X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

221(g)

Ladies and Gentleman,

I am also sailing in the same boat.
    i got 221(g), Pink slip from Chennai consulate on 30-Nov-2007 and still waiting for update.

could any one tell me how much time it will take.

Good wishes to all.

Regards,
    Amit

Comment

Here are the contact details

https://www.immihelp.com/us-immigrat...e-chennai.html

Regards...
      -Dayakar Reddy M

Comment

Any contact number for New Delhi consulate

I had my H1B visa interview on 19th Feb 2008 and my case has not been approved yet. I checked online status and it says pending. Is there anyone who had similar experience at New Delhi? Any idea on average how long may it take at New Delhi? I have another question. The counselor retained my Passport by saying that it will save me a day or two. Is it ok to leave passport with the counselor?

Any response is greatly appreciated?

Comment

L Visa administrative processing

Hi

I had interview today with consulate in Kathmandu. My one is L approved I 797 and I was accompanying my wife too but had not approved I 797. But consulate handed me white paper 221 (g) indicating administrative processing. All my passports, documents are with them. But I found hints several forum on internet and it may takes long time and some forum or lawyers saying that it may revoke.

I wondering what will be the resulr of above case ? Can you help me out so that I can be fresh.

Comment

H1b under administrative processing

My friend went for H1b visa stamping interview on 8th Oct 2008 at Delhi Consulate. The interview went on well and at the end of interview the VO took his passport, DS-156, DS-157and I797 doc and said that he is all set to go to US and he will get the visa in 4-5 days. But after waiting for around 10 days when he enquired about his visa status he learnt that his visa is pending under administrative process. Since then he has been waiting for visa. Till now there is no news about his visa. Its been 2 months now. Neither they have asked for any additional documents nor issued any 221g forms (like blue, pink, yellow or white) unlike in some of the 221g cases which I have read in the forums.

Everytime he enquires about his visa status the enquiry guy just says that it is still under administrative process.
            I would really appreciate if anyone can suggest or share their views on this situation.

Comment

221(g) Blue Form H1B Renewal

Hi

I went for visa interview on 13th September 2010 at Chennai Consulate. I am here, in India, on a vacation and had to stamp my visa as I had transferred my Visa from employer "A" to "B". Currently, I am with employer "B".

I was given BLUE form 221(g) with "Additional Administrative Processing Required". I was told that I can track it online and I will be contacted.

I have been working in the US from 2002-2006 then from 2008 - till date. In 2004, I had a h1 petiotion from company "X" that I did not use.

In the interview, I was asked why I took the petition from "X" and why I did not use it. I was also asked why I went to the USA in 2008 six months after my petition was approved for company "A".

Further Info:
              1) I worked for "A" from Sep-2009 to Feb-2010 and transferred my Visa to "B"
              2) I went to the USA (after a vacation in 2009) thru company "A"'s visa and transferred the visa to company "B". Now, I am on vacation in India on "B"'s petition, but the previous visa stamping is with company "A".

Please help me!

Thanks & Regards
              Naveen Raja
              Last edited by naveenraja; 09-14-2010, 03:17 AM. Reason: correct detail

Comment

What exactly is your question?

Originally posted by naveenraja View Post
                Hi

I went for visa interview on 13th September 2010 at Chennai Consulate. I am here, in India, on a vacation and had to stamp my visa as I had transferred my Visa from employer "A" to "B". Currently, I am with employer "B".

I was given BLUE form 221(g) with "Additional Administrative Processing Required". I was told that I can track it online and I will be contacted.

I have been working in the US from 2002-2006 then from 2008 - till date. In 2004, I had a h1 petiotion from company "X" that I did not use.

In the interview, I was asked why I took the petition from "X" and why I did not use it. I was also asked why I went to the USA in 2008 six months after my petition was approved for company "A".

Further Info:
                1) I worked for "A" from Sep-2009 to Feb-2010 and transferred my Visa to "B"
                2) I went to the USA (after a vacation in 2009) thru company "A"'s visa and transferred the visa to company "B". Now, I am on vacation in India on "B"'s petition, but the previous visa stamping is with company "A".

Please help me!

Thanks & Regards
                Naveen Raja
                Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

221g blue form passport with USCIS

Hi

Thanks for your interest.

