July 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nayward View Post
    Okay, just got the notification on I-485 that it’s “ready to be scheduled for the interview”. It was almost 108 days.

good luck to us all!
    can you please update your signature with your timeline.
    City: Denver, CO
    Marriage Based AOS (130,485,765)
    SC: NBC
    8/5 PD
    9/3 Bio done
    12/5 SMS for 485 RFIE
    12/10 Response sent
    12/17 USCIS began working on your case
    1/16/20 Expedite I-765
    1/20 Filed I-131
    1/31 Expedite approved I-765
    2/10 Ready for schedule
    2/14 EAD card in hand
    2/19 Interview scheduled for 3/19
    5/12 AP card received
    3/18 Interview cancelled due to Covid
    8/28 Interview scheduled for 10/2
    10/2 interview done, approved on the spot

Comment

• Just got the notification on I-485 ---“Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview”.

Good luck to us all!
      Marriage based AOS, NBC
      07/16/19: Concurrent filing - Chicago, IL
      07/19/19: Package delivered
      07/28/19: Rcvd 4 Text Messages
      08/09/19: Biometrics Notification & Biometrics done (walk-in)
      11/15/19: Ready to Be Scheduled for Interview
      ​​​​​​11/18/19: Got the courtesy letter for I-693
      12/09/19: USCIS Interview Notice
      12/18/19: EAD/AP approved
      12/23/19: Comb Card Received
      ​​​​​​1/9/20: Interview, "New Card Is Being Produced."
      1/10/20: I-130 & I-485 "Case Was Approved"
      1/17/20: Green Card in hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarcWindsor View Post
        Just got the notification on I-485 ---“Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview”.

Good luck to us all!
        nice ! good Luck ! they're working on the weekends too looks like !

Comment

• Application received July 15
          biometrics August 6

finally ready to schedule interview !! 11/16

Comment

• Originally posted by notpatientanymore View Post
            Application received July 15
            biometrics August 6

finally ready to schedule interview !! 11/16
            Cool. Good to see more cases are ready for interview now.

Comment

• Originally posted by sf2019july View Post

Cool. Good to see more cases are ready for interview now.
              But how long will it take to actually schedule interview. ? it is so variable here that one can hardly make an educated guess.

Comment

But how long will it take to actually schedule interview. ? it is so variable here that one can hardly make an educated guess.
                Which is your field office? Depends on the field office queue.notpatientanymore MarcWindsor nayward

Comment

• Hartford CT

Comment

Which is your field office? Depends on the field office queue.notpatientanymore MarcWindsor nayward
                    Philadelphia, PA
                    Marriage based AOS, NBC
                    07/16/19: Concurrent filing - Chicago, IL
                    07/19/19: Package delivered
                    07/28/19: Rcvd 4 Text Messages
                    08/09/19: Biometrics Notification & Biometrics done (walk-in)
                    11/15/19: Ready to Be Scheduled for Interview
                    ​​​​​​11/18/19: Got the courtesy letter for I-693
                    12/09/19: USCIS Interview Notice
                    12/18/19: EAD/AP approved
                    12/23/19: Comb Card Received
                    ​​​​​​1/9/20: Interview, "New Card Is Being Produced."
                    1/10/20: I-130 & I-485 "Case Was Approved"
                    1/17/20: Green Card in hand.

Comment

• Ires, Goebh and sf2019july here's the long overdue post, also take a look at page 21 where American Dreamer posted couple of pages of do and dont's with some questions.

I had my interview on November 13 and were approved on the spot. I will try to give as much details about the interview.

Just a little background, I am from India, came in H1B visa and entered US on November 2013. My wife is a US citizen of Indian decent born is US. We met through online dating (EHarmony) and dated for over a year. She was from Sharon MA and I was living is Piscataway NJ. We got married October 2018.

So, to avoid hassle I used an Attorney, the documentation is not complicated but mistakes would have made things worse. We submitted papers on June 28 but USCIS received them on July 3rd. rest of the details are in the timeline. We submitted 693 with application and did not front load the evidences.

Therefore, for the interview we had a lot of stuff to show, attorney was confident but I was still nervous. Here is a list of what we took.

