• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bek0107 View Post

Got mine today
    GOT YOUR GREEN CARD or Bio appointment?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sahil728 View Post
      I got the same situation. Received a letter from USCIS asking me to do my fingerprints again but my case was still at"All fingerprints taken and the case is in process".
      I called my lawyer and she said it is a good sign.They needed updated FP to do background check again and then will be able to approve your case after the BG check.She said "i have seen this thing a lot of times in past getting letters for fingerprints again and after FP getting the GC in mail in 2-3 weeks".

So anyone who got the letter consider yourself lucky.
      And keep your hopes high
      I hope that true and if that happens we all will be the happiest people on the earth

Comment

• When I was walking through the USCIS websites, I see they recently updated the policies on Biometric services.

May be because of that why everyone is getting the biometrics request to take it.

Comment

• If my Green Card application is still pending and I have refugee travel document, can I travel with my RTD or do I still need Advance Parole?

Comment

• Originally posted by gtaid1 View Post
            If my Green Card application is still pending and I have refugee travel document, can I travel with my RTD or do I still need Advance Parole?
            Yes, you can travel with your RTD and there shouldn't be any issue to re-enter US.

All you need to make sure that the country which you are visiting accepts RTD.

Without Advance Parole, you can enter US with RTD.

For more information try to read the information in the front and back of the RTD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vanessa24 View Post
              Hi forummates,

I've been reading this thread for the past few months. Now that I've received my asylum based I-485 approval, I do want to post my timeline as a return of favor:

May 2019 I-485 application submitted to Nebraska Service Center
              Jun 2019 Biometrics taken
              Oct 2019 Case transferred to National Benefits Center
              Dec 2019 Interview scheduled
              Jan 2020 Interview conducted
              Feb 2020 I-485 approved/GC mailed

I believe I'm one of the few who were called in for an interview for asylum based I-485. It was pretty nerve wracking. But I'm glad it went fine.
              First of all congratulations.
              secondly can u share what type of questions did they ask you at the interview.
              TIA

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

Yes, you can travel with your RTD and there shouldn't be any issue to re-enter US.

All you need to make sure that the country which you are visiting accepts RTD.

Without Advance Parole, you can enter US with RTD.

For more information try to read the information in the front and back of the RTD.

Thank you, I read on many websites if you travel without Advance Parole while Green Card pending, your green card application is considered canceled. I couldn't find any information if this applies to GC through asylum too or is just for other GC application (like through marriage, etc)

Comment

• Originally posted by garbage View Post

GOT YOUR GREEN CARD or Bio appointment?
                  NOA for Bio appointment.

Comment

• Originally posted by PushPush View Post
                    Same situation. I applied for Green Card on January 2nd, 2019 with TSC since I live in Texas.
                    Couple weeks after that I received the notice saying that they gonna use my previous biometrics.
                    Today I’ve received the letter asking to show up for biometrics appointment on February 25th, 2020.

P.S. No updates on the case online.

Finally it’s started to move!
                    Replying to my own post.

I’ve stopped by today at ASC and did my fingerprints before the scheduled day. They were ok to fingerprint me even they could’ve denied it.

Comment

Replying to my own post.

I’ve stopped by today at ASC and did my fingerprints before the scheduled day. They were ok to fingerprint me even they could’ve denied it.
                      Please keep us posted with further actions by USCIS on your case. Good Luck!!!

Comment

If my Green Card application is still pending and I have refugee travel document, can I travel with my RTD or do I still need Advance Parole?
                        You have to travel with Refugee Travel document(RTD) not the Advance Parole

Comment

Thank you, I read on many websites if you travel without Advance Parole while Green Card pending, your green card application is considered canceled. I couldn't find any information if this applies to GC through asylum too or is just for other GC application (like through marriage, etc)
                          Yes, if you travel without Advance parole while your I-485 is pending then your application is considered as ABANDONED. For asylum based green card, you have to use Refugee Travel document as name speaks itself.

Comment

Replying to my own post.

Wow that's awesome. If you don't mind, which ASC location was yours?

All you need to see whether your GC will get approved in next couple of weeks as couple of our friends said.

I am sure your status would have updated to "CASE WAS UPDATED TO SHOW FINGERPRINTS WERE TAKEN" after you are done with bio metrics.

Good Luck and I'm keeping fingers cross for you.
                            Last edited by luckycharm4111; 02-19-2020, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• My husband applied I-485 on Dec, 2020 and his I-131 (Advance Parole) petition is still pending.

Now our RTDs are above to expire and planning to apply for it.

If we do it, he will have two I-131 petitions. one for Advance Parole and one for RTD.

Do you think they will deny one and approve the other one or they will approve both ?

I wanted to see if any of you guys faced any similar situation and I would appreciate if you guys can share.

Comment

• Got my fingerprints appointment for feb 27th. Applied for GC in May 2019.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X