December 2020 I-485 filers may join

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ajih View Post

01/12/21 - See pending charge on Credit Card. No other update (text/email etc)
    12/28/2020 - I-130+I-485+I-765+I-131 packet delivered to Chicago Lockbox.
    01/12/2021 - Pending charges on Credit Card
    01/14/2021 - Charges posted on the Credit Card
    01/17/2021 - Text message with 3 receipt #s (I-130, I-1485, I-131) received
    01/25/2021 - Paper receipts for same three (I-130, I-485, I-131) received.

Actually on 1/17 - received 5 text massages - but two messages had repeat of I-130 and I-131 receipt numbers.

Question - We did not receive either a text message or paper receipt for I-765 (Application for Work Authorization). I was expecting this one as well. Have others received this? If yes at the same time or out of sequence? Just trying to figure out if I need to begin worrying about a misplaced application.

Comment

Actually on 1/17 - received 5 text massages - but two messages had repeat of I-130 and I-131 receipt numbers.

Question - We did not receive either a text message or paper receipt for I-765 (Application for Work Authorization). I was expecting this one as well. Have others received this? If yes at the same time or out of sequence? Just trying to figure out if I need to begin worrying about a misplaced application.
      I got receipts for these four forms; though I also have duplicates for one or two forms.
      Marriage AOS (F1 to GC, California, MSC)
      1/05/2021 UPS shows package again delivered, received by Chyba
      1/20/2021 Check cashed; Receipt text messages hours later
      4/19/2021 Biometrics done
      4/22/2021 Case shown fingerprints taken
      5/10/2021 I-765 Approved; I-131 Approved; new card being produced
      5/17/2021 Combo card received
      8/17/2021 Interview Scheduled
      9/20/2021 Interview finished; I-485 approved new card produced
      9/25/2021 GC in mail

Comment

Originally posted by randUser9 View Post

Mine were sent by lawyers to TX SC towards the end of November 2020. No notification so far. Checks not en-cashed yet.
        This may be a silly question. Do you ask your lawyers about checks en-cashed to find out? I do have scanned copies of the checks, was just curious if I can check on my own.

Comment

Originally posted by RS269 View Post

This may be a silly question. Do you ask your lawyers about checks en-cashed to find out? I do have scanned copies of the checks, was just curious if I can check on my own.
          Not silly :-)
          In my case, I sent personal checks for USCIS fees. And they haven't been sent to clearing yet, so I know. Now at 2+ months.
          EB1C India - MSC2190XXXXXX
          11/25/2020 - I485, I765, I131 sent to TX lockbox
          11/30/2020 - received at TX lockbox
          02/28/2021 - NOAs generated
          05/19/2021 - Bio done
          07/28/2021 - I485J fee waiver notice
          08/18/2021 - I765 - ordered new card
          08/30/2021 - RFE for BC+693
          09/22/2021 - GC in hand (primary)

Comment

Originally posted by randUser9 View Post

Not silly :-)
            In my case, I sent personal checks for USCIS fees. And they haven't been sent to clearing yet, so I know. Now at 2+ months.
            Thank you! Appreciate your response . Looks like processing at TSC is going to be forever.

Comment

Originally posted by komissol View Post

I opened a case report and a USPS manager notified me when the package was delivered:

This is in response to your inquiry regarding the delivery of a package. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you.

The Postal Service is aware of the frustration and disappointment caused when we do not live up to our commitment of safe and reliable mail service.

Our records show the Priority Mail Item # YYYY ZZZ was delivered to the PO Box for USCIS on December 18, 2020. We contacted the delivery unit and was informed the item has been picked up. Immigration has a courier service that comes to our facility to pick up their mail Sunday evening and twice a day Monday - Friday, there is not a pick up Saturdays.

An apology is no substitute for good service, but I want to offer one on behalf of the Postal Service.

However!
              Strangely - USCIS case info shows that USCIS received my package on December 17th. I wish I mailed my application with UPS/FEDEX.

do you remember how long it took usps to respond you? I opened a case a week ago, still no update on nothing! I already called, but customer service can’t do anything.
              thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by gessfranco View Post

do you remember how long it took usps to respond you? I opened a case a week ago, still no update on nothing! I already called, but customer service can’t do anything.
                thanks!!
                About a week.... I was very anxious that whole time.

Comment

I have read on another forum that someone who filed in December got an interview appointment this week but not a biometrics one yet. Anyone here had a similar experience? I'm just wondering if appointments are now being scheduled for December filers.

Comment

Mystery about missing I-765 receipt solved! Unfortunately I received a Notice of rejection by mail today!! It appears that I used an outdated version of the form! So will need to resubmit with the updated version. The rejection notice was a bit ambiguous:
                    "..... is being returned to you for the following reasons(s):"
                    The payment amount is incorrect or has not been provided.....
                    The application/petition was filed on an outdated version of this form.....

The form being outdated was confirmed immediately. However the first point about incorrect or missing fee is confusing. There is no fee for I-765. Even for a separate filing after I-485 is filed and fees paid.

Anyone else received similar I-765 rejection notice and experience dealing with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnatan96 View Post
                      I have read on another forum that someone who filed in December got an interview appointment this week but not a biometrics one yet. Anyone here had a similar experience? I'm just wondering if appointments are now being scheduled for December filers.
                      Maybe it is December 2019 filers getting interview appointments.

Seems like October 2020 Filers are getting biometric appointments now.

Comment

Originally posted by komissol View Post

Maybe it is December 2019 filers getting interview appointments.

Seems like October 2020 Filers are getting biometric appointments now.
                        We are many in the September 2020 filers' group that are still awaiting bio letter... only few lucky Oct 2020 filers got the letter

Comment

Originally posted by Oty View Post

We are many in the September 2020 filers' group that are still awaiting bio letter... only few lucky Oct 2020 filers got the letter
                          It depends on location. I saw on a forum that NY October filers are getting invitations, while in Seattle September filers are still waiting.

Comment

Just adding my case in Dec 2020 AOS Applications.

National Benefits Center location is working on the case!
                            Marriage AOS (Michigan)
                            12/31/2020: Package Delivered to Chicago Lockbox via USPS
                            01/03/2021: Package Delivered
                            01/19/2021: Check Chased; Receipt text messages later in the day (830PM EST)
                            01/25/2021: Receipt notices received in mail

Comment

Originally posted by AoS_12312020 View Post
                              Just adding my case in Dec 2020 AOS Applications.

National Benefits Center location is working on the case!
                              Marriage AOS (Michigan)
                              12/31/2020: Package Delivered to Chicago Lockbox via USPS
                              01/03/2021: Package Delivered
                              01/19/2021: Check Chased; Receipt text messages later in the day