Exhibit 1: Joint Residence details
                      A. Lease Agreement of Bridgewater NJ apartment (2018 May - 2019 April)
                      b. Lease Agreement of Schaumburg IL Apartment (2019 May - Ongoing)
                      c. IP and Timestamp of IL lease sign agreement from Our NJ apartment we both used the same laptop

Exhibit 2: Joint bank account
                      a. Last six-month Bank statements.
                      b. YTD running account summary for 2019.

Exhibit 3: Joint Tax Return
                      a. Tax Transcript for 2018 filed as married filing together

Exhibit 4: Joint Health Insurance from Cigna
                      a. Insurance cards
                      b. Certificate of Insurance.

Exhibit 5: Joint Utilities
                      a. PG&E bills (3 months) from NJ apartment.
                      b. FiOS Bill for 1 month in NJ apartment
                      c. ComED bills for last 3 months for IL Apartment
                      d. AUM Bills for water 3 months for IL apartment
                      e. Att DirecTV bills for IL apartment last month

Exhibit 6: Joint Purchases.
                      a. Title papers of 2014 Dodge Charger car
                      b. Ashley Furniture Receipts.
                      c. Samsung TV from Costco
                      d. Google Pixel 3 XL for wife’s birthday last year with me invoiced and delivered to her
                      e. Wedding and Engagement ring receipts.

Exhibit 7: Joint pet ownership
                      a. Details from PetSmart about our pets.
                      B. Prime recurring delivery screenshot of pet foods at our IL address

Exhibit 8: joint Credit card
                      a. YTD running total of City Credit cards from Costco both 2018 and 2019 with names and purchases.

Exhibit 9: Joint Correspondence
                      a. USPS address change proof when we moved from NJ to IL for both
                      b. IL Organ donor letter
                      c. Marriage invitation letters and save the dates letters from Family and Friends.
                      d. Capital one Card offers (please use something better than this one lol)

Exhibit 10: Joint renters insurance.
                      a. Renters insurance for NJ apartment 2018 mentioning both of us as insured
                      b. Renters insurance for IL apartment 2019 mentioning both of us as insured

Exhibit 11: Joint Travel details
                      a. Expedia Travel statements for Chicago O’Hare to Boston Logan and back 2019.
                      b. Expedia Travel Statements for Newark Liberty intl. to McCarran Intl and back 2018

Exhibit 12: Beneficiary Designation
                      a. My 401K beneficiary Details (she is the beneficiary)
                      b. My Life insurance Details (She is the Beneficiary)

Exhibit 13: Joint Auto Insurance
                      a. Geico insurance proof for 2018 and 2019 for both of us
                      b. Geico Latest insurance card.

Exhibit 14: Pictures - We added 40 pictures from our entire timeline since we started dating to celebrating out first marriage anniversary. All trips and special occasion like the one where I proposed and our marriage ceremony were arranged chronologically and with mentioning of the location date and people in it in the back.

Overall, we have 178 pages worth of documentation. With the amount of stuff we had yeah it was kind of overkill.

So for the interview we were called at 2:10 pm and we were there around 1:30, good thing about Chicago is there is a huge lobby in the second floor where you can sit. We were waiting for attorney and she showed up right at 2 pm. we checked in and then had to wait.

We were finally called at 3:05 pm; we were the third last couple waiting. A young male IO called us; he was looking pretty nice and friendly. He took our IDs (DLs), verified the identity, asked us to take the oath, and then asked to sit together. He took our passports but did not ask for Birth Certificates.

Then he first asked me my name, wife’s name, marriage date. Then asked the wife the same. He then started asking wife the questions about my birthday and profession, where I work and how much I make, she knew everything (yeah women know people even if you do not tell them). He also asked her about my family a little. Technically, I was supposed to get those questions. Next he asked me how we met (gave a quick history of our love story), he also asked me why you needed a sponsor when you people make over six figures, he saw that from our last tax transcript.

In addition, that is the end of questions, next he went through the mandatory i 485 questions (yes/no). He then asked for any additional documents you want to share since we did not front load. The attorney dropped the evidence bomb on the table with a big thump. He opened the index page and went through the index for around a min, did not even turned the other pages.

he then looked at me and asked if I ever used any public benefit or do I intent to use any, I said no. then he said there’s nothing wrong with this application and he is going to approve it, then he explained the 751 ROC details that I need to go through since our marriage is only a year old.

