Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pman View Post
    Hello, Have anyone from this thread received the decision? As mine is going to be almost 1 year that I485 is pended, I am really worried.
    I'm still waiting ..nothing changed so far !

Comment

anybody can help me please

My case was received on NOV 9 2017 based on 1 year granted asylum , till today Dec 6 i haven't received any notice regarding my biometric appointment and im just afraid it was lost in the mail . is that
      a normal time frame ??? what should i do

Comment

Why is Texas Service Center so slow!

My I-485 (through granted asylum) was received through Texas Service Center on January 27 2017, and still no card. My brother who lives in another state and applied through Nebraska Service center, was given his green card October 5 2017 although he filed it in May 22. 2017! (So less than 5 months !!) .

People with similar situation please share your experience.

Comment

Asukka

I applied on February 6 th 2017. I am also in same situation. When i check the case status, it shows only ' Fingerprint fee was received '. I wish all of us get our GC soon.
          Last edited by Pman; 12-10-2017, 11:30 PM.

Comment

My husband's time line:
            Sept 2016: Granted Asylum
            Sept 2017: Sent AOS
            Nov 2017: Biometric Appt
            Dec 2017: Received appt letter
            Jan 2018: Interview

Will update as soon as the appointment is over.

(Also we are married and I am a U.S Citizen.

Comment

Beyond Normal processing Time

Hi all!

Most of us have applied in january 2017 or February 2017. Today, when I check USCIS website, upto October 2017, it's showing they have processed February 2017 application. Ain't we beyond normal processing window timeframe? Have anyone of you received the decision yet. Are we suppose to submit case inquiry? Please advise.

Comment

Category (C)(9) or (a)(5) in I765 form

If we are applying for new EAD while our I485 is pending after grant of asylum, what will be our category while we file for new EAD. A(a)(5) or (c)(9). Please help.

Comment

i485 Green Card Delay

If we are applying for new EAD while our I485 is pending after grant of asylum, what will be our category while we file for new EAD. A(a)(5) or (c)(9). Please help.
                  Hello pman, I am also in the same category as you. I filed since March 20 2017 and it is Jan 12 2018 and I have not received a decision on my case.

Has your case been approved?

Comment

No decision yet

Originally posted by mekus21 View Post
                    Hello pman, I am also in the same category as you. I filed since March 20 2017 and it is Jan 12 2018 and I have not received a decision on my case.

Has your case been approved?

Not yet. Nothing has been updated apart from fingerprints fee was received. Tired of checking status .😩

Comment

Not yet. Nothing has been updated apart from fingerprints fee was received. Tired of checking status .😩
                      I'm in the same way ! Waiting since September 16! ( derivarive asylee)

Comment

Did you receive the decision yet?

Hi!
                        I was wondering if there is any updates on the decision?

Originally posted by AA285 View Post
                        have you received a decision yet? I filed in April 2017
                        - - - Updated - - -

Hi,
                        Did you receive any decision?

Originally posted by treehouse View Post
                        I still haven't received any decision. Looks like the backlog is ugly.
                        - - - Updated - - -

Hi ,

Is there any updates on the decision? Mine is still pending. 😩

Originally posted by asukka View Post
                        My I-485 (through granted asylum) was received through Texas Service Center on January 27 2017, and still no card. My brother who lives in another state and applied through Nebraska Service center, was given his green card October 5 2017 although he filed it in May 22. 2017! (So less than 5 months !!) .

People with similar situation please share your experience.

Comment

Hi!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi ,

Is there any updates on the decision? Mine is still pending. 😩
                          No update on my side

Comment

Originally posted by asukka View Post
                            No update on my side
                            I am still waiting since September 2016! 🤤

Comment

Nothing Yet

No decision yet. 2 months ago, I made a service request through the USCIS website seeking answer to why is my case is outside of normal processing time, I got the email with following response:

We have received your service request and researched the status of your case. We have had to perform additional review and this has caused a delay in processing time. Your case is currently in line for processing and adjudication. Cases are processed in the order in which they were received.

I suspect that was a standard "copy paste" response by the USCIS. I then called them few weeks earlier asking why they still haven't processed my application and the officer asked me to wait one more month (3 months from original inquiry) before they look at it again. So, there's that. I will be calling them soon again and will update here with the response.

One thing I can say for sure, this is normal these days. In other forums I have heard people telling the USCIS takes more than 7 months just to process the EAD. Since we are already allowed to work and travel, we might have been pushed back in the line. In their eyes, processing our application is not an emergency given our permanent work eligibility and ability to travel.

Will be updating soon and hoping same from you guys!

Comment

Originally posted by treehouse View Post
                                No decision yet. 2 months ago, I made a service request through the USCIS website seeking answer to why is my case is outside of normal processing time, I got the email with following response:

We have received your service request and researched the status of your case. We have had to perform additional review and this has caused a delay in processing time. Your case is currently in line for processing and adjudication. Cases are processed in the order in which they were received.

I suspect that was a standard "copy paste" response by the USCIS. I then called them few weeks earlier asking why they still haven't processed my application and the officer asked me to wait one more month (3 months from original inquiry) before they look at it again. So, there's that. I will be calling them soon again and will update here with the response.

One thing I can say for sure, this is normal these days. In other forums I have heard people telling the USCIS takes more than 7 months just to process the EAD. Since we are already allowed to work and travel, we might have been pushed back in the line. In their eyes, processing our application is not an emergency given our permanent work eligibility and ability to travel.

Will be updating soon and hoping same from you guys!
                                Thank you for your update! I also did a requested and it was on 11/02/17. So, next month will be 3 months after my requested. If anything changes I will post in here.( application based on derivarive asylee since September/2016). Have a nice day!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X