Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Links: Evidence of bona fide marriage for I-130/I-485 filing & interview tips

These threads contain everything you need to file all the required evidence of bona fide marriage with your AOS package - as required by the I-130 instructions page 3/12.(See screenshot below). You will find very useful tips on how to stage your evidence for your initial filing and for your interview.

1. This thread was started by Mr.Diaz., who got approved 5 minutes after leaving the interview. DACA recipient. Marriage based AOS. Raleigh, NC field office.
    General tips from test driving the route to the field office to a primer on Table of contents.

2. Thread by Helpmylife - Notice of Intent to Deny.
    Case is pending as of 05/13/18.
    Includes objective discussion on USCIS expectations.
    Your job vs. the ISO's job.

3. Thread by Scifan
    USCitizenFilingForSpouse's Table of Contents
    The master Table of Contents from another site. *Must see.
    Good discussions.

Thread by chicago1978. Case is pending as of 05/13/18. I expect a positive outcome here. This is a true marriage. Hands down. *Short engagement.

5. Thread by jzgr24. Approval on the spot. Marriage based AOS. B1/B2 visa. Interview scheduled promptly. Cleveland, OH., field office. Jzgr24 has impressive organization skills. Realized they had more evidence than they thought and put it all together in a matter of days. Insane.

6. Thread by Herewecome & spouse. Approved on the spot. Amazing job with their Table of contents. They nailed this interview with an industrial grade nail gun. That's the best I can put it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by UScitizenFilingforspouse; 05-13-2018, 05:16 PM.

I absolutely bookmarking this thread UScitizenFilingforspouse! THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing your knowledge here on this forum. You have helped many of us and ease our anxiety. Wish you all the best to receive your interview letter asap!
    City applied from: Los Angeles, CA
    3/08/18 - PD (Chicago lockbox)
    3/28/18 - USCIS cashed checks
    3/29/18 - 4 texts and 4 emails
    4/02/18 - 4 NOA letters
    4/06/18 - Biometrics Notice
    4/16/18 - Biometrics Completed
    4/16/18 - I-693 courtesy letter
    4/23/18 - 'interview ready to be scheduled'
    5/12/18 - revcd I-797C informing interview date
    6/15/18 - Interview (approved on the spot)
    6/16/18 - Case tracker notified us 'New Card is being Produced'
    6/22/18 - revcd Green Card

Comment

Originally posted by sinoptola View Post
      I absolutely bookmarking this thread UScitizenFilingforspouse! THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing your knowledge here on this forum. You have helped many of us and ease our anxiety. Wish you all the best to receive your interview letter asap!
      You are very welcome! I am glad to be of assistance. Help whoever crosses your path in the future and pay it forward. You may just change the world.
      Anxiety can't find a way in, if you leave nothing to chance. Prepare, prepare and you will be just fine. Thank you for the kind wishes but we are just gonna have to chase our interview letter because it will take 14.5 months to 23.5 months if we stay with the Minneapolis Field Office.

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
        You are very welcome! I am glad to be of assistance. Help whoever crosses your path in the future and pay it forward. You may just change the world.
        Anxiety can't find a way in, if you leave nothing to chance. Prepare, prepare and you will be just fine. Thank you for the kind wishes but we are just gonna have to chase our interview letter because it will take 14.5 months to 23.5 months if we stay with the Minneapolis Field Office.
        Thank you very much. You have been of great help since I started reading your posts.

Comment

Thank you very much. You have been of great help since I started reading your posts.

Comment

Originally posted by MissTz1982 View Post
            You are very welcome! Ace your interview. Pay it forward and help anyone in need.

Comment

In the interview letter under items, they listed to bring to the interview it says " Original and copy of each supporting document that you submitted with your application. Otherwise, we may keep your originals for our records."
              I thought they already had the copies I sent with my application. Do I really have to waste ink and print copies all over again or just take the originals to the copies I had initially sent?
              Filed I-130, I130A, I-485, I-765
              Priority Date: 01/22/2018
              Date Received NOA Letters: 02/02/2018
              Courtesy Letter for i693: 02/20/2018
              Biometrics Done: 02/21/2018
              Interview(rec' approval letter): 05/31/2018
              EAD card in production: 06/02/2018
              EAD card in hand: 06/07/2018
              SSN card in hand: 06/09/2018
              GC approval/production notifications: 07/08/2018
              Card mailed notification: 07/09/2018
              I130 & I485 approval letters received: 07/09/2018
              GC in hand: 07/11/2018

Comment

Originally posted by kaylip View Post
                In the interview letter under items, they listed to bring to the interview it says " Original and copy of each supporting document that you submitted with your application. Otherwise, we may keep your originals for our records."
                I thought they already had the copies I sent with my application. Do I really have to waste ink and print copies all over again or just take the originals to the copies I had initially sent?
                Just do what they asked you to do. Better to be safe than sorry. Some of these immigration officers can mess up or delay your case over minor issue. I would take originals and copies.
                I?m planning on having two binders. One for originals and one for copies to take with me when I get the interview.