And that is that. The online status changed to new card being produced the same day, on Friday 15th both 130 and 485 was approved. 765 is still fingerprint review complete and 131 case received. Today I see the approval notices in the mail.

Hope this is going to be useful to everyone. feel free to message me if you need additional information. Good luck to everyone.
                      Last edited by Stormlead86; 11-18-2019, 02:56 PM.
                      Marriage based AOS (IR1)
                      Field Office : Chicago
                      Service Center : NBC
                      07/03/19 : RD
                      07/13/19 : BIO Notice
                      07/24/19 : BIO Complete
                      07/26/19 : BIO Review Done
                      09/05/19 : Ready to be scheduled for Interview
                      10/04/19 : Interview scheduled
                      11/13/19 : Interview - Approved
                      11/21/19 : GC in Hand
                      08/15/21 : ROC Window opens

Comment

San Jose CA

Comment

• Originally posted by Stormlead86 View Post
                          Ires, Goebh and sf2019july here's the long overdue post, also take a look at page 21 where American Dreamer posted couple of pages of do and dont's with some questions.

I had my interview on November 13 and were approved on the spot. I will try to give as much details about the interview.

Just a little background, I am from India, came in H1B visa and entered US on November 2013. My wife is a US citizen of Indian decent born is US. We met through online dating (EHarmony) and dated for over a year. She was from Sharon MA and I was living is Piscataway NJ. We got married October 2018.

So, to avoid hassle I used an Attorney, the documentation is not complicated but mistakes would have made things worse. We submitted papers on June 28 but USCIS received them on July 3rd. rest of the details are in the timeline. We submitted 693 with application and did not front load the evidences.

Therefore, for the interview we had a lot of stuff to show, attorney was confident but I was still nervous. Here is a list of what we took.

Exhibit 1: Joint Residence details
                          A. Lease Agreement of Bridgewater NJ apartment (2018 May - 2019 April)
                          b. Lease Agreement of Schaumburg IL Apartment (2019 May - Ongoing)
                          c. IP and Timestamp of IL lease sign agreement from Our NJ apartment we both used the same laptop

Exhibit 2: Joint bank account
                          a. Last six-month Bank statements.
                          b. YTD running account summary for 2019.

Exhibit 3: Joint Tax Return
                          a. Tax Transcript for 2018 filed as married filing together

Exhibit 4: Joint Health Insurance from Cigna
                          a. Insurance cards
                          b. Certificate of Insurance.

Exhibit 5: Joint Utilities
                          a. PG&E bills (3 months) from NJ apartment.
                          b. FiOS Bill for 1 month in NJ apartment
                          c. ComED bills for last 3 months for IL Apartment
                          d. AUM Bills for water 3 months for IL apartment
                          e. Att DirecTV bills for IL apartment last month

Exhibit 6: Joint Purchases.
                          a. Title papers of 2014 Dodge Charger car
                          b. Ashley Furniture Receipts.
                          c. Samsung TV from Costco
                          d. Google Pixel 3 XL for wife’s birthday last year with me invoiced and delivered to her
                          e. Wedding and Engagement ring receipts.

Exhibit 7: Joint pet ownership
                          a. Details from PetSmart about our pets.
                          B. Prime recurring delivery screenshot of pet foods at our IL address

Exhibit 8: joint Credit card
                          a. YTD running total of City Credit cards from Costco both 2018 and 2019 with names and purchases.

Exhibit 9: Joint Correspondence
                          a. USPS address change proof when we moved from NJ to IL for both
                          b. IL Organ donor letter
                          c. Marriage invitation letters and save the dates letters from Family and Friends.
                          d. Capital one Card offers (please use something better than this one lol)

Exhibit 10: Joint renters insurance.
                          a. Renters insurance for NJ apartment 2018 mentioning both of us as insured
                          b. Renters insurance for IL apartment 2019 mentioning both of us as insured

Exhibit 11: Joint Travel details
                          a. Expedia Travel statements for Chicago O’Hare to Boston Logan and back 2019.
                          b. Expedia Travel Statements for Newark Liberty intl. to McCarran Intl and back 2018

Exhibit 12: Beneficiary Designation
                          a. My 401K beneficiary Details (she is the beneficiary)
                          b. My Life insurance Details (She is the Beneficiary)

Exhibit 13: Joint Auto Insurance
                          a. Geico insurance proof for 2018 and 2019 for both of us
                          b. Geico Latest insurance card.

