X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020greencard
    replied
    Originally posted by maratathi View Post

The interview was just going through the I-485 application.

But even after the interview I was told to wait & never got approved.

I had to file Mandamus & only then I was approved. I have been waiting since April 2019 when I put in my I-485 application.
    Update:

I did the interview last week, it took about an hour. They grilled me on my illegal entry to the US. They wanted to see the passport that I entered with. I told them I didn't have it. I told them my unlawful entry was addressed at my asylum interview and that asylees are not required to provide documents. They agreed and gave me a i-602 waiver to sign. Then they asked me about 30 question from the yes/no section. They also asked some questions about my asylum, especially, the timeline.

Three days later, case updated to NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED.

Leave a comment:

• hawkeye000
    replied
    Originally posted by Ad_darji View Post
    Finally got my GC today
    May 2021 applied for i-485 application of permanent residence
    may 2022 got RFE requests for medical
    Oct 2023 card was delivered to me
    Congratulations

Leave a comment:

• Ad_darji
    replied
    Finally got my GC today
    May 2021 applied for i-485 application of permanent residence
    may 2022 got RFE requests for medical
    Oct 2023 card was delivered to me

Leave a comment:

• Birjees2003
    replied
    Originally posted by GC-Asylee View Post
    Hi,

Is it possible that a US citizen loses their status because of travelling to the country that they sought asylum from? (for example, CBP officer starts an investigation about that person's asylum application).

Thank you​
    Yes absolutely, the concept that people have is after getting greencard or citizenship their asylum chapter is over, there are instances when people have lost their citizenship and greencard after coming back from cop, it's little technical and depends on the immigration officer, if you can prove that your country conditions have changed then it should be fine otherwise the immigration officer may see the asylum as a fraud because after greencard or citizenship you are showing that you have no risk, there were cases where some one said he went to a different city where he was safe but still the case was considered ineligible for asylum because the officer said in asylum application you said your life is not safe in your country, however some have gone with no issues so there is a chance you will take unless and until you can clearly demonstrate your cop conditions have changed, it's not the green card or citizenship that matters it's the suspicion of fraud that does, besides practically it's also not safe to go to cop why risk it, my father went back on his greencard and he was in jail for 2 years, he also lost both his eyes due to high blood pressure from fear but the US embassy said we can't help him since he is not a USA citizens so our consulate policies are strictly for US citizens, definitely not worth risking persecution in cop.
    Last edited by Birjees2003; 10-02-2023, 04:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GC-Asylee
    replied
    Hi,

Is it possible that a US citizen loses their status because of travelling to the country that they sought asylum from? (for example, CBP officer starts an investigation about that person's asylum application).

Thank you​

Leave a comment:

• maratathi
    replied
    Originally posted by 2020greencard View Post
    Congratulations!
    How was the interview? What did they ask you? Please, share in detail your interview experience. I have an interview next week and I'm kind of nervous. Thanks.​
    The interview was just going through the I-485 application.

But even after the interview I was told to wait & never got approved.

I had to file Mandamus & only then I was approved. I have been waiting since April 2019 when I put in my I-485 application.

Leave a comment:

• 2020greencard
    replied
    Originally posted by maratathi View Post
    Filed Mandamus in August & got approved
    Congratulations!
    How was the interview? What did they ask you? Please, share in detail your interview experience. I have an interview next week and I'm kind of nervous. Thanks.​

Leave a comment:

• maratathi
    replied
    Filed Mandamus in August & got approved

Leave a comment:

• al3moudi
    replied
    Originally posted by harmony15 View Post
    Hi all-

I applied for a Travel document in November 2022 and its still not yet out. It used to take less than 6 months..Anyone facing the same issue. I checked the status again, it only shows "fingerprints taken". And I so hope it will be two years this time cause one year is clearly not enough, considering that we also have to apply for visas etc. Is there anyone who applied the the Tracel document last year receive theirs as yet?

Thank you!
    The processing time now for I131 is 17.5 month .
    i got my receipt for I-131 application on may 2022 and I’m still waiting unfortunately. I requested for expedite because I had a humanitarian situation and they denied the expedite 2 months ago

this the second travel document I applied for, which should be valid for 2 years. And the first time I applied for refugee travel document took about 7 months before I got my Green card on may 2021.

Leave a comment:

• hawkeye000
    replied
    Nobody knows but I think you need to speak with a good attorney

Leave a comment:

• Birjees2003
    replied
    Originally posted by hawkeye000 View Post

They are checking background, country conditions, the asylum file etc. to see if there are any changes that affect your continued eligibility for asylum
    Thanks, so if there are any changes that affect my continued eligibility for asylum can they send me back after keeping my application pending for 24 years?

Leave a comment:

• hawkeye000
    replied
    Originally posted by Birjees2003 View Post
    On i485 asylum based adjudication I just need a small clarification what is the difference between "case on post adjudication review" and "case is on post Asylum eligibility review" and are they both after interview, afrguy was told his case is on "post adjudication review" and I was told my case is on "post asylum eligibility review".
    They are checking background, country conditions, the asylum file etc. to see if there are any changes that affect your continued eligibility for asylum

Leave a comment:

• Birjees2003
    replied
    On i485 asylum based adjudication I just need a small clarification what is the difference between "case on post adjudication review" and "case is on post Asylum eligibility review" and are they both after interview, afrguy was told his case is on "post adjudication review" and I was told my case is on "post asylum eligibility review".
    Last edited by Birjees2003; 09-03-2023, 03:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GC-Asylee
    replied
    Hi,

My Refugee travel document took 15 months to be processed (nebraska center), and it is valid for one year.

Leave a comment:

• hawkeye000
    replied
    Originally posted by TSCpending View Post
    Has anyone been waiting since August 2020 like myself? 3 years and nothing. I guess the day will eventually come when my case is adjudicated, even if I have to “JUST WAIT” 3+ more years!
    September 2020, my application moved to to local field office two months ago.

Leave a comment:

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X