Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B2 travel visa rejected - mumbai consulate (need suggestions)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 travel visa rejected - mumbai consulate (need suggestions)

Hi guys,

So here are my details:

SINGLE FEMALE
    AGE 24
    ANNUAL INCOME - 5 LPA
    SPONSOR - MYSELF
    PURPOSE - TOURISM AND VISITING FRIENDS

Interview went as below:

After greeting VO (didn't greet back or smiled),
    VO - Pass your passport
    VO: Have you ever traveled other country before?
    ME: Yes mam, I went to Maldives last year
    VO: With whom?
    ME: with my office mates
    VO: what are your friends doing in USA (mentioned about visiting my friends in ds 160) ME: Studying Masters at YYYY university
    VO: where do you work ?
    ME: told
    VO; How much expense you are expecting ?
    ME: around 2 lacs out of which i have already paid for my flights and hotel stay.
    Everything was going well until she asked next question.
    VO: How much funds do you have ?
    ME: Mam, i have 2.5 lacs in my savings account and 1.5 lacs in RD.
    AT THIS MOMENT, SHE GAVE A VERY CREEPY AND DISAPPOINTED LOOK AT ME
    VO: So are you going to put all your savings for this trip ?
    ME: Yes mam as i was planning and saving for this trip since long back and i so wanted to visit disney world and universal studios in Orlando.

SORRY YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE THIS TIME...HANDED ME A 214(B)

Can you please help me identifying exactly what went wrong ? i am thinking its only because of my low funds.

Also, please suggest how early i can apply ?

and this time i am thinking to show around 10 lacs with my father as my sponsor (will change this in new ds 160) ? Will it help or what are the chances for getting it next time if i do this.

THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE.

The reason could be not enough fund or savings in your bank account.

You can also find more information on 214B at,

i am thinking to show around 10 lacs with my father as my sponsor (will change this in new ds 160)- That's a good idea.

Please read,
    This is not a legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Can you be little more specific about my case ?
      How early i can apply ?

And what if i change my sponsor in ds 160 from myself to my dad ?

Will it make my case stronger ?

Comment

i have explained in many forums that the VO looks at average indian salary, and Indian spending behaviour and travel behaviour , in your case, you are single, your income salary and saving doesnt show a convincing intent, you need to understand that 2.5 lacs in usd is 3500/- usd thats all you had..and for 15/20/30 days you need 70k for ticket, 10k visa, medical insurance, then even if you take minimum 50 usd a day x 30 days = its 1500/- usd, they think you dont have money and what ever you have you want to risk on this trip so obviouly your intent is not to come back if you get a visa...and then you have not travelled anywhere, why not uk, why not europe , why not australia..so they look at lots of parameter to join the strings...i am not saying that your intent was wrong, the problem is that as per their reports the percentage of people not returning on B1/B2 is very very high, so they are strict and rate of refusal is very high..you cant blame them..to show that you are eligible for B1/B2 you must show that you are business woman who needs to travel for your work, or for your job, conferences, or for tourist you need to show that you work, job and money is stable and you can afford a holiday to usa and your past history should support that, you cant expect to carry a blank passport and say i love travelling and i want to go to usa direct...with only 2 lacs in my account...its a stupidty or intent is not clean..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X