No announcement yet.

Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally The day has come. After a long wait of 25 MONTHS, finally I happen to see the EMAIL for myself and my family" New Card is Being Produced". Stay focused and keep on trying to keep your case moving. Best of Luck Everyone.

The timeline is as follows:

November 08, 2018 Application Received at Texas Service Center
    November 15, 2018 We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485
    November 30, 2018 No need for Fingerprints, Previous Applied
    February 10, 2019 Biometric Appointment
    February 26, 2020 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, were taken.
    July 16, 2020 We received your request for expedite processing.
    July 24, 2020 We approved your request for expedite processing.
    November 2020, I contacted our Senator Office and Ombudsman Office (Ombudsman Office just refused to take up)
    November 15, 2020 Got a call from Senator office that they are going to take up with USCIS and will follow up
    November 17, 2020 Got call again from Senator Office that USCIS is sending me RFE because Medical was Expired
    November 17, 2020 We sent a request for initial evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
    December 2, 2020 We received your response for Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
    December 9, 2020 New Card Is Being Produced

Comment

• congrats brother. i want to ask that can i request expedite prossessing on my i 485.i am alone not maried ?

Comment

• Originally posted by shuji_pk View Post
        Finally The day has come. After a long wait of 25 MONTHS, finally I happen to see the EMAIL for myself and my family" New Card is Being Produced". Stay focused and keep on trying to keep your case moving. Best of Luck Everyone.

February 26, 2020 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, were taken.
        November 2020, I contacted our Senator Office and Ombudsman Office (Ombudsman Office just refused to take up)
        November 15, 2020 Got a call from Senator office that they are going to take up with USCIS and will follow up
        November 17, 2020 Got call again from Senator Office that USCIS is sending me RFE because Medical was Expired
        November 17, 2020 We sent a request for initial evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
        December 2, 2020 We received your response for Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
        Wow congratulations to you and your family!!!

Thanks for sharing!!!

can I ask , what was your reason for expediting case and what evidence you had to provide ?

Comment

• Originally posted by lordofmovers View Post
          congrats brother. i want to ask that can i request expedite prossessing on my i 485.i am alone not maried ?
          Thanks. It doesn't matter if you are Single or Married. It depends mostly on the credible Expedite Reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by shuji_pk

Thanks. I just sent you a private message.
            Congratulations!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by shuji_pk

Thanks. I just sent you a private message.
              Yes. Please share the info.

Comment

Finally The day has come. After a long wait of 25 MONTHS, finally I happen to see the EMAIL for myself and my family" New Card is Being Produced". Stay focused and keep on trying to keep your case moving. Best of Luck Everyone.

wow congrats!!! Great job!
                can I know what was your expedite reason too?

Comment

• Originally posted by locker View Post

Congratulations!!!
                  Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Trinity01 View Post

wow congrats!!! Great job!
                    can I know what was your expedite reason too?
                    Thanks

Comment

Congratulations and thanks for sharing! I have a similar timeline with the application received in October of 2018 and I'm still waiting. Could you please let me know what was your reason to expedite the case? I contacted everyone I could and received a response not from the senator or local congressman, but directly from USCIS (probably, because I contacted an I/O Tier II myself at the same time) saying that my case is in line for processing and adjudication. They also claim that cases are processed in the order in which they were received which is not the case based on the posts here.

Comment

• Hello do anyone knows or had their asylum approved by themselves and they’re family outside the us? I have a friend that’s going to apply and all his family it’s in Venezuela. We don’t know anybody that has been approved alone and has brought the family from outside

Comment

• Hello Everyone! Just some housekeeping

1. Protect yourself and your family during the Coronavirus Pandemic, Wear a mask both indoor and outdoors to protect your respiratory health. Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, in the absence of soap and water use hand sanitizer with at least 63% alcohol content. If you live in a shared apartment, wear a mask in the common areas of your home to protect yourself. The Coronavirus Vaccine has been approved on an emergency basis by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and should be rolled out to be public very soon.

2. U.S. Refugee Travel Documents, FORM I-571 cannot be renewed. You will be required to apply for a new U.S. Refugee Travel Document, Form I-571 on FORM I-131 once your old one has expired. You will be required to submit the old U.S. Refugee Travel Document, Form I-571 with the new application to avoid a RFE.

