Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Singh52 View Post
    Hello everyone, I applied for RTD on August 2021 for the first time. Does anybody know how long it will take? Also on my RTD application I put asylum granted but later on I got my green card.assuming the officer will see my current status, Will there be any issue? Thanks
    Hi Singh52.

Congratulations on your green card. Can I know when you applied for I-485 and when you got the approval for your green card? Also what is the date on your green card?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky_ View Post

I applied for asylum based green card with my family on February, 20.2020 at TSC. In March 2021 our green cards were delivered to us
      Lucky_ congrats on your green card. That is very fast for an asylum-based GC at the Texas Service Center! May I ask if you tried any method like expedite request, help from a congressperson/senator or Writ of Mandamus? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by waitingGC View Post

Lucky_ congrats on your green card. That is very fast for an asylum-based GC at the Texas Service Center! May I ask if you tried any method like expedite request, help from a congressperson/senator or Writ of Mandamus? Thanks
        Thanks! Yes it was a good surprise from USCIS(TSC).I didn't try any method that you stated above.
        Wishing you a fast and smooth process!!!

Comment

• Akbrocks thanks everyone so it took me 3 years to get my green card and as per inquiries, i used congressman, senator and white house and also general inquiries. Your green card always backdated 1 year. Hopes this helps

Comment

• Originally posted by Singh52 View Post
            Akbrocks thanks everyone so it took me 3 years to get my green card and as per inquiries, i used congressman, senator and white house and also general inquiries. Your green card always backdated 1 year. Hopes this helps
            Thank you for your reply. Did your friends who had applied also got the approval?

Comment

• I wanted to share my experience getting a green card...
              I was illegally charged inadmissible for misinterpretation of a prior married-based green card. I wasn't informed of the inadmissibly charged, so no due process from uscis agents there. I was married since 2009 and in 2011 when we were doing the adjustment of status, we faced a lot of discrimination, we withdraw the application in 2013 and I applied for asylum and U1 visa the same year.
              Years later I found on my record the inadmissibility note, we were never notified by the USCIS of such thing and there was not really evidence of such. either way. in 2017 my U1 was approved and in 2018 my asylum was approved.
              I applied for a green card in Nov 2019 based on asylum. finally got approved dec 2021. (officer called my attorney to apologize for the discrimatory way i was treated during the whole process)
              During these whole time I read on this forums, and I did my research... I am so happy for all the information I got from this forum.
              Thank you all for helping eachother.
              I am even considering getting a law degree in the future. hehe.
              My green card was dated one year from the date of the approval notice, and it is valid for 11 years (valid from 2020-2031)
              I still believe there is so many unfair treatment for asylees and refugees, all the waiting time should be applied to our citizenship requirement, and our refugee travel document should be valid for more than 1 year.
              I really hope we get to change all those problems we face.
              Have a good day everyone
              and Happy new Year
              Last edited by GM1985; 01-06-2022, 11:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asyleee View Post
                Hey guys, I have been silently following this group for long time. My caee was pending in Texas Service Center and today i have my green card in hand. My timeline was as follows;
                asylum approved March 2018
                I-485 filed in March 2019
                biometrics done and applied: Feb 2020
                Writ of Mandamus: April 2021
                Request for Evidence (medical): May 2021
                Green card in hand: June 2021
                So I sued USCIS and then they took action my case, i send so many inquiries through congressmen office but all responded back with generic response that case is within normal processing time bla bla bla, I hired good reputable attorney and USCIS took immediate action on my case and case was approved within no time. I am not representing any attorney here nor i am asking anyone to spend 4k attorney fee to file a lawsuit. I was trying my best to seek some sort of information before filling this lawsuit so i dont have to pay attorney fee and if i could find a draft online and do everything on my own but nothing was available online and thats why i have to go through an attorney. Guys i am here to help anyone who is willing to file a lawsuit, i have that draft and all information to file it now and to whom against it will be filer i have all the names of those officials. I will whoever is waiting for more than a year now should file this lawsuit and i will help anyone who needs this help to give them this draft and way to file it. You will only need 400 dollars court fee to file this lawsuit and i will do everything For FREE as i been though this pain and stressful wait and want to help my fellow brothers and sisters in this group. You guys can inbox me your email address and i will send you the draft and whole process and information to file it. Doing this we will also pressure USCIS and hopefully they will start acting fast on asylum based green cardd as are most ignored ones at this moment of time. I also created a gmail account just for this cause and to help everyone you can email me on it as well.
                looking forward to help you guys getting your green cards asap.
                Regards:
                your fellow brother

Thank you,

Comment

• Originally posted by telewa View Post

which service center is this?
                  texas

Comment

• Hello everyone:
                    I wanted to share my experience with you.

Texas Service Center:

Applied for asylum Mach 2015
                    Asylum interview February 2018
                    Asylum approval September 2018

I 485 application (one year exactly after granted of asylum): September 2019
                    Biometric January 2020.

Married to a US citizen, several inquiries were made from 2020 till September 2021 with no results.

Filed a lawsuit in November 2021.
                    December 2021 received RFE (medical expired)
                    Medical received by USCIS 31 January 2021
                    Case updated January 2022 (RFE received)
                    Today I received an email: the case was approved and a new card is produced.

Good luck for everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by asylumasylum View Post
                      Hello everyone:

Texas Service Center:

Biometric January 2020.

Married to a US citizen, several inquiries were made from 2020 till September 2021 with no results.

Good luck for everyone
                      Can i get the link or contact to the lawyer that help to file the lawsuit. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by asylumasylum View Post
                        Hello everyone:

Texas Service Center:

Biometric January 2020.

Good luck for everyone
                        Congrats on your green card! Did your attorney advise you with a minimum waiting time before filing lawsuit, like a year and half or 2 years? I've been waiting for a year and 3 months now and I was thinking about filing a lawsuit but I'm not sure if it is too early for filing a lawsuit.

Comment

• Hi everyone! I just received case update, which states:

”Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Initial Review

On January 10, 2022, we transferred your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS, Receipt Number SRCXXXXXXXXXX, to another office for processing and sent you a transfer notice. The notice explains why we transferred your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by February 9, 2022, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.”

Did anyone get the same update, what is next for me and what should I expect?

FYI: Applied for I-485 on May 31, 2019. Medical was not submitted!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bek0107 View Post
                            Hi everyone! I just received case update, which states:

”Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Initial Review

On January 10, 2022, we transferred your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS, Receipt Number SRCXXXXXXXXXX, to another office for processing and sent you a transfer notice. The notice explains why we transferred your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by February 9, 2022, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.”

Did anyone get the same update, what is next for me and what should I expect?

FYI: Applied for I-485 on May 31, 2019. Medical was not submitted!

hey,

Welcome to the club! USCIS is transferring the cases to either Nebraska or to your local field office. Few of us in the group have got the same notice.

Mine was transferred to Nebraska from Texas.

Unfortunately you still have to wait.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Akbrocks View Post

hey,

Welcome to the club! USCIS is transferring the cases to either Nebraska or to your local field office. Few of us in the group have got the same notice.

Mine was transferred to Nebraska from Texas.

Unfortunately you still have to wait.

Thanks
                              What is stated on your notice? Were you asked for RFE? I haven’t received actual notice yet just email.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bek0107 View Post

What is stated on your notice? Were you asked for RFE? I haven’t received actual notice yet just email.
                                It stated that my case has been transferred to NBC for faster processing that’s it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X