Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So true
    Attached Files

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Sunny1122 View Post
      THANKYOU This information is really help ful I am waiting for my green card and I have RTD so after I get green card what is the process to visit Canada o plz explain me since you alreday travels and can I travel to uae?
      As far as I know UAE doesn't accept RTD so you cannot travel there.

      Canada needs a visa to travel with RTD but I think GC holders don't need visa

      So basically for any country you'll have to first check :

      1 - does the country accept RTD?
      2 - do they need visa with RTD (only few countries don't need visa with RTD) ?
      3 - check their embassy website on how to apply for tourist visa

      Comment


      • Originally posted by trinity01 View Post
        so true
        happy halloween ! :d

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Sunny1122 View Post
          THANKYOU This information is really help ful I am waiting for my green card and I have RTD so after I get green card what is the process to visit Canada o plz explain me since you alreday travels and can I travel to uae?
          You are welcome! Unfortunately, You CANNOT travel to United Arab Emirates with a U.S. Refugee Travel, Form I-571. If you visit the United Arab Emirates Consulate Website, they make it explicitly clear that they don't accept TRAVEL DOCUMENTS. You have a choice to travel to another country in the region that accepts the US Refugee Travel Document, FORM I-571 or delay travel until you become a NATURALIZED US CITIZEN, and then you can apply for US PASSPORT and travel to the United Arab Emirates under American protection.

          TRAVELLING TO CANADA WITH A US REFUGEE TRAVEL DOCUMENT, FORM I-571 (ASYLEES ONLY)

          If you possess a US Refugee Travel Document, Form I-571 and you are an ASYLEE. Please bear in mind that a VISA is required to travel to Canada. (At this time, most foreign nationals CANNOT travel to Canada including you even if you have a valid VISA or ETA, Electronic Travel Authorization to protect Canadians from the Coronavirus Outbreak as outlined by their Prime Minister). Canada accepts Passengers with the U.S. Refugee Travel Document FORM I-571 issued to refugees and it must be valid for the period of intended stay. You will need a VISITORS VISA to travel to Canada. You don't need an eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization). Please note: The visa is an official document stamped in your US Refugee Travel Document, Form I-571. It costs $100 Canadian dollars. You may need to give biometrics with your application.

          REQUIREMENTS FOR PERMANENT RESIDENTS THAT OBTAINED SUCH STATUS THROUGH ASYLYM TRAVELLING TO CANADA

          If you possess a US Refugee Travel Document, Form I-571 and you are a PERMANENT RESIDENT that obtained such a status through asylum, You have VISA FREE ACCESS to Canada. Please bear in mind although you have a VISA FREE ACCESS to Canada. If you are flying or transiting through Canadian airport. You will need a eTA, Electronic Travel Authorization. YOU DON'T NEED A VISITORS VISA. An eTA costs $7 Canadian dollars, It will be electrically linked to your US Refugee Travel Document, Form I-571. Most applicants get their eTA approval (via an email) within minutes, like I did. However, some request can take several days to process if you're asked to submit supporting documents. To apply for a eTA to travel to Canada, visit ...

          THIS IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE, CANADA & CRIMINAL RECORD ⬇

          A Canadian Immigration Officer will decide if you can enter Canada when you apply for a visa, or a eTA or in this case when you arrive at the Canadian port of entry. Under Canada's Immigration law, if you have committed or been convicted of a crime, you may not be allowed entry into Canada even if you are a US citizen. In other words, you may be "criminally inadmissible". This includes both minor and serious crimes, such as theft, assault, manslaughter, dangerous driving, driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol and possession of a or trafficking in drugs or controlled substances. You can find a list of criminal offenses in the Criminal Code of Canada and the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act. Also, note, if you were convicted of a crime when you were under the age of 18,r you may still be able to enter Canada.

          Depending on the crime, how long ago it was and how you have behaved since, you may still be allowed to visit Canada. If you can convince an immigration officer that you meet the legal terms to be deemed rehabilitated or applied for rehabilitation and were approved or were granted a record suspension or have a temporary resident permit.

          LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
          The information contained above is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. I am a Permanent Resident who obtained such a status through asylum, I am an avid user of the US Refugee Travel Document, Form I-571, my responses are usually from own personal experience and the travel information is provided from TIMATIC, it is the Travel Information Manual Automatic it is the same system Passenger Services Agent use at the airport to determine if you are able to travel to a destination.
          Last edited by ceci1073; 10-28-2020, 12:55 PM. Reason: Link

          Comment


          • Originally posted by gtaid1 View Post

            As far as I know UAE doesn't accept RTD so you cannot travel there.

