B2 Interview for Mother-in-law with L1A interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Interview for Mother-in-law with L1A interview

We (self, spouse, two children) are planning to move to the US on L1A visa. At the same time, my Mother-in-law is planning to go to Canada on Super Visa (as her daughter lives in Canada). We have already procured the Canada Super Visa. Eventually, she will want to visit us in USA, so we were planning to get her B2 visa along with our US Visa Appointment (on the same date). However, she will not be traveling soon, and it is for eventual future travel. Having a joint interview helps as she is 71 years old, and we will be able to accompany her inside the Consulate. She has sufficient proofs to show that she is self-supported and financially in a situation to support herself, and has strong ties to India (as she owns a property and close family like Brother and Sister in India).

Few questions:
    1. Will having L1A and B2 interview together be suspicious to the VO and have any impact on the chance of rejection?
    2. Does it make sense for us to wait until she is ready to travel to US to get her B2 visa?
    3. What are the documents she should carry for the visa interview?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Originally posted by flo_germain View Post
    1. Will having L1A and B2 interview together be suspicious to the VO and have any impact on the chance of rejection?
    No, it won't impact on each other.
    2. Does it make sense for us to wait until she is ready to travel to US to get her B2 visa?
    My suggestion would be to wait, let you get settle in USA then invite her.
    3. What are the documents she should carry for the visa interview?
    USA Tourist Visa - Comprehensive information about the documents the sponsor of a visitor visa needs to send. Discuss any questions regarding sponsoring visitor visas in our discussion forum.

​​​​​​​https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visitor...tor-documents/
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X