221g green slip New Delhi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

221g green slip new delhi embassy

dilemma221g: Sorry to hear that, but i do agree its real frustrating....as they dont provide any information....

got an email from VFS today to collect the passport...
    Last edited by 221gpal; 08-07-2012, 01:59 PM.

Comment

221g green slip US Consulate NEW Delhi

Following are the details of the interview:

1. Interview Date: 10th July 2012 ; New Delhi US Consulate Office.

2. Visa Officer gave green slip (221g) asking following documents:

a) Passport b) I-797 c) I-29 d) LCA

Visa officer also retained the "green slip" that she gave and all the above mentioned documents. She told me that she will contact me by weekend; if she needs anything more. Since then, it has been more than 60 days and no updates were made on my case by them. I read somewhere that senator from your company's area may contact them about the case. Please let me know what all I an do from my side.

3. I have tried contacting the Embassy/VFS through email ("U.S.VFS helpdesk Delhi" <[email protected]>" ) . They all have the same generic reply

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

Thank you for writing to us.

This is to inform you that your application is pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for mandatory administrative processing. Please note that there is no definite time period for administrative processing. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary depending on circumstances of each case. Be assured that the U.S. embassy will contact you if the administrative processing is complete or if they require additional information.

Can someone shed some light on it.

Comment

Vicious circle

I had appeared for H1 B interview on March 7th 2012 in New Delhi. The VO office gave me a 221G green slip and asked me to submit the contract between end client and employer. She kept my passport, I129, LCA, I797 and my client letter with her. I submitted the contract on March 12th. I received an email on March 16th from VFS along with the attachment to submit the following documents:
        Complete COPY OF ALL I-797, I-129 petition, Labor Condition Application, and Cover Letter submitted to DHS with the petition application.
        Petitioner’s federal tax returns for the last two (2) years
        State unemployment wage reports
        A complete set of forms filed quarterly with state authorities for the last four (4) quarters listing wages paid to each employee for all states where employees worked. (NOT payroll reports or quarterly tax returns).
        I submitted all the required documents on March 28th, 2012.
        I sent an email to VFS to check the status of my case and I got a reply from them on May 3rd stating that ”
        As per the US Embassy please note application is still pending the submission of requested documents, please submit the documents as per the mail sent to you on March 16, 2012.”
        I went to VFS on May 4th and showed them the receipt of all the submitted documents. But the documents didn't reach the consulate. I was so bummed. I spoke to the manager and she said she will look into it. But they never accept their fault.
        I resubmitted the documents on May 4th again and emailed the consulate stating that I submitted the documents twice.
        I dont know if there was to find out whether my documents are with the consulate or not?
        Also I tried contacting the VFS customer service,and turns out VFS has three departments: The telephone department, the email department and the customer care department.
        So when I called(telephone department) them to check the status, every time they told me that they have the documents, till the day I received an email from them (email department)which said that the documents are not with the Embassy.
        And the customer care people told me that they are not sure why the documents haven’t reached. They will have to do a physical check for the documents, but just in case I should submit another copy as well.

My employer contacted the senator regarding this.
        The senator sent an email to VFS on 2nd July and the case was sent to US on 5thJuly. And I received this email

"As per the US Embassy your case has been returned to the Kentucky Consular Center in the United States. You may contact the USCIS office for further information. "

Then again my employer contacted the senator. And they said that there is a lot of backlog of these applications and we should contact then if the issue is not solved in 8-10 months. This is so ridiculous and the status has not been updated since then on the uscis website.

Any suggestions as to what can be done.

@delhibelly : I think I was also interviewed by the same lady

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X