            Canada needs a visa to travel with RTD but I think GC holders don't need visa

            So basically for any country you'll have to first check :

            1 - does the country accept RTD?
            2 - do they need visa with RTD (only few countries don't need visa with RTD) ?
            3 - check their embassy website on how to apply for tourist visa
            You are correct, the UAE, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES doesn't accept the US Refugee Travel Document, Form I-571. Permanent Residents of the United States who obtained such a status through asylum don't require a VISA to travel to Canada, however, Canada does ACCEPT the US Refugee Travel Document, Form I-571 with an eTA for travel via AIR.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Asylee Expert View Post

              You are welcome! Unfortunately, You CANNOT travel to United Arab Emirates with a U.S. Refugee Travel, Form I-571. If you visit the United Arab Emirates Consulate Website, they make it explicitly clear that they don't accept TRAVEL DOCUMENTS. You have a choice to travel to another country in the region that accepts the US Refugee Travel Document, FORM I-571 or delay travel until you become a NATURALIZED US CITIZEN, and then you can apply for US PASSPORT and travel to the United Arab Emirates under American protection.

              TRAVELLING TO CANADA WITH A US REFUGEE TRAVEL DOCUMENT, FORM I-571 (ASYLEES ONLY)

              If you possess a US Refugee Travel Document, Form I-571 and you are an ASYLEE. Please bear in mind that a VISA is required to travel to Canada. (At this time, most foreign nationals CANNOT travel to Canada including you even if you have a valid VISA or ETA, Electronic Travel Authorization to protect Canadians from the Coronavirus Outbreak as outlined by their Prime Minister). Canada accepts Passengers with the U.S. Refugee Travel Document FORM I-571 issued to refugees and it must be valid for the period of intended stay. You will need a VISITORS VISA to travel to Canada. You don't need an eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization). Please note: The visa is an official document stamped in your US Refugee Travel Document, Form I-571. It costs $100 Canadian dollars. You may need to give biometrics with your application.

              REQUIREMENTS FOR PERMANENT RESIDENTS THAT OBTAINED SUCH STATUS THROUGH ASYLYM TRAVELLING TO CANADA

              If you possess a US Refugee Travel Document, Form I-571 and you are a PERMANENT RESIDENT that obtained such a status through asylum, You have VISA FREE ACCESS to Canada. Please bear in mind although you have a VISA FREE ACCESS to Canada. If you are flying or transiting through Canadian airport. You will need a eTA, Electronic Travel Authorization. YOU DON'T NEED A VISITORS VISA. An eTA costs $7 Canadian dollars, It will be electrically linked to your US Refugee Travel Document, Form I-571. Most applicants get their eTA approval (via an email) within minutes, like I did. However, some request can take several days to process if you're asked to submit supporting documents. To apply for a eTA to travel to Canada, visit ...

              THIS IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE, CANADA & CRIMINAL RECORD ⬇

              A Canadian Immigration Officer will decide if you can enter Canada when you apply for a visa, or a eTA or in this case when you arrive at the Canadian port of entry. Under Canada's Immigration law, if you have committed or been convicted of a crime, you may not be allowed entry into Canada even if you are a US citizen. In other words, you may be "criminally inadmissible". This includes both minor and serious crimes, such as theft, assault, manslaughter, dangerous driving, driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol and possession of a or trafficking in drugs or controlled substances. You can find a list of criminal offenses in the Criminal Code of Canada and the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act. Also, note, if you were convicted of a crime when you were under the age of 18,r you may still be able to enter Canada.

              Depending on the crime, how long ago it was and how you have behaved since, you may still be allowed to visit Canada. If you can convince an immigration officer that you meet the legal terms to be deemed rehabilitated or applied for rehabilitation and were approved or were granted a record suspension or have a temporary resident permit.

              LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
              The information contained above is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. I am a Permanent Resident who obtained such a status through asylum, I am an avid user of the US Refugee Travel Document, Form I-571, my responses are usually from own personal experience and the travel information is provided from TIMATIC, it is the Travel Information Manual Automatic it is the same system Passenger Services Agent use at the airport to determine if you are able to travel to a destination.
              Very useful guide for asylee international travelling! Thank you for sharing.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by gtaid1 View Post


                There's a reason USCIS provides Refugee Travel Document to Green Holders that obtained GC through asylum. If using home country passport was ok, they wouldn't do that.

                I think everyone has their own opinion here, it depends if you are willing to take risk of being questioned later or not.

                But for sure, using home country passport means you are receiving a benefit from that country. However you want to justify that in future if you are questioned about it , is up to you!


