? Do the checks get cashed as and when USCIS processes the application ie. data entry?

Thanks.

Comment

H1B filing status?

Hi,
      I am on STEM OPT that expires next year (2019) in June. I sent an email to my DSO for SEVIS update 3 days back.
      She said, "My H1B is Pending". I asked for the receipt number but she said that's all she has.

Does this mean my H1B is selected in the lottery?

Comment

Originally posted by rinim View Post
        Hi,

Can someone clarify if the checks should have been cashed by now to know if you were picked in lottery? Do the checks get cashed as and when USCIS processes the application ie. data entry?

Thanks.
        I don't want to say 100% that data entry and checks go hand in hand. But there could be some lag, after all, everything is a manual process in 2018. Plus, I haven't seen any official update from the USCIS that they're done with the Data Entry process yet. There's still time!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Maverick_jp View Post
        Hi,
        I am on STEM OPT that expires next year (2019) in June. I sent an email to my DSO for SEVIS update 3 days back.
        She said, "My H1B is Pending". I asked for the receipt number but she said that's all she has.

Does this mean my H1B is selected in the lottery?

Sounds like your application was picked up in the lottery to me. Your HR / Attorney should be able to help you with the receipt number if they've received your I-797C copy in the mail.

Congratulations and good luck!

Comment

Have not heard anything yet

Hi,

This is my second chance for H-1B lottery, I am applying from Advanced degree cap, I have heard no news about the H-1 from the employer. I tried to call the DSO/ International Office at my university and they said that they cannot look it up. Is there any other way to know? Is USCIS already done sending out receipt numbers to picked candidates? Is it too late to hope getting picked anymore?

Comment

H1B Filing

Originally posted by Gandalf_TheWhite View Post
            I don't want to say 100% that data entry and checks go hand in hand. But there could be some lag, after all, everything is a manual process in 2018. Plus, I haven't seen any official update from the USCIS that they're done with the Data Entry process yet. There's still time!

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like your application was picked up in the lottery to me. Your HR / Attorney should be able to help you with the receipt number if they've received your I-797C copy in the mail.

My OPT is expiring next year in June, my DSO was still able to check the SEVIS update.
            So DSO can check for all applicants (including non cap-gap)?

Comment

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the info. It is a little worrisome and confusing why USCIS has not announced the data entry completion yet. Usually it it around May 1-4. Guess the waiting game continues.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by ad_cap View Post
              Hi,

This is my second chance for H-1B lottery, I am applying from Advanced degree cap, I have heard no news about the H-1 from the employer. I tried to call the DSO/ International Office at my university and they said that they cannot look it up. Is there any other way to know? Is USCIS already done sending out receipt numbers to picked candidates? Is it too late to hope getting picked anymore?
              Same situation here! I think there is still some more time for receipts to flow in since USCIS has not announced data entry completion. Speculations!

Comment

No update for me as well.

No update for me as well. Fingers crossed.

Comment

DSO can definitely see updates to your SEVIS record if you're in the CAP-GAP situation. However, the accuracy of these updates depends on the data entry process by USCIS. Because what they're seeing and what we're seeing in our SEVP Portal, both are coming from the same source. So yes, they may or not give you a current status as of now.

Just a reminder, SEVP Portal / DSO Updates will only work if your OPT ends before 10/1/2018.
                  I don?t have a cap gap situation, my opt expires in June next year. My DSO informed me about my h1 pending status and gave me the receipt as well.

Comment

Received receipt notice today (general cap). 2nd year of trying.

Good luck for everyone still waiting!

Comment

Got my receipt number

So the attorney reached out this morning to tell me that the application was picked and sent me the receipt number. This is my 2nd year of trying.
                      Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back..

Comment

USCIS completes data entry H1B 2019

Finally, USCIS completes data entry. Waiting game is getting shorter and hopes lower!

Comment

Is there still a hope for regular quota to get the receipt notice? Or the game is over?

Comment

Originally posted by ad_cap View Post
                            So the attorney reached out this morning to tell me that the application was picked and sent me the receipt number. This is my 2nd year of trying.
                            Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back..
                            Seriously? You got receipt notice in this week? or it was just attorney who took more time to inform you? I dint hear anyone getting notice this week.

Comment

Originally posted by steevebash View Post
                              Seriously? You got receipt notice in this week? or it was just attorney who took more time to inform you? I dint hear anyone getting notice this week.
                              One of my friend too got the receipt from his employer on 14 May. His case status says 14th May.

Comment

Originally posted by steevebash View Post
                                Is there still a hope for regular quota to get the receipt notice? Or the game is over?
                                I think so.. Receipts might still be coming in for maybe for the next week or two .. After that I would not have too much hope..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X