I am applying for visitor visa extension for my mother-in-law. I have a question on the signature part in i-539 application. She signed in native langauage(TELUGU) on her passport. Can she sign in the same language on I-539 or does she need to sign in only ENGLISH on I-539?
hello, i have a friend who's tourist visa expires in mid june 2011. she would like to extend her stay in the us so that she can apply for a student visa for fall semester this year. should she apply for an extension? or try to apply for a student visa? what ideally is the best process for her to take since her time is very very limited at this point. PLEASE ADVISE. Thank you!
Hello there I am currently in Houston and my visitors visa is to expire on the 12 December. I want to apply for an extenssion because I am getting all my school paperwork ready as I intend to study here and I an waiting for my sponsor to get my documents ready. Can you please advise me on the easies way to do this? I have a spanish passport.
I came on set 13th 2007 and in jan 2008 I asked for an extension because my son was going to have a surgery. I waited, and I recieved a letter with approval on novemberr 2008, the six more months ended on set 11 2008.. My question is if I can go to the USA after 2 years without problems. I think I was not ilegal, because as soon I recieved the letter I bought a air ticket and left the country on dec 10th 2008.
Can anybody help me with some suggestion? I had applied for extension of tourist visa for my parents. I applied this extension in the month of May and the approval came today. In the initial letter, I had asked for extension till Dec-31st, 2010. I got the approval till Dec-31st, 2010. However, while getting the tickets, I couldnt get any tickets in the last 2 weeks of december and hence I had to purchase ticket for 2nd Jan-2011. It's 2 days extra than the day's they were granted permission for. Will this be a major issue. They came to USA on 20th January, 2010 and so technically they should be OK till 20th Jan 2011 with the extension. Has anybody faced this situation. Any help and suggestion is appreciated.
I want to thank you for the detailed advise you give here. I followed your instructions, used your letter sample, sent the application and was granted exactly the extra 5 months that I asked for, without any grand explanation on my part, just saying that wanted to visit friends in the East Coast ( I'm in California). So, it is possible!
MY BOY FRIEND LIVES IN ALEXANDRIA EGYPY AND WE WANNA GET MARRIED BUT I DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT WE HAVE TO DO HOW CAN HE APPLY FOR A VISE TO COME HERE OR IS IT BETTER FOR ME TO GO THERE AND MARRIE? SO WE HAVE PROOF WE ARE HAPPLY IN LOVE. BUT THEN HOW CAN HE COME BACK WITH ME. o MAN THIS IS CONFUSING ANY HELP IS NEEDED THANKS GOD BLESS
Travelling to Mexico with visitor visa extension pending
My parents are here in US, visiting us from India. The date on their I-94 is Aug 10th. We will be applying for their visa extension (for 2 months) in the next couple of days. We are planning to travel to Mexico on a cruise for 3-4 daysin Sep. From all the experiences here, the approval for extension seems to be taking a very long time. Can we travel to Mexico when their extension appln is pending ? Will there be any issues when we reenter US ? Any insights into this will be very helpful.
Some comments are misplaced and misleading. When my employer filed for my H1-B visa and it was approved. I immediately requested for adjustment of status in the US and i received a favorable response. I thank God for His favors and grace. Next year my family will join me here in the US. The moral of the story is that you need to ask and believe Jesus - that He will listen to your cry. Life is still beautiful in the Philippines and we are going back probably after 3 years and decide what to do next. All within the allowable six months period granted.
During my last visit to United States on B1/B2 visa, I requested for an extension of my stay approximately one month prior to I-94 expiry date (December 26th, 2008), as I needed to attend interview calls and complete Observership program.
My application was pending for several weeks until a denial notice was sent on 18th February 2009. Upon receiving this notification and original I-94 on 24th February 2009, I left United Stated immediately.
I am little bit confused if my 10 years multiple entry B1/B2 visa stamping still valid.
Disclaimer: Please note that the experiences presented are submitted by visitors to our website. Individuals’ experiences may vary, and you should interpret each individual’s experience at your own risk. Do not make a decision solely based on an experience posted here. We do not endorse any individuals’ experiences, and we are not liable or responsible for consequences stemming from your use of the information presented within any individual’s experience.