X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IamSam123
    replied
    Ead

You can go to the SSA and apply for SSC without restrictions. Once you receive it, when applying for job, you only need SSC and an ID. No EAD required. Here is a link for reference https://secure.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0110211205

Leave a comment:

• ray11
    replied
    Originally posted by 4yr_experience_not_lawyer View Post
    Just to be clear, if you are granted asylum in united states then you are eligible to work and live in the united states for indefinite time with no restrictions. If you are asylum granted, it is very important to take restrictions off your social security. There is bunch of benefits you can get with unrestricted social security. People who apply for EAD after they granted asylum is to just have an extra proof that you are authorized to work but it is not required for work.

And if you are asylum granted and you decided to apply for EAD to have extra proof that you are eligible for work, you will have to pay fees to get the EAD, you can't file EAD based on pending i-485 to take it for free if you are asylee

USCIS i-765 Instructions:

Asylee (Granted Asylum)--(a)(5). File Form I-765 with a copy of one of the following: your stamped Form I-94
    indicating asylee status; a USCIS Asylum approval letter; an order granting asylum signed by an Executive Office for
    Immigration Review (EOIR) immigration judge (IJ); or a Form I-797 Notice approving your derivative asylee status
    based on a Form I-730 (if approved while in the United States).

(Read the following carefully you will see what I am talking about)

NOTE: If you are an asylee and have applied under INA section 209 to adjust to lawful permanent resident status
    using Form I-485, file Form I-765 under category (a)(5) as an asylee. Do not file Form I-765 under eligibility category
    (c)(9) as an INA section 245 adjustment applicant.

Don't let anyone confuse you, go read and follow the instructions !!!
    Thank you so much for takjng time out to help us here. I read that instruction for I-765 and I appreciate for suggesting. I will keep you guess posted about the EAD. Hope everyone gets their application approved soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Sabinan View Post
    I could sign after each word . I looked up and my letter of ASYLUM approval says the same as you said above . No need EAD anD take off restriction from SSC.
    I do agree but I am not sure we can work without the EAD as my asylum approval letter says to apply for EAD from now on different category. Still I will give it a try to just keep it safe. Thank you so much guys!

Leave a comment:

• 4yr_experience_not_lawyer
    replied
    Read instructions i-765 !!!

Originally posted by Sabinan View Post
    I could sign after each word . I looked up and my letter of ASYLUM approval says the same as you said above . No need EAD anD take off restriction from SSC.

Just to be clear, if you are granted asylum in united states then you are eligible to work and live in the united states for indefinite time with no restrictions. If you are asylum granted, it is very important to take restrictions off your social security. There is bunch of benefits you can get with unrestricted social security. People who apply for EAD after they granted asylum is to just have an extra proof that you are authorized to work but it is not required for work.

And if you are asylum granted and you decided to apply for EAD to have extra proof that you are eligible for work, you will have to pay fees to get the EAD, you can't file EAD based on pending i-485 to take it for free if you are asylee

USCIS i-765 Instructions:

Asylee (Granted Asylum)--(a)(5). File Form I-765 with a copy of one of the following: your stamped Form I-94
    indicating asylee status; a USCIS Asylum approval letter; an order granting asylum signed by an Executive Office for
    Immigration Review (EOIR) immigration judge (IJ); or a Form I-797 Notice approving your derivative asylee status
    based on a Form I-730 (if approved while in the United States).

(Read the following carefully you will see what I am talking about)

NOTE: If you are an asylee and have applied under INA section 209 to adjust to lawful permanent resident status
    using Form I-485, file Form I-765 under category (a)(5) as an asylee. Do not file Form I-765 under eligibility category
    (c)(9) as an INA section 245 adjustment applicant.

Don't let anyone confuse you, go read and follow the instructions !!!
    Last edited by 4yr_experience_not_lawyer; 02-16-2019, 02:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sabinan
    replied
    Originally posted by Katiusha View Post
    From my experience: we removed all restrictions from SSN and DL next week after Asylum was Granted, I'm not sure why your layers told you not to do this, if even Asylum Approval letter telling you to do this. You don't need EAD anymore, your i-94 form (white card) + SSN with no restrictions is the only documents that your employer needs. I didn't renew my EAD because I'm working in the huge company and our HR department is aware about all different types of Work Authorization. But I know that some times small employers still asking to show them an EAD, so just to avoid any difficulties you can apply for EAD and attach your I-485 receipt to the application to get new EAD for free.

Leave a comment:

• Katiusha
    replied
    From my experience: we removed all restrictions from SSN and DL next week after Asylum was Granted, I'm not sure why your layers told you not to do this, if even Asylum Approval letter telling you to do this. You don't need EAD anymore, your i-94 form (white card) + SSN with no restrictions is the only documents that your employer needs. I didn't renew my EAD because I'm working in the huge company and our HR department is aware about all different types of Work Authorization. But I know that some times small employers still asking to show them an EAD, so just to avoid any difficulties you can apply for EAD and attach your I-485 receipt to the application to get new EAD for free.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X