3. Asylees awaiting their LPR, Legal Permanent Residency, Your LPR Card (Green Card) will be backdated only one year and NOT the date of your asylum grant as a result of the long wait times as a result of the Trump Administration and the Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic.

4. Asylees are legal work work in the United States based solely on their ASYLEE STATUS. You DO NOT require an EAD, Employment Authorization Document to work. To work, you will only need a State ID or Driver's License and your Unrestricted Social Security Number. If your employer refuses to accept such documents, it is called DOCUMENT ABUSE. Document abuse occurs when an employer does not permit a worker to use any combination of documents that are legally acceptable but, instead, specifies which documents he/she use, or requires more documents than are legally required by Form I-9. Therefore, if an employer refuses to accept legally acceptable documents that appear genuine on their face from a work authorized immigrant worker, the employer has committed document abuse. Worker's Hotline at 1-800-237-2515.

5. If your green card is PENDING more than a year You should contact your U.S. Representative or your U.S. Senator through their website and fill out the form indicating HELP WITH A FEDERAL AGENCY and request their intervention in your immigration matter. You can also contact the Office of the U.S. Ombudsman for assistance also. Please note, although your Green Card is pending as an ASYLEE, you are legal resident of the United States, and you can travel unrestricted with the exception of the coronavirus restrictions.

6. DO NOT TRAVEL WITH THE PASSPORT ISSUED BY THE COUNTRY FROM WHICH YOU WON ASYLUM. Doing so can lead the United States to conclude that an asylee has sought and received protection from their home country and leads to revocation of a person's asylum status. Please note, when you travel with the Passport of your Nationality, You are travelling under the protections of that nation and not the protection of the United States. When travelling with a U.S. Refugee Travel Document, Form I-571, you are travelling under the protections of the United States. You should continue to use a U.S. Refugee Travel Document, Form I-571 until you are granted U.S. Citizenship and then you will have the privilege's of travelling with a U.S. Passport. *** I do understand that many Asylees and Legal Permanent Residents don't like to travel with a U.S. Refugee Travel Document, Form I-571 but it is the safest option under US Immigration Laws, there are cons like it is only valid for 1 year and you will have to keep re-applying until you become a US citizen.

7. I am Legal Permanent Resident and obtained such status through asylum that uses a U.S. REFUGEE TRAVEL DOCUMENT, FORM I-571 to travel internationally. I have travelled to several destinations including Canada, Dominican Republic, Kingdom of Netherlands in Europe and several others.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
                          The information contained in this blog is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. All this information is from my own personal experience and research as an LEGAL PERMANENT RESIDENT who obtained such status through asylum.
                          Last edited by Asylee Expert; 12-12-2020, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• 3. Asylees awaiting their LPR, Legal Permanent Residency, Your LPR Card (Green Card) will be backdated only one year and NOT the date of your asylum grant as a result of the long wait times as a result of the Trump Administration and the Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic.

if they approve my green card 2 years later. i can apply to be citizenship 5 -1 +2 = 6 years . but ist not our fault why whe have to wait too long

Comment

• Originally posted by lordofmovers View Post
                              3. Asylees awaiting their LPR, Legal Permanent Residency, Your LPR Card (Green Card) will be backdated only one year and NOT the date of your asylum grant as a result of the long wait times as a result of the Trump Administration and the Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic.

if they approve my green card 2 years later. i can apply to be citizenship 5 -1 +2 = 6 years . but ist not our fault why whe have to wait too long
                              pls add one more year. Coz even after 6 years u apply for citizenship it is not gonna come right away. They are taking good one year for applications for naturalization ????????sadly.

Comment

• Originally posted by xsarag View Post
                                Hello do anyone knows or had their asylum approved by themselves and they’re family outside the us? I have a friend that’s going to apply and all his family it’s in Venezuela. We don’t know anybody that has been approved alone and has brought the family from outside
                                No entendi bien tu pregunta. No conocen a nadie que sea de Venezuela que haya tenido su asilo aprobado (y haya sido el unico aplicante?)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X