                I checked many lawyers website and I do see many contradictory answers. Some lawyers say it's ok for Asylum GC to use their passport but some lawyers say no do not use home country passport .

                I would take more conservative approach and won't use my home country passport, because this is era of crack down on immigration. I don't want to give government any excuse to question your credibility.
                This is a huge misunderstanding.

                The main reason why USCIS issue RTD to asylum based LPRs is because some LPR's passport expired, they either not willing or not able to get a passport from their country of origin.

                The BIA decision is right there, black and white, specifically outlined that LPRs DO NOT need RTD to travel.

                I cannot believe you are still here arguing otherwise. USCIS cannot terminate your status nor deny your future applications on the sole finding that you used your passport. They CANNOT. Period.

                On a technical terms, what the decision really mean is that, once you adjudicated to LPR, you transferred your status from an Asylee to LPR. You are no longer an asylee. That means, any termination grounds specific to that of an asylee no longer applies to you. For example, you DO NOT need to continue to meet the defination of a refugee to maintain your LPR status. This could happen when your country condition changed, for example. Nor are you required to not receive any benfits from your country of origin. Only termination / inadmissibility grounds of a regular LPR applies to you.

                Of course if they find evidence of fraud they can still deport you even if you become USC, but using your original passport is far from solid evidence that you committed any fraud unless you did not disclose (i.e. lied about ) your original passport (if you have one during the asylum process). Even in that case it might or might not be material.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by flando View Post

                  This is a huge misunderstanding.

                  The main reason why USCIS issue RTD to asylum based LPRs is because some LPR's passport expired, they either not willing or not able to get a passport from their country of origin.

                  The BIA decision is right there, black and white, specifically outlined that LPRs DO NOT need RTD to travel.

                  I cannot believe you are still here arguing otherwise. USCIS cannot terminate your status nor deny your future applications on the sole finding that you used your passport. They CANNOT. Period.

                  On a technical terms, what the decision really mean is that, once you adjudicated to LPR, you transferred your status from an Asylee to LPR. You are no longer an asylee. That means, any termination grounds specific to that of an asylee no longer applies to you. For example, you DO NOT need to continue to meet the defination of a refugee to maintain your LPR status. This could happen when your country condition changed, for example. Nor are you required to not receive any benfits from your country of origin. Only termination / inadmissibility grounds of a regular LPR applies to you.

                  Of course if they find evidence of fraud they can still deport you even if you become USC, but using your original passport is far from solid evidence that you committed any fraud unless you did not disclose (i.e. lied about ) your original passport (if you have one during the asylum process). Even in that case it might or might not be material.
                  Uscis have mixed my name with someone else. They asked for an RFE to prove wether i was in the United States the whole time. Where as it was the other person same name and date of birth as mine. She is the one who must have traveled outside US. Although i have sent out all my pay stubs. Bank statements my Rental agreement and a letter from my son’s school and a letter from my employer that i was present in the country whole time and also my tax return. Would that be enough to prove my presence. I m afraid they wont come out anything new to surprise me. I never ever went outside of my state. Traveling abroad is no question for me. Would they approve my i485???

                  Comment


                  • Today I noticed two major "processing time" updates on UCIS website : (


                    For Nebraska :

                    Refugee Travel Document increased from "4 to 6 months" >>>> to >>> " 5.5 Months to 7.5 Months"

                    Green Card application increased from "8 to 31 months" >>>> to >>>> "14 Months to 45 Months"



                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by gtaid1 View Post
                      Today I noticed two major "processing time" updates on UCIS website : (


                      For Nebraska :

                      Refugee Travel Document increased from "4 to 6 months" >>>> to >>> " 5.5 Months to 7.5 Months"

                      Green Card application increased from "8 to 31 months" >>>> to >>>> "14 Months to 45 Months"


                      Taxes has the same GC processing time 45 month...in 45 month I could apply for citizenship if I my GC came on time...

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Asylee Expert View Post

                        You are welcome! Unfortunately, You CANNOT travel to United Arab Emirates with a U.S. Refugee Travel, Form I-571. If you visit the United Arab Emirates Consulate Website, they make it explicitly clear that they don't accept TRAVEL DOCUMENTS. You have a choice to travel to another country in the region that accepts the US Refugee Travel Document, FORM I-571 or delay travel until you become a NATURALIZED US CITIZEN, and then you can apply for US PASSPORT and travel to the United Arab Emirates under American protection.

