I had filed my EAD this month along with my H4 extension. I have received the receipt notices for the H4 extension. However, the I-765 and all supporting documents, check and photographs were returned. The check is stapled to the I-765 form and there is also some dates and crossing done on the form.
There is also Notice of action which only reads:
"You must check one of the three boxes found on the Form I-765 in the section entitled : 'Reason for Applying' "
The footer of the notice reads: "(03/02/21)Y-XXXXXXX SAVE THIS NOTICE FOR YOUR RECORDS - XXXXXXXX-XXXX"
I had missed this from my side.
I request your suggestion on what i may need to do next..
Should i send the returned form along with the box for renewal of EAD checked?
Should i send a completely new form with a new check?
Should I also attach the receipt notice of my H4 extension? Now as this is being sent separately?
Thank you all for your help and suggestions in advance.
First time applying for H4 EAD after my spouse I-140 got approved.
7/26/2020: I-765 Application sent
7/30/2020: Application received by USPS
8/12/2020: Receipt Notice received
10/30/2020: New card being printed
11/2/2020: I-765 form approved
11/4/2020: I-766 (EAD plastic card) picked up by USPS
11/6/2020: Received EAD card in mail
Documents and evidences submitted:
1. Check for $410
2. My I-94 latest copy
3. H4 visa extension approval copy
4. Passport biometrics page
5. Marriage certificate
6. Spouse I-94 latest copy
7. Spouse I-140 receipt notice
8. Spouse I-140 approval screenshot as employer did not share I-140 approval copy
9. Filled up I-765 form
I live in US with my husband, I had H4 and he had H1B, until his GC has been approved in November (Yeah! but..)
Our lawyers didn't tell us to file together (yes I know that's embarrassing) so they send my application (I-485, I-765, I-131) two weeks later in 12/1/2020.
- after biometrics, I received EAD+AP card (Great!)
- sent RFE for medical examination and it was received 06/01/2020
- now my online case status for my I-485 states this "USCIS has begun working on your case again. We will send you a decision or notify you if we need something from you."
1) Do you know how long it takes for them to schedule an interview?
2) When my husband received his GC, my H4 was immediately invalidated (because my husband's H1B was replaced with the GC). Technically I applied for change of status without a status. Do you think that this will compromise me from obtaining the GC?
If anyone experienced a similar situation, I would be grateful that you share them.
Disclaimer: Please note that the experiences presented are submitted by visitors to our website. Individuals’ experiences may vary, and you should interpret each individual’s experience at your own risk. Do not make a decision solely based on an experience posted here. We do not endorse any individuals’ experiences, and we are not liable or responsible for consequences stemming from your use of the information presented within any individual’s experience.