My question is how long will it take for "Chennai Consulate" to contact me or give me an update on my H1B visa? Can I be hopeful as the passport is with "Chennai Consulate"? Is it bad/illegal to have a H1 petition and not use it? (it's during 2004 when I was working on L1)

1) I 've been given a 221g blue form and the passport is with Chennai Consulate
                  2) The officer asked me to check the status online
                  3) "Additional Administrative processing" is selected in the blue form
                  4) No additional documents were asked

Hope that helps!
                  Thanks Naveen

Comment

My question is how long will it take for "Chennai Consulate" to contact me or give me an update on my H1B visa? Can I be hopeful as the passport is with "Chennai Consulate"?
                    >>> The time taken to complete the admin processing is different for each case. So it is hard to predict the duration. Search for posts related to 221g (or) admin processing (or) administrative processing in the forum and read the experiences posted by others.

Is it bad/illegal to have a H1 petition and not use it? (it's during 2004 when I was working on L1)
                    >>> No. That is okay.

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the answer.

The fact that I forgot to mention is .... This was not my first appearance to the visa office. In the past, I have not been questioned on the H1 petition (that I had in 2004 when I was working in L1 and the one which I did not use ever). Also, another info. is that I came to India on a vacation with a return ticket.

Once my friend was given 221g but they did not held the passport. But, in my case passport is with Chennai Consulate.

Perhaps, I am wrong to track the passport status (or) wrong to check the case status within 4 days... I was told by my HR that they will be checking for visa details in Washington (or some center) and positively everything will be fine.

Any ideas?
                      Thanks
                      Raja

Comment

221-g Additional Administrative Process

Hi,

I attended visa interview on 24th march 2011 for H1B stamping. VO gave an blue slip and she said that i have to submit some extra documents stating what exact work will be for me in that project and description about that project.

I got all the details from my client and submitted all the documents with my passport in VFS center chennai. After one week i got an email saying that processed passport can be collected from VFS center.

When i collected my passport, there was an blue slip saying that, your case requires additional administrative process and the consulate will contact you when a final decision is made.

How much time it will take. will the USCIS revoke the H1B??.

Did this happened to anyone. Kindly help me in this regard.

Sathish Kumar

Comment

Search and read the posts related to 221g admin processing.

Originally posted by sathishkumart View Post
                          Hi,

I attended visa interview on 24th march 2011 for H1B stamping. VO gave an blue slip and she said that i have to submit some extra documents stating what exact work will be for me in that project and description about that project.

I got all the details from my client and submitted all the documents with my passport in VFS center chennai. After one week i got an email saying that processed passport can be collected from VFS center.

When i collected my passport, there was an blue slip saying that, your case requires additional administrative process and the consulate will contact you when a final decision is made.

How much time it will take.
                          >>> Each case is different, so no one can predict the time that will take to resolve an individual's 221g.

will the USCIS revoke the H1B??.
                          >>> If required, yes they can.

Did this happened to anyone.
                          >>> It is definetely not new. Has happened to many people. Follow this thread for 221g cases.
                          http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83302

Kindly help me in this regard.
                          Sathish Kumar

Comment

@Satish,

My case is exactly similar to yours. only difference is the interview date - mine was on March 29th. Got passport back last week with the blue notice saying administrative processing. still waiting for any update or communication from the consulate.

Comment

221(g) Greenslip from chennai

I recently appeared for H1-B stamping at Chennai US consulate.
                              I got 221(g) green slip from consulate(with no case number or batch id is marked) for providing some of additional documents at VFS drop box.
                              The contents are same as that of blue slip. Could you please tell what does 221(g) green slip means in the case of Chennai consulate ?
                              Can I check the status online?

Comment

Check the below link to read about the different colors of 221g forms.

You will need a tracking number to track your case online. If you don't have one, then talk to the VFS helpdesk and they may help.

Originally posted by prasadak View Post
                                I recently appeared for H1-B stamping at Chennai US consulate.
                                I got 221(g) green slip from consulate(with no case number or batch id is marked) for providing some of additional documents at VFS drop box.
                                The contents are same as that of blue slip. Could you please tell what does 221(g) green slip means in the case of Chennai consulate ?
                                Can I check the status online?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X