Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Asyleef View Post
    When you find something is seriously wrong and speak up, it does not make you ungrateful. And this my friend is what makes this country one of the greatest countries in the world.
    Everybody has his own legit reasons to want the processing times to be reasonable and fair.
    If anybody knows how to start a lawsuit let's connect and do it. It makes no sense to wait 3-4-5 years to get our applications processed.
    It’s absolutely ok, as a matter of fact encouraged, that if you feel the timeline unreasonable (indeed it is), that you file a class action suit with the court.

What’s not ok, is that you make misleading statement and being unappreciated for your status.

As an immigrant who went through many status from F1 to H1 to I140 to Asylee, you are kidding me when you complain lack of opportunities under asylee status.

Comment

• Originally posted by flando View Post

It’s absolutely ok, as a matter of fact encouraged, that if you feel the timeline unreasonable (indeed it is), that you file a class action suit with the court.

What’s not ok, is that you make misleading statement and being unappreciated for your status.

As an immigrant who went through many status from F1 to H1 to I140 to Asylee, you are kidding me when you complain lack of opportunities under asylee status.
      I did not make any misleading statements, and nobody said he was ungrateful.

I agree with you asylum status is better than other categories, but still something as simple as a security clearance (4 comments above) could cause a lot of unnecessary stress. If you were in his shoes you would understand how bad it is. I mean it's fine to complain, every case is different some reasons may seem minor but to the person affected they are essential.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asyleef View Post

I did not make any misleading statements, and nobody said he was ungrateful.

I agree with you asylum status is better than other categories, but still something as simple as a security clearance (4 comments above) could cause a lot of unnecessary stress. If you were in his shoes you would understand how bad it is. I mean it's fine to complain, every case is different some reasons may seem minor but to the person affected they are essential.
        The other person's implied claim that asylee status is too restrictive is what I mean by "misleading".

You will always got jobs which require security clearance that you can only get if you are USC, not even a GC holder.

However, those situations are extremely rare, and the law protect asylees from discrimination in terms of immigration status when they apply or on the job.

A simple security clearance will not be a show stopper for most asylees.

And that's exactly what I'm talking about, these "comments" and folks have no idea what life looks like for other immigrants. Even changing a job is 10x harder.

the point is - Asylee status itself is sufficient for a vast majority of people, with very, very few exceptions in areas regarding national security. Again, those are extreme exceptions.

Of course, I agree the processing time is an issue, but again, you can bring class action suit

Comment

• I believe everyone should have their opinions and feelings, but for some people in the situation is exhausting... I am just basing my thoughts on the UNHCR convention signed by aall countries.
          the UNHCR wishes to reiterate that unlike migrants, there are specific protection needs pertaining to refugees even after their status has been determined.

Article 34 of the 1951 Refugee Convention requires that: “Contracting States shall as far as possible facilitate the assimilation and naturalisation of refugees. They shall in particular make every effort to expedite naturalisation proceedings and to reduce as far as possible the charges and costs of such proceedings.”
          the process of integration to the hosting country... SHOULDNT BE DELAYED. it should be easier and smoother

Comment

• Filed asylum based i-485 back in June 2019, latest update was October 18, 2019 Case Was Transferred To An Asylum Office.

Do you guys have any good recommendations or actions I should take? This is exhausting and I do not know if there is a single thing I can do.

Comment

• Originally posted by PD13 View Post
              Filed asylum based i-485 back in June 2019, latest update was October 18, 2019 Case Was Transferred To An Asylum Office.

Do you guys have any good recommendations or actions I should take? This is exhausting and I do not know if there is a single thing I can do.
              From a short term tactical perspective, the only effective measure is to file writ of mandamus lawsuit against USCIS. As long as you paid money to attorney the case could be resolved within months.

From a long term perspective, you could ether join a class action suit, or doing policy advocacy by writing to the President and head of DHS. While these actions will not help your situation, it creates hope for others similarly situated.

Comment

• Hello guys, my friend has green card based on asylum and wants to visit his home country. Is it allowed?
                Thanks!
                Last edited by gcpending; 10-22-2021, 02:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gcpending View Post
                  Hello guys, my friend has green card based on asylum and wants to visit his home country. Is it allowed?
                  Thanks!
                  It is possible to go back unless you have a strong reason to convince the officer at the time of citizenship interview

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

It is possible to go back unless you have a strong reason to convince the officer at the time of citizenship interview
                    Thank you, how about at re-entry point? That was his main concern?

Comment

• Originally posted by gcpending View Post

Thank you, how about at re-entry point? That was his main concern?
                      As I said countless of times, asylum GC holders, under current law, can go to any counties just like other GC holders without any restrictions.

That, of course, include home country.

The case law specifically mentioned that GC holders do not have to have well founded fear.

The only thing is if your asylum claim said your country's border agent has a blacklist with your names on it, then you will had a hard time to prove you did not commit fraud.

In reality the fact is most asylum seekers are just fine for a short visit back home, facing little risk if they in and out in a week or two, while face real danger if they stay for a long period of time. That's perfectly reasonable. The proof of fraud shift strongly to USCIS side once you adjust status.

Comment

• Originally posted by flando View Post

As I said countless of times, asylum GC holders, under current law, can go to any counties just like other GC holders without any restrictions.

That, of course, include home country.

The case law specifically mentioned that GC holders do not have to have well founded fear.

The only thing is if your asylum claim said your country's border agent has a blacklist with your names on it, then you will had a hard time to prove you did not commit fraud.

In reality the fact is most asylum seekers are just fine for a short visit back home, facing little risk if they in and out in a week or two, while face real danger if they stay for a long period of time. That's perfectly reasonable. The proof of fraud shift strongly to USCIS side once you adjust status.
                        Thank you so much!

Comment

• Hi guys
                          how long processing times ead category a5?
                          because my ead still pending almost 4 months

thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by Loveusa99 View Post
                            Hi guys
                            how long processing times ead category a5?
                            because my ead still pending almost 4 months

thank you
                            6 to 12months

Comment

• My time line for asylum based I-485 application:
                              Nov 12 2019 Application was submitted

Dec 16 2019 Fingerprints was taking
                              Oct 4 2021 Expedite process request was submitted
                              Oct 7 2021 Expedite process request was denied
                              Last edited by Modomodo; 10-26-2021, 05:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Modomodo View Post
                                My time line for asylum based I-485 application:
                                Nov 12 2019 Application was submitted

Dec 16 2019 Fingerprints was taking
                                Oct 4 2021 Expedite process request was submitted
                                Oct 7 2021 Expedite process request was denied
                                Which service center is this?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X