Comment

that is exactly what we did, one folder with all the copies of the initial evidence plus additional supporting evidence, and another one for the originals for them to cross check. In our case they only looked at my passport and my husbands drivers license, they didnt ask for any other originals.

Originally posted by MissTz1982 View Post
                  Just do what they asked you to do. Better to be safe than sorry. Some of these immigration officers can mess up or delay your case over minor issue. I would take originals and copies.
                  I?m planning on having two binders. One for originals and one for copies to take with me when I get the interview.

Comment

Originally posted by jzgr24 View Post
                    that is exactly what we did, one folder with all the copies of the initial evidence plus additional supporting evidence, and another one for the originals for them to cross check. In our case they only looked at my passport and my husbands drivers license, they didnt ask for any other originals.
                    Not even marriage certificate? Did the officer have your initial file that u submitted?

Comment

yes she had all the file with her at the moment of the interview, and no, the only originals checked were the passport and drivers license. You still need to take them with you, and be prepared tho.

Not even marriage certificate? Did the officer have your initial file that u submitted?

Comment

Originally posted by jzgr24 View Post
                        yes she had all the file with her at the moment of the interview, and no, the only originals checked were the passport and drivers license. You still need to take them with you, and be prepared tho.
                        Gotcha

Comment

I think that just means that if you made a copy of your electric bill and submitted it with your AOS package, they're expecting you to bring the original of it. Remember that those interview notices were composed pre-internet era; or at least a long time ago. When I did my AOS zilliions ago, not everyone had a computer at home, and you would just wait for your electric bill to arrive in the mail. So that was your original and you would send a copy with your AOS package.
                          Since we have choice to opt out of paper mailings, it sounds odd to hear "bring originals of the copies". That's my two cents.

Friendly reminder: if you print something off the internet, it's good practice to include headers and footers in print settings, that will allow the URL and date printed to display. Otherwise, you will have a printed copy of the bill that looks like the original of the bill that is mailed out to your mailing address. If they have samples or what originals look like, you don't want anyone thinking you created your own lightbill in photoshop and assume that's why it looks different. It's unlikely, but you always want to submit best evidence.

The advice I provide often times goes beyond what applies to the person I am giving the advice to. I think you have a solid case. Textbook. In and out. Granted. Going the extra mile is for those who may lack a joint checking account or may not have much more than an electric and gas bill. Then, they want to make sure that those two items are 100% legitimate and deemed as such.

Best.
                          Last edited by UScitizenFilingforspouse; 05-17-2018, 04:33 PM.

Comment

We did not bring the copies of my husbands 2016 income tax and W2s and so with 2014, 2015 and 2016 1040. When she asked us if we have other documents to submit, we handed them down the most recent documents we can submit.

Also, it depends with the IO too. I asked her if she needs to see our original marriage cert and birth cert., she said, "no need, i have the copies already".

Just in case, just bring everything - who knows. At least you are ready if they want it. Good luck on your interview! You can do it!

Comment

You Rock!

These threads contain everything you need to file all the required evidence of bona fide marriage with your AOS package - as required by the I-130 instructions page 3/12.(See screenshot below). You will find very useful tips on how to stage your evidence for your initial filing and for your interview.

1. This thread was started by Mr.Diaz., who got approved 5 minutes after leaving the interview. DACA recipient. Marriage based AOS. Raleigh, NC field office.
                              General tips from test driving the route to the field office to a primer on Table of contents.

2. Thread by Helpmylife - Notice of Intent to Deny.
                              Case is pending as of 05/13/18.
                              Includes objective discussion on USCIS expectations.
                              Your job vs. the ISO's job.

3. Thread by Scifan
                              USCitizenFilingForSpouse's Table of Contents
                              The master Table of Contents from another site. *Must see.
                              Good discussions.

Thread by chicago1978. Case is pending as of 05/13/18. I expect a positive outcome here. This is a true marriage. Hands down. *Short engagement.

5. Thread by jzgr24. Approval on the spot. Marriage based AOS. B1/B2 visa. Interview scheduled promptly. Cleveland, OH., field office. Jzgr24 has impressive organization skills. Realized they had more evidence than they thought and put it all together in a matter of days. Insane.

6. Thread by Herewecome & spouse. Approved on the spot. Amazing job with their Table of contents. They nailed this interview with an industrial grade nail gun. That's the best I can put it.
                              https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...ght=herewecome

Someone give this member a cookie for putting together a comprehensive list of links to where you should go on this site to find answers to the common questions everyone on here has. Good Job!
                              This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X