Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 b & h4 restamping in canada

Hello Experts,
    My H1B visa is expiring in July 2011 and I am planning to get it stamped from Canada (Toronto/ Ottawa). I need your expert help & suggestions.

1) List of Documents required. Work Appointment letters etc?
    2) Any dos and donts while filling DS160?
    3) Which place is better Toronto or Ottawa?
    4) I have changed my Job here in US, earlier I was working in one of India's MNC so will there be any issue in that?
    5) Any Challenges in stamping in Canada?
    6) Do I need a Canadian visa? Because my 797 says that you can enter multiple times in Canada?
    7) How many days / weeks /month in advance should I book my appointment?
    8) DS160 fees etc?

Thanks in Advance.

Cheers!!!
    Rahul

1) List of Documents required. Work Appointment letters etc?
    >>> Check the below links

https://www.immihelp.com/h4-visa-stamping-documents/

2) Any dos and donts while filling DS160?
    >>> Complete it to the best of your knowledge. Any false information may lead to a life time ban.

3) Which place is better Toronto or Ottawa?
    >>> No difference. However search and read about the experiences posted by other forum members.

4) I have changed my Job here in US, earlier I was working in one of India's MNC so will there be any issue in that?
    >>> No issues.

5) Any Challenges in stamping in Canada?
    >>> Search and read about the experiences posted by other forum members. If for any reason you receive a 221g, then you might get struck there for more time than expected. So be a little prepared for the worst (Just in case).

6) Do I need a Canadian visa? Because my 797 says that you can enter multiple times in Canada?
    >>> Yes. You need a Candian visa.

7) How many days / weeks /month in advance should I book my appointment?
    >>> Usually the appointments open 3-4 weeks in advance. Keep checking.

8) DS160 fees etc?
    >>> https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visa-fees/
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Sherwin

Thanks Buddy!!,

Are all the supporting documents mentioned below mandatory?

I read in ImmiHelp that a letter from personnel department is also needed stating that there is a Job for this candidate. Is this really required?

15 Interior & Exterior Photographs of the Client site? Is this required?

Thanks in Advance.

Rahul

Comment

Are all the supporting documents mentioned below mandatory?
        >>> Not all the documents are asked when you attend the visa interview. But it is advisable to carry as much documents as possible to avoid a 221g.

I read in ImmiHelp that a letter from personnel department is also needed stating that there is a Job for this candidate. Is this really required?
        >>> Employment verification letter from your employer and a client letter (if you work at the client place) will do.

15 Interior & Exterior Photographs of the Client site? Is this required?
        >>> It is very rarely asked.

Comment

how long to get passport?

does any one know how long does it take to get passport after the visa is approved? and can any one tell if I can take my 18 month kid into the consulate with us (my wife will be joining me for her h4)

Comment

does any one know how long does it take to get passport after the visa is approved?
            >>> Approximately 10 - 12 days by courier. You can collect it the immediate next day if you go in person.

and can any one tell if I can take my 18 month kid into the consulate with us (my wife will be joining me for her h4)
            >>> If your son is a U.S citizen, then you can take him inside the consulate. You need to carry his U.S passport. It is better you talk to the VFS helpdesk to get this clarified.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X