October 2019 Filers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trini0616 View Post

My husband got the 10yr card when he should have gotten the 2yr conditional. At first I was overjoyed thinking "game over". But from my research, now it looks like that was just a USCIS admin error that cause problems for us later on. It also seems that we'll still need to complete the I-751 process in 2yrs. Smh!
    Thank you for your reply! It's so frustrating.. Interviewee told us that we would hear the good news soon from him but today it has been a month and still the status is interview was scheduled.. I'm glad that your wait is ended well and I hope 10 year GC doesn't cause any problem in the future . ????

Comment

• [QUOTE=nirvana988;n751649]
      Thank you for your reply! It's so frustrating.. Interviewee told us that we would hear the good news soon from him but today it has been a month and still the status is interview was scheduled.. I'm glad that your wait is ended well and I hope 10 year GC doesn't cause any problem in the future . ???? [/QUOTE

I’m in the same boat! Ugh it’s so frustrating because I see others getting their updates the same day but we’ll keep waiting hopefully good news will be here sooner than later

Comment

• [QUOTE=Petunia1502;n751699]
        Originally posted by nirvana988 View Post
        Thank you for your reply! It's so frustrating.. Interviewee told us that we would hear the good news soon from him but today it has been a month and still the status is interview was scheduled.. I'm glad that your wait is ended well and I hope 10 year GC doesn't cause any problem in the future . ???? [/QUOTE

I’m in the same boat! Ugh it’s so frustrating because I see others getting their updates the same day but we’ll keep waiting hopefully good news will be here sooner than later

we had an interview on 10/15 and the case is still under review

Comment

• [QUOTE=Drushky;n751767]
          Originally posted by Petunia1502 View Post

we had an interview on 10/15 and the case is still under review
          Did you call the office and ask what the reason is or is that normal? He said that we would see the changes in the system in 45 days.

Comment

• I need help please...
            Interview was done November and status is still showing Interview Completed and must be reviewed.
            EAD is expiring next month.
            Please what should I do? Anyone with similar issue or experience?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dee88 View Post
              I need help please...
              Interview was done November and status is still showing Interview Completed and must be reviewed.
              You need to send you paperwork for EAD renewal ASAP
              AOS for marriage with USC
              California- San Francisco

Service center: NBC
              10/04/19: PD
              11/07/19: Fingerprints done
              11/08/19: Fingerprints review completed
              12/05/19: Ready to be scheduled for a interview
              03/22/22: interview San Francisco

Comment

• [QUOTE=nirvana988;n751769]
                Originally posted by Drushky View Post

Did you call the office and ask what the reason is or is that normal? He said that we would see the changes in the system in 45 days.
                Oh man I made a mistake I was responding to someone else post but it looks like it’s mine. My interview was the 12/22 and it just says “case was scheduled” online but we’re still waiting for an update.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dee88 View Post
                  I need help please...
                  You need to renew your combo card.

At the end of our interview, when the interviewing office said he still needed to review our file I asked about that. My interviewing officer said we should wait until the day before the combo card expires to reapply. He said once your I-495 application is pending a decision, the combo card is extended for 180-days immediately upon receipt of the renewal application and that the receipt plus the combo would serve as proof for employment and travel. That's what he said.

Me, I like to be sure and play it safe: Since the combo card applications (I-765 and I-131) are free for renewal with a pending I-485; and they take up to 90-days to process, in your shoes I would be re-applying NOW, RIGHT NOW, TODAY, to renew that combo card. By my math, it's really only going to cost you the price of the passport pictures, copies and mailing and you can rest easy until USCIS makes their decision.

Either way you choose, I think you would be fine. Just make sure that if you do not have a decision on the I-485, you submit the renewal applications before your combo card expires.
                  Last edited by Trini0616; 01-18-2021, 05:08 PM.

Comment

USCIC has 120-days to decide on your application once the interview is complete, any inquiries before that time expires will likely just be deflected.

Comment

• Scorredora Thank you so much, would do that.Trini0616 Wow, I totally understand, sending it, printed out everything. Thank you so much

Comment

• we had our interview on the 5th. It was at 11:30 am and lasted maybe 45 mins. We interviewed in Jacksonville, our field office was originally Orlando however. We interviewed in a separate room from the interviewer through an iPad and phone. He asked us the general questions. We had to wear a mask the entire time only took it off to verify it was us.
                        -He asked how we met? The story is really funny actually and it made him laugh and give props to my hubby.
                        -He asked how long we were in a relationship which was 5 years. Including 1 year and a half married.
                        -We recently bought a house and we were talking about that. He congratulated us.
                        -I️ am currently out of state for work and he asked how’s that working for our relationship. Told him I’m leaving soon to move back and start a PhD in my state.
                        -He said he’d approve it, but he couldn’t because the doctor where I️ did The medical put whiteout on the form and he needed her to fill it out without the whiteout and return to them. He verbally gave me the info about the 2 year green card and we can apply for the permanent card 90 days before expiration.
                        -We were required to put any additional information we brought in an envelope and leave it in that room for him to get after the interview. I️ gave Additional photos, deed to our house, insurance information for our cars, health and life and apt lease to out of state apt.
                        -The I️-130 was approved on 01/06/2020. I️ mailed the new medical form on 01/06/2020 and received on 01/07/2020. On 01/19/2020 I️ got an email, new card being produced.

It was easy and very relaxed. I’m glad that’s over! Now just waiting for the 2 years to get the permanent ❤️❤️
                        F1 to AOS
                        Service Center: NBC
                        FO: Orlando PD: 11/12/2019
                        11/08 mailed out my AOS package
                        12/12 Biometrics completed
                        01/16/2020 Case is ready to schedule interview
                        05/01 Service request to expedite EAD
                        05/08 Expedite approved
                        05/12 Card mailed
                        12/04 Email saying interview scheduled
                        01/05/2021 Interview date
                        01/05 RFE issued for new medical without whiteout on form
                        01/06 I️-130 approved
                        01/19 I️-485 approved & new card being produced
                        01/21 Card mailed

Comment

Yes, we called last Friday, 1/15. They told us that paperwork was sent to the local office on 12/16 and on 1/14 someone was looking at our case, but there were no notes.
                          They also opened a new case for EAD renewal on 1/14, so maybe that was the reason for the movement. We plan on calling again this Friday.
                          Last edited by Drushky; 01-20-2021, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Trini0616;n751809]
                            Originally posted by nirvana988 View Post

USCIC has 120-days to decide on your application once the interview is complete, any inquiries before that time expires will likely just be deflected.
                            Is that 120 business or calendar days? 120 calendar days will be 2/15

Comment

• Card was mailed today ???? yay ! Hopefully there are no errors.
                              F1 to AOS
                              Service Center: NBC
                              FO: Orlando PD: 11/12/2019
                              11/08 mailed out my AOS package
                              12/12 Biometrics completed
                              01/16/2020 Case is ready to schedule interview
                              05/01 Service request to expedite EAD
                              05/08 Expedite approved
                              05/12 Card mailed
                              12/04 Email saying interview scheduled
                              01/05/2021 Interview date
                              01/05 RFE issued for new medical without whiteout on form
                              01/06 I️-130 approved
                              01/19 I️-485 approved & new card being produced
                              01/21 Card mailed

Comment

• I already sent my documents for EAD renewal and I have not gotten a notification that it was received. (I don’t want to loose my job in this pandemic)
                                How do I get to talk to them? It’s just the automated machine I hear all the time and it’s frustrating. Anyone knows how to reach them or what next to do? Thank you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X