Exhibit 14: Pictures - We added 40 pictures from our entire timeline since we started dating to celebrating out first marriage anniversary. All trips and special occasion like the one where I proposed and our marriage ceremony were arranged chronologically and with mentioning of the location date and people in it in the back.

Overall, we have 178 pages worth of documentation. With the amount of stuff we had yeah it was kind of overkill.

So for the interview we were called at 2:10 pm and we were there around 1:30, good thing about Chicago is there is a huge lobby in the second floor where you can sit. We were waiting for attorney and she showed up right at 2 pm. we checked in and then had to wait.

We were finally called at 3:05 pm; we were the third last couple waiting. A young male IO called us; he was looking pretty nice and friendly. He took our IDs (DLs), verified the identity, asked us to take the oath, and then asked to sit together. He took our passports but did not ask for Birth Certificates.

Then he first asked me my name, wife’s name, marriage date. Then asked the wife the same. He then started asking wife the questions about my birthday and profession, where I work and how much I make, she knew everything (yeah women know people even if you do not tell them). He also asked her about my family a little. Technically, I was supposed to get those questions. Next he asked me how we met (gave a quick history of our love story), he also asked me why you needed a sponsor when you people make over six figures, he saw that from our last tax transcript.

In addition, that is the end of questions, next he went through the mandatory i 485 questions (yes/no). He then asked for any additional documents you want to share since we did not front load. The attorney dropped the evidence bomb on the table with a big thump. He opened the index page and went through the index for around a min, did not even turned the other pages.

he then looked at me and asked if I ever used any public benefit or do I intent to use any, I said no. then he said there’s nothing wrong with this application and he is going to approve it, then he explained the 751 ROC details that I need to go through since our marriage is only a year old.

And that is that. The online status changed to new card being produced the same day, on Friday 15th both 130 and 485 was approved. 765 is still fingerprint review complete and 131 case received. Today I see the approval notices in the mail.

Hope this is going to be useful to everyone. feel free to message me if you need additional information. Good luck to everyone.
                          Wow!! Congrats!! My interview is the day after tomorrow and I hope it goes as smooth as yours!!!!
                          Filing Date: July 09, 2019
                          Biometrics: August 08, 2019
                          Biometrics (fingerprint review completed) August 09, 2019
                          Case is ready to be schedule for an interview: September 19, 2019
                          Interview has been scheduled: October 16, 2019
                          Received Notice in the mail: October 21, 2019
                          Interview Date: November 20, 2019
                          Approved on the Spot: November 20, 2019
                          Received GC on December 2nd, 2019

Comment

• Originally posted by Goebh View Post

Wow!! Congrats!! My interview is the day after tomorrow and I hope it goes as smooth as yours!!!!
                            What’s your field office ?

Comment

What’s your field office ?
                              San Antonio field office!
                              Filing Date: July 09, 2019
                              Biometrics: August 08, 2019
                              Biometrics (fingerprint review completed) August 09, 2019
                              Case is ready to be schedule for an interview: September 19, 2019
                              Interview has been scheduled: October 16, 2019
                              Received Notice in the mail: October 21, 2019
                              Interview Date: November 20, 2019
                              Approved on the Spot: November 20, 2019
                              Received GC on December 2nd, 2019

Comment

• Originally posted by Goebh View Post

Best of luck.
                                Marriage based AOS (IR1)
                                Field Office : Chicago
                                Service Center : NBC
                                07/03/19 : RD
                                07/13/19 : BIO Notice
                                07/24/19 : BIO Complete
                                07/26/19 : BIO Review Done
                                09/05/19 : Ready to be scheduled for Interview
                                10/04/19 : Interview scheduled
                                11/13/19 : Interview - Approved
                                11/21/19 : GC in Hand