Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asylum Based i-485

Hey guys. I want to post my timeline for my pending I-485 based on Asylum grant.

Jan 6, 2016: Asylum Approved by IJ. (My birth country is not a part of that unpopular travel plan)

Jan 8, 2017: Application to register for Permanent resident I-485 sent. Texas service center.

Jan 15, 2017: Application received and a case number was assigned.

Feb 12, 2017: Biometrics done

Awaiting approval! Will update once I get the final decision!

What is happening with Processing times?

So, I still haven't received any decision on my application. As of March 31, they were processing the cases as of Oct 4, 2016 for I-485 based on asylum.

Immihelp.com - Comprehensive information on green card, Visitors Visa, H1 Visa, Student Visa, other visas and visitors medical insurance, newcomer to USA

Today, they updated their processing times and now it says as of April 30, they are processing cases as of Sept 17, 2016!!! (Uscis website, Texas Service center)

ONE MONTH PASSED AND THEY ARE PROCESSING CASES FROM ONE MONTH BACKWARD.

How is that possible?!

Comment

have you received a decision yet? I filed in April 2017

Comment

Originally posted by treehouse View Post
        So, I still haven't received any decision on my application. As of March 31, they were processing the cases as of Oct 4, 2016 for I-485 based on asylum.

Immihelp.com - Comprehensive information on green card, Visitors Visa, H1 Visa, Student Visa, other visas and visitors medical insurance, newcomer to USA

Today, they updated their processing times and now it says as of April 30, they are processing cases as of Sept 17, 2016!!! (Uscis website, Texas Service center)

ONE MONTH PASSED AND THEY ARE PROCESSING CASES FROM ONE MONTH BACKWARD.

How is that possible?!
        understanding USCIS processing times is much like reading tea leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by azblk View Post
          understanding USCIS processing times is much like reading tea leaves.

I think reading tea leaves seems easy enough than the whole USCIS process....not only the processing time....

Comment

Not Yet

Originally posted by AA285 View Post
            have you received a decision yet? I filed in April 2017
            Not Yet. Will post once I get the decision.

Comment

Not Yet. Will post once I get the decision.
              Did you get the decision yet? I applied in February 2017. I am also waiting for the decision.

Comment

Not Yet

Originally posted by Pman View Post
                Did you get the decision yet? I applied in February 2017. I am also waiting for the decision.
                I still haven't received any decision. Looks like the backlog is ugly.

Comment

I still haven't received any decision. Looks like the backlog is ugly.
                  Yep!! I also didn't receive any news from my case filed on September/2016! (Adjust of status as derivative asylum).

Comment

I-485 process time

I saw the thread and I wanted to join in and see who else is going through the same.

june,2015: Asylum approved
                    june 2016: filed I-485
                    august 206: bio metric done
                    september 2016: RFE requested (birth certificate)
                    october 2016: RFE sent to USCIS and received

Today is Nov 10, 2017 and haven't received any response from USCIS. I'm assuming due to backlog. Every time I check in the website, it says the case is pending.
                    so i requested them to check the case via the site and they got back to me in 2 weeks and said it's still pending and I should hear back from them within 6 months.

Comment

Did you apply forEAD While waitibg for GC?

We are given GC EAD for two years. If we did not get decision by that time frame, can we apply for new EAD? Or how does it work?

Comment

We are given GC EAD for two years. If we did not get decision by that time frame, can we apply for new EAD? Or how does it work?
                        Yes, you can apply for free indefinitely as long as the I-485 is still pending.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by mimi07 View Post
                          I saw the thread and I wanted to join in and see who else is going through the same.

june,2015: Asylum approved
                          june 2016: filed I-485
                          august 206: bio metric done
                          september 2016: RFE requested (birth certificate)
                          october 2016: RFE sent to USCIS and received

Today is Nov 10, 2017 and haven't received any response from USCIS. I'm assuming due to backlog. Every time I check in the website, it says the case is pending.
                          so i requested them to check the case via the site and they got back to me in 2 weeks and said it's still pending and I should hear back from them within 6 months.
                          10 days ago I called immigration to ask about my case and they filed a requested under my case, today I got an email from them saying that my case is under review and I will get a decision in 60 days. I hope to get a good news as everyone also.

Comment

Originally posted by Edyfrances View Post
                            10 days ago I called immigration to ask about my case and they filed a requested under my case, today I got an email from them saying that my case is under review and I will get a decision in 60 days. I hope to get a good news as everyone also.
                            Thank you for the update. I am still waiting. Let us know when any action is taken!

- - - Updated - - -

You can apply for EAD but you don't need EAD to work if you are an asylee. All you need is social security card and government issued photo ID to accept employment.

Comment

Follow up

Hello, Have anyone from this thread received the decision? As mine is going to be almost 1 year that I485 is pended, I am really worried.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X