Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations guys.

Why Texas service center is slow in processing cases as compared to Nebraska. Wish my case is handled by Nebraska office as well

Comment

• Hi

this is my timeline

Nov 2019 I-485 application submitted to Nebraska Service Center
      Dic 2019 Biometrics taken

Comment

• Originally posted by Vanessa24 View Post
        Hi forummates,

I've been reading this thread for the past few months. Now that I've received my asylum based I-485 approval, I do want to post my timeline as a return of favor:

May 2019 I-485 application submitted to Nebraska Service Center
        Jun 2019 Biometrics taken
        Oct 2019 Case transferred to National Benefits Center
        Dec 2019 Interview scheduled
        Jan 2020 Interview conducted
        Feb 2020 I-485 approved/GC mailed

I believe I'm one of the few who were called in for an interview for asylum based I-485. It was pretty nerve wracking. But I'm glad it went fine.
        Congrats!!!!
        I would appreciate if you reply us for the below
        1. Are you principal or derivative Asylee ?
        2. What was the reason to call for interview?
        3. How was your interview experience?
        Last edited by luckycharm4111; 02-04-2020, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by antihistamine View Post
          Congratulations guys.

Why Texas service center is slow in processing cases as compared to Nebraska. Wish my case is handled by Nebraska office as well
          I know right.

I hope I am wrong but the fact is

We don't know how many years (forget about months) do we have to wait to get GC from TSC.
          Last edited by luckycharm4111; 02-04-2020, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeor11 View Post
            Hi

this is my timeline

Nov 2019 I-485 application submitted to Nebraska Service Center (NSC)
            I guess, you will have your GC by June 2020 utmost by looking at the timeline who applied at NSC.

Good Luck!

Comment

• Hi guys. I sent my I-485 with petition for RTD in May 2019 to Texas crevice center. In July my petition for RTD was transferrd to Nebraska and I received it in October. BUT GC still at the stage where “Fingerprints were taken” message appears. Ugh
              Idk

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeor11 View Post
                Hi

this is my timeline

Nov 2019 I-485 application submitted to Nebraska Service Center
                My spouse timelines are

Dec 2019: I-485 application submitted to Texas Service Center
                Dec 2019: Bio metrics taken and applied on the case

Comment

• Have anyone received an update from TSC? it seems like they are not even working on cases. I have been in the same status since May 25th 2019. and I haven't seen anyone in this forum that is beyond fingerprints.

Comment

• Originally posted by RAMSTER0910 View Post
                    Have anyone received an update from TSC? it seems like they are not even working on cases. I have been in the same status since May 25th 2019. and I haven't seen anyone in this forum that is beyond fingerprints.
                    My Case has been pending from November 2018, and still says "Fingerprint Fee was received". This whole political agenda of Republicans have our cases backlogged for years, as they are trying to win the next elections by suppressing the democratic votes. I wish they could backdate the time for citizenship by extra months/years we had to wait for green card along with the default 1 year backdate. For now, it's just the waiting game for us. Good luck all

Comment

• Well. USCIS just updated the processing times showing that i485 could take 6.5 to 29 months and they went backwards to Sep 20 2017....... I don't know what to think. I guess TSC will take even longer

Comment

• I am waiting since May 2018.. my case was transfer at July 2018 from Nebraska to Texas Center.. no news since then.

Comment

• Originally posted by cheremuha View Post
                          I am waiting since May 2018.. my case was transfer at July 2018 from Nebraska to Texas Center.. no news since then.

I am exactly in the same situation and I was wondering why they had to transfer our cases... Does anybody know what might be the reason?

Thanks in advance!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by RAMSTER0910 View Post
                            Well. USCIS just updated the processing times showing that i485 could take 6.5 to 29 months and they went backwards to Sep 20 2017....... I don't know what to think. I guess TSC will take even longer
                            At 10:00 am it was showing December 7th, 2017 ;(

Comment

• @Nick213 and @luckycharm4111
                              To answer you and others who have asked,
                              1. I'm the principal. So I think it's pretty rare to be called for an interview.
                              2. The officer never told me what was the reason, and I didn't dare to ask
                              3. Well the officer didn't ask any question specific to the underlying asylum, but it did come up in some other question the officer asked. To me, the overall experience was not as lighthearted as for those who were having marriage-based GC interviews. I saw officers smiling at and greeting those people, while my officer had a solemn look which did make me a bit nervous. The officer first asked me to take an oath (which I think is for everyone). Then we went over my addresses and my employment history, and a slew of yes or no questions. However there was this particular question that the officer asked me to explain in details which is my past association with the communist party. I’m from a communist country and joined the party’s youth league while in school. Fortunately, I formally renounced my association many years ago after becoming aware of the atrocious nature of the party. The officer asked about when I joined, why I joined, how I renounced the association and how I learned about the renouncement movement etc. And this is also where it touched upon the underlying asylum. The officer typed down every word I said and had me sign it. I’m not sure if this was the whole reason for the interview or if I was just randomly picked as I said I didn’t ask... But I’m glad I was able to clean that off, so that there will be no future risks of having my GC revoked due to concealment or something. In the end, the officer gave me a piece of paper saying my case will be under review and it may take 120 days for a decision. Luckily it was approved after a week.

Thank you everyone! Hope this can provide some insight for those in need.

Comment

• Congratulations!!

what country are you from?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X