Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Akbrocks View Post

It stated that my case has been transferred to NBC for faster processing that’s it.
    After receiving an email how long did it take for letter to arrive?

Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bek0107 View Post

After receiving an email how long did it take for letter to arrive?

Thank you!
      The letter came after 1.5 weeks by post.

thanks

Comment

• Hello Everyone,
        I am so glad i found this group. I have been waiting for an update now about my green card and its almost a year without any update. Let me share my experience so far with the National Benefits Center (NBC).
        My timeline for I-485 based on Asylum Approval.
        October 2019: asylum approved
        December 2020: Applied I-485
        Janaury 2021: Application received and NBC working on the case.
        February 2021: Case updated to show fingerprints were taken.
        TODATE.... STILL WAITING FOR THE NEXT STEP.

Should I inquire about the care or I can be patient a little longer?

Comment

• Originally posted by Asyleef View Post

Congrats on your green card! Did your attorney advise you with a minimum waiting time before filing lawsuit, like a year and half or 2 years? I've been waiting for a year and 3 months now and I was thinking about filing a lawsuit but I'm not sure if it is too early for filing a lawsuit.
          Asyleef I have the same question. One attorney told me that the rule of thumb seems to be 2 years. I also read about those "2 years minimum" online. Other online sources mention 18 months. So apparently there is no settled time but the longer, the better. I have been waiting for almost 19 months and I am wondering if I should file the Writ of Mandamus now or wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by Akbrocks View Post

hey,

Welcome to the club! USCIS is transferring the cases to either Nebraska or to your local field office. Few of us in the group have got the same notice.

Mine was transferred to Nebraska from Texas.

Unfortunately you still have to wait.

Thanks
            I've got the same notice. Filed 10 May 2019 in TSC. They transferred to NSC.

Akbrocks, how long ago they transferred yours? I was thinking about suing but now may be if worth to wait a little more.
            Last edited by elena007; 01-14-2022, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by elena007 View Post

I've got the same notice. Filed 10 May 2029 in TSC. They transferred to NSC.

Akbrocks, how long ago they transferred yours? I was thinking about suing but now may be if worth to wait a little more.
              I got the notification last month that my case will be transferred and then followed by the letter within 2 weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by KEN0598 View Post
                Hello Everyone,
                I am so glad i found this group. I have been waiting for an update now about my green card and its almost a year without any update. Let me share my experience so far with the National Benefits Center (NBC).
                My timeline for I-485 based on Asylum Approval.
                October 2019: asylum approved
                December 2020: Applied I-485
                Janaury 2021: Application received and NBC working on the case.
                February 2021: Case updated to show fingerprints were taken.
                TODATE.... STILL WAITING FOR THE NEXT STEP.

Should I inquire about the care or I can be patient a little longer?
                My Fingerprints were taken Dec 2019, still waiting (Texas Center)

Comment

• Originally posted by araidos View Post
                  Hi Folks! I applied for a Refugee Travel Doc in October and then in November got a notice that my biometrics got reused! What do you think When should I expect my actually rtd ? I have a business trip to Europe in March. Mine starts with Lin suppose it’s Nebraska one! Thank you!
                  Just got Mine. Applied in May 2021

Comment

• Originally posted by josh26 View Post
                    Hello everybody! I applied 2 weeks ago for I-131 RTD in Texas Dallas because I'm planning a trip in Europe in February, but I received a confirmation Mail from Nebraska service center. It's weird, it's my very first time to receive a mail from USCIS Nebraska.
                    3/28/2018. Asylum approval
                    5/1/2019 I-485 Green card application ( 32 months now)
                    2/25/2020. Fingerprints
                    12/13/20
                    usually when I send an application to the USCIS I always get a confirmation mail from Texas USCIS , but this time for my i131 I got a confirmation from Nebraska. am I supposed to worry about it?
                    Plus, I would like to know how long they take to deliver a Travel document. My trip in Europe is in February, im wondering if they will give me my RTD on time
                    8 months. Received mine couple days ago. NSC

Comment

• To wait a year (or even longer) for a piece of paper that is valid for just 1 year!? *sad*
                      I miss the Obama administration.... 6-8 weeks and done! In the vast majority of cases
                      USCIS keeps on doling out gift after gift, like a Turkish Saint Nicholas
                      Last edited by DennisV; 01-15-2022, 11:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by waitingGC View Post

Asyleef I have the same question. One attorney told me that the rule of thumb seems to be 2 years. I also read about those "2 years minimum" online. Other online sources mention 18 months. So apparently there is no settled time but the longer, the better. I have been waiting for almost 19 months and I am wondering if I should file the Writ of Mandamus now or wait.
                        There is no hard requirements and it dependent on the judge if USCIS did argue the case in court.

However, generally many attorney consider 1 years as rule of thumb.

That said, now that you have waited 19 months, I would recommend you give it another couple of months and see if any movement happens to your case. That's not for any legal reasons but to try to save you some money.

If you don't mind the money and just want the case be adjudicated, especially you have a simple case (i.e. don't have any national security issue or criminal records), you can file now.

PS- generally you might want to submit a case inquiry to USCIS first and show they deny your expedite request.

Comment

• Just recived notification all 5 case transfer to other office filed July 5 2019 tsc

Comment

• In this group is there any one who’s case transfer from tsc and next steps complete?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bek0107 View Post
                              Hi everyone! I just received case update, which states:

”Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Initial Review

On January 10, 2022, we transferred your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS, Receipt Number SRCXXXXXXXXXX, to another office for processing and sent you a transfer notice. The notice explains why we transferred your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by February 9, 2022, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.”

Did anyone get the same update, what is next for me and what should I expect?

FYI: Applied for I-485 on May 31, 2019. Medical was not submitted!
                              Hi, I got the same email today, I applied for GC on May 27 2019 based on asylum. I received the notice that my case was transfered today 1/18/2022 but I haven't submitted my medical. I hope this turns out to be goodnews.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunny1122 View Post
                                In this group is there any one who’s case transfer from tsc and next steps complete?
                                A few members including myself in the group have got our cases transferred to NSC with the reason stating for faster processing.

My case was transferred to NSC last month and I am still waiting. May 2018.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X