No announcement yet.

Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys. Do u think the elections has anything to do with working in office for i485 at Texas service center coz its been 26 days I sent my request for evidence and also i sent the rfe for my son who is 13 years old and they approved his i485 but mine is still coming request for evidence received. How come they approve my son’s file but not mine. I m wondering if they were busy for a elections.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sahiaman View Post
      Hey guys. Do u think the elections has anything to do with working in office for i485 at Texas service center coz its been 26 days I sent my request for evidence and also i sent the rfe for my son who is 13 years old and they approved his i485 but mine is still coming request for evidence received. How come they approve my son’s file but not mine. I m wondering if they were busy for a elections.
      It takes around 60 days to work in your RFE.

Comment

• Yeah sahil. I guess they take 60 days maximum but the thing is my son is only 13 and his and mine are connected case since he is a minor he got his asylum approved with me. So since they are connected cases. Do they still review the files separately dont they look at both files together.

Comment

• Originally posted by lordofmovers View Post

i am the only child and my father was passed away i think thats why they refuse her .guys how about if i send a letter to consulate about my mom stuation? i dont want to tell her because it will be dangerous for her. i can send my approval and this kind of letter to consulate like plase give my mother a touroist visa?
          I would recommend contacting a lawyer and consult about this. It seems there are other things going on that you are not sharing and that make your situation not as straightforward as it should be and how US officials like it. Good luck, hope you can see your mother soon but you definitely should contact a lawyer and see your options.

Comment

• I contacted ombudsman regarding my case which is pending since March 2018. They told me it’s within normal processing timeframe. According to their website, they are still processing February 2017.

Comment

• I have few questions:

- I was granted asylum in September 2018 and applied for I485 in September 2019 in Texas Service Center, I did my finger print in January 2020 and the latest update was “finger print were applied to your case”, since then no any update , how long it will take to get my GC after biometric
              - I arrived plied for Refuge Travel Document in May 2020 and did not pay for the filling fees as my GC is still pending, this is my 2nd RTD, on September 2020 the case was updated to show that finger prints were applied, no any update since then.
              anyone can advise about this situation please?
              thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by Asyleeasylee View Post
                I have few questions:

- I was granted asylum in September 2018 and applied for I485 in September 2019 in Texas Service Center, I did my finger print in January 2020 and the latest update was “finger print were applied to your case”, since then no any update , how long it will take to get my GC after biometric
                - I arrived plied for Refuge Travel Document in May 2020 and did not pay for the filling fees as my GC is still pending, this is my 2nd RTD, on September 2020 the case was updated to show that finger prints were applied, no any update since then.
                anyone can advise about this situation please?
                thank you
                Regarding the Green Card (I-485) application, You need to wait longer as you see above the person who filed in March 2018 is still waiting for GC.

I didn't mean to disappoint you but the fact is TSC is very very very slow and currently processing February 2017.

It will take minimum 2-4 years to receive the GC from the time of application send to USCIS at TSC.

If you have filed at Nebraska Service Center (NSC), you would have got GC in 6-12 months. The latest approval I have seen was July 2020 filer got GC.

The Processing time for the RTD in the current situation it is taking 4-6 months.

Comment

• Been waiting since April 2018. Anyone with a similar response after inquiry?

Comment

• Why do they only delay in processing the case and not cashing out the money we send them. Why is there never any delay for that?

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

Regarding the Green Card (I-485) application, You need to wait longer as you see above the person who filed in March 2018 is still waiting for GC.

I didn't mean to disappoint you but the fact is TSC is very very very slow and currently processing February 2017.

It will take minimum 2-4 years to receive the GC from the time of application send to USCIS at TSC.

If you have filed at Nebraska Service Center (NSC), you would have got GC in 6-12 months. The latest approval I have seen was July 2020 filer got GC.

The Processing time for the RTD in the current situation it is taking 4-6 months.
                      Thank you, I am aware of the delays, unfortunately I live in a state under jurisdiction of Texas.
                      if I was smart enough and listen to my wife who is a US citizen who advised to file based on marriage I could be a US citizen now...

Comment

• Originally posted by dann254 View Post
                        Been waiting since April 2018. Anyone with a similar response after inquiry?
                        I am not sure why they need to do the background check again when it is already thoroughly done at the time of asylum application and they don't give asylee status without clearing the background check.

This is all non sense and they are trying to find the reason to delay the process.

Comment

• I’ve seen them increased the maximum waiting time from 13 to 23.5 then 31.5 and now 45. Would you guys still wait if they keep increasing like that? Let’s say 99 months? Or 999 month? It’s easy for them to change the number. When the furlough was coming they protested to keep their jobs claiming there would be more processing time. When the furlough was cancelled they came back to the office with even more waiting time

You guys paid the fee and get nothing back from them. It’s basically no different with a scam. I suggest keeping all the evidence and file for a federal lawsuit if you have waited too long. There are lots of people did that. I searched before and there are many immigration law firms specializing in it. It’s just unlucky that we are under Trump’s administration.

Comment

• Nebraska - Refugee Travel Document I-131 (I already have my Green Card)

My timeline:

06/10/2020 Package sent

06/25/2020 received receipt letter

11/09/2020 Fingerprints appointment. “Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken”

I would like to travel on Christmas but my document still pending.

Did anybody have their form I-131 approved recently and could share your experience/timeline?

Comment

• Originally posted by asylumvn View Post
                              I’ve seen them increased the maximum waiting time from 13 to 23.5 then 31.5 and now 45. Would you guys still wait if they keep increasing like that? Let’s say 99 months? Or 999 month? It’s easy for them to change the number. When the furlough was coming they protested to keep their jobs claiming there would be more processing time. When the furlough was cancelled they came back to the office with even more waiting time

You guys paid the fee and get nothing back from them. It’s basically no different with a scam. I suggest keeping all the evidence and file for a federal lawsuit if you have waited too long. There are lots of people did that. I searched before and there are many immigration law firms specializing in it. It’s just unlucky that we are under Trump’s administration.
                              US has judge after all.
                              I think green card processing time over 4 years would be legal risk for USCIS.
                              Because for 5 years rule to naturalization, they have no reason to give you decision.
                              In court, they have to explain their excuse for no decision. They could not just say national security or public safety.it is unclear.

Comment

• Does the election and new president may affect the Asylum based GC? Is that snail performance of USCIS normal 2 or 3 years ago ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X