Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa, GC when working as a Contractor

Hello forum,

I am graduating in May from a New York Dental school after doing dentistry DDS. I am presently on F1 and I have applied for my OPT. I found a dentist who is willing to hire me as a dentist in his practice ONLY as a CONTRACTOR and NOT as an Emplyee. He is comfortable to sign in all the paper work that may be required for applying for H1B and Green Card.*
    The practice where I will work has been there since last 20+ years and he is a dentist too. The whole practice has a gross revenue of 2Million USD.*

My concern is: Can he actually sponsor me for an H1B and Green Card, when he calls me the contractor in the service agreement? (Although I work like an employee, 40 hours a week, and he lets me use all his instruments, staff and practice and what not?)

Would it be legal and would there be any problem while H1B or Green Card is sponsored when i am working like a CONTRACTOR instead of like an employee?

Thanks
    Learnerdentist

If someone is sponsoring you a H1B, then it means it is a full time job. As long as you get paid as per the approved LCA, you are all good. Go through the below links

GC is for future employment. So they should be able to sponsor GC for you. There is a separate section for GC in immihelp. Read them when you get time.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for your help Shervin.
      (Also, I would post the same question in GC section also.)

Can H1B be sponsored WITHOUT the degree? (I highly doubt that though, but thought of asking anyways)
      How fast can my sponsor actually apply for my green card? I mean as soon as I join the practice or I will have to wait for my H1B or some time?
      What is your opinion?

lerner dentist

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      If someone is sponsoring you a H1B, then it means it is a full time job. As long as you get paid as per the approved LCA, you are all good. Go through the below links

GC is for future employment. So they should be able to sponsor GC for you. There is a separate section for GC in immihelp. Read them when you get time.

Comment

Can H1B be sponsored WITHOUT the degree? (I highly doubt that though, but thought of asking anyways)
        >>> H1B is for speciality occupation. Check the requirement for H1B sponsorship in the below link.
        https://www.immihelp.com/h1-visa-requirements/

How fast can my sponsor actually apply for my green card? I mean as soon as I join the practice or I will have to wait for my H1B or some time?
        What is your opinion?
        >>> Like I said, GC is for future employment. They can start the process anytime. It has nothing to do with your H1B.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X