No announcement yet.

Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please let me know the response of calling USCIS? what usually they answer? is it beneficial to call them? I-485 case is pending at Tx center since May 7, 2019 and no update. they have not even asked for fingerprints.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prince Ali View Post
      Please let me know the response of calling USCIS? what usually they answer? is it beneficial to call them? I-485 case is pending at Tx center since May 7, 2019 and no update. they have not even asked for fingerprints.
      Thank you for the response, but I WAS asking abt the person who sent it under category C9?! coz they have a diff location than A5. I CANt afford to pay another 400$ for a new EAD.

I called uscis this moring , they told me the usual answer : ur case requires additional review we will process in a time based on the order we received it

then asked me if i wanted to submit an expedite request ,there are 4 criteria based o nthe website.

i waited 30 mins o n the phone,,,then got hung up waited another 30 mins, to have the lady telling me the usual automated response pf ur case is still processing,,,,

btw u can also sumbit an inquiry via the website just choose refugee instead of asylee. Not worth calling unless you want to escalate the case inquiry and speak with a higher order officer
      Last edited by lolo858585; 08-12-2020, 11:30 PM.
      July 26, 2019 : AOS Package sent to USCIS
      July 29, 2019 : TEXTS received n credit card charged
      August 5, 2019 : NOA letter received in the mail

Comment

Please let me know the response of calling USCIS? what usually they answer? is it beneficial to call them? I-485 case is pending at Tx center since May 7, 2019 and no update. they have not even asked for fingerprints.
        My husband called USCIS last month as his case was pending from April 2019 and they said that it is within the processing time, action can be taken only if it is outside the processing time.

Its no use calling them unless you have a reason to expediate the I-485 case unfortunately we don't have that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anwar79 View Post
          Hello folks,
          it's been so frustrating waiting for i485 to be processed. my timeline is as follow:
          filed i485 in May,2018
          biometric accepted in July, 2018
          case transferred to TSC in Sep, 2018.
          since then no updates. its been 27 months since i485 filed, and when calling uscis last week they said that case is NOT outside normal processing time!!
          Does anyone have a similar experience?
          Hey
          My case is at TSC filed on JULY 02,2018
          you are eligible to file for outside normal processing.
          i filed my outside normal processing request. Today I received an reply that I should expect to see movement in my case within 60 days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby69 View Post

Hey
            i filed my outside normal processing request. Today I received an reply that I should expect to see movement in my case within 60 days.
            Hi. I hope your application will get approve within 60 days.
            can you let us know what is considered "normal processing time" ? I mean when we can submit outside normal processing request?

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

My husband called USCIS last month as his case was pending from April 2019 and they said that it is within the processing time, action can be taken only if it is outside the processing time.

Its no use calling them unless you have a reason to expediate the I-485 case unfortunately we don't have that.
              Have they done fingerprints of your husband?

Comment

• I don’t know what to say, they lie about processing times all the time. I bet they sit there drinking coffee, polishing their nails and gossiping. They don’t care about people...

Comment

Hi. I hope your application will get approve within 60 days.
                  can you let us know what is considered "normal processing time" ? I mean when we can submit outside normal processing request?
                  So the processing time is posted on uscis website based on the office. For example currently the receipt inquiry date is sep 10,2018 for I-485 at TSC. Anyone who has filed before that Date and has their case pending is eligible to request outside normal processing inquiry

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby69 View Post

Hey
                    Here are more details: I tried to do an request but I get an error saying ”invalid receipt number” so I contacted Uscis earlier this week and they said that e-request can't be submitted until case outside normal processing. Following bBobby’s recommendation I called again today and they said my case is 4months outside processing time and they submitted a request for me.

Bobby- how long was the time between your request submission and the reply you got?

Comment

• Tsc????

Comment

• Originally posted by Anwar79 View Post

Here are more details: I tried to do an request but I get an error saying ”invalid receipt number” so I contacted Uscis earlier this week and they said that e-request can't be submitted until case outside normal processing. Following bBobby’s recommendation I called again today and they said my case is 4months outside processing time and they submitted a request for me.

Bobby- how long was the time between your request submission and the reply you got?
                        I requested on July 31,2020 and got the reply on August 13,2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Roma Zmlv View Post
                          I don’t know what to say, they lie about processing times all the time. I bet they sit there drinking coffee, polishing their nails and gossiping. They don’t care about people...

agree with you, the percentage for I-485 is less than 20% compare to the other types of Petitions. I did notice they never touch I-485 at all in TSC , only very few cases have been transferred to Nebraska and those lucky cases got approved or in approval process.

Comment

• Today I just went to the post office and mailed my 485 application, I hope to be lucky. But Immigration Bureau will not work soon, I am really worried about the future progress! ! ! !

Comment

• Originally posted by guangming View Post
                              Today I just went to the post office and mailed my 485 application, I hope to be lucky. But Immigration Bureau will not work soon, I am really worried about the future progress! ! ! !
                              Which center did you file to?

Comment

• Originally posted by guangming View Post
                                Today I just went to the post office and mailed my 485 application, I hope to be lucky. But Immigration Bureau will not work soon, I am really worried about the future progress! ! ! !
                                Have you submitted your medical exam report with your application or you have decided to submit it later?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X