                        TRAVELLING TO CANADA WITH A US REFUGEE TRAVEL DOCUMENT, FORM I-571 (ASYLEES ONLY)

                        If you possess a US Refugee Travel Document, Form I-571 and you are an ASYLEE. Please bear in mind that a VISA is required to travel to Canada. (At this time, most foreign nationals CANNOT travel to Canada including you even if you have a valid VISA or ETA, Electronic Travel Authorization to protect Canadians from the Coronavirus Outbreak as outlined by their Prime Minister). Canada accepts Passengers with the U.S. Refugee Travel Document FORM I-571 issued to refugees and it must be valid for the period of intended stay. You will need a VISITORS VISA to travel to Canada. You don't need an eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization). Please note: The visa is an official document stamped in your US Refugee Travel Document, Form I-571. It costs $100 Canadian dollars. You may need to give biometrics with your application.

                        REQUIREMENTS FOR PERMANENT RESIDENTS THAT OBTAINED SUCH STATUS THROUGH ASYLYM TRAVELLING TO CANADA

                        If you possess a US Refugee Travel Document, Form I-571 and you are a PERMANENT RESIDENT that obtained such a status through asylum, You have VISA FREE ACCESS to Canada. Please bear in mind although you have a VISA FREE ACCESS to Canada. If you are flying or transiting through Canadian airport. You will need a eTA, Electronic Travel Authorization. YOU DON'T NEED A VISITORS VISA. An eTA costs $7 Canadian dollars, It will be electrically linked to your US Refugee Travel Document, Form I-571. Most applicants get their eTA approval (via an email) within minutes, like I did. However, some request can take several days to process if you're asked to submit supporting documents. To apply for a eTA to travel to Canada, visit ...

                        THIS IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE, CANADA & CRIMINAL RECORD ⬇

                        A Canadian Immigration Officer will decide if you can enter Canada when you apply for a visa, or a eTA or in this case when you arrive at the Canadian port of entry. Under Canada's Immigration law, if you have committed or been convicted of a crime, you may not be allowed entry into Canada even if you are a US citizen. In other words, you may be "criminally inadmissible". This includes both minor and serious crimes, such as theft, assault, manslaughter, dangerous driving, driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol and possession of a or trafficking in drugs or controlled substances. You can find a list of criminal offenses in the Criminal Code of Canada and the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act. Also, note, if you were convicted of a crime when you were under the age of 18,r you may still be able to enter Canada.

                        Depending on the crime, how long ago it was and how you have behaved since, you may still be allowed to visit Canada. If you can convince an immigration officer that you meet the legal terms to be deemed rehabilitated or applied for rehabilitation and were approved or were granted a record suspension or have a temporary resident permit.

                        LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
                        The information contained above is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. I am a Permanent Resident who obtained such a status through asylum, I am an avid user of the US Refugee Travel Document, Form I-571, my responses are usually from own personal experience and the travel information is provided from TIMATIC, it is the Travel Information Manual Automatic it is the same system Passenger Services Agent use at the airport to determine if you are able to travel to a destination.
                        Thank you vvv use ful information I am v satisfied and understand Thanku again
                        you have lot of correct information

                        Comment


                        • My case still say case was approved so how long I have to wait the card. It has been showing for 6days

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Trinity01 View Post

                            Taxeshas the same GC processing time 45 month...in 45 month I could apply for citizenship if I my GC came on time...
                            I just don’t know how to cope with this anymore. I haven’t seen my family for 4 years. I have patiently waited for this card for 2 years soon, just to figure out that is not enough. I’m all cried out, helpless and mad.
                            Last edited by Jasmine22; 10-29-2020, 02:42 AM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Jasmine22 View Post

                              I just don’t know how to cope with this anymore. I haven’t seen my family for 4 years. I have patiently waited for this card for 2 years soon, just to figure out that is not enough. I’m all cried out, helpless and mad ????
                              I feel you. Every time when I try to calm myself and accept situation, I get stressed again. And it’s killing because I can’t do anything but wait up to 45 stupid month. I thought that all struggles with documents ended when I got approval after my interview, but I guess it was just the beginning.
                              I still have some hope that it all ends sometime soon for all of us. And want it to be over.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Trinity01 View Post

                                I feel you. Every time when I try to calm myself and accept situation, I get stressed again. And it’s killing because I can’t do anything but wait up to 45 stupid month. I thought that all struggles with documents ended when I got approval after my interview, but I guess it was just the beginning.
                                I still have some hope that it all ends sometime soon for all of us. And want it to be over.
                                I feel that I can't simply move on, feel like a normal person and not "something in between". I can't buy a house where you often need a green card, travel with more confidence. I only have a permit for work and is that only supposed to make me a happy person? I can't even work for the jobs I want to work for, cause you either need a green card or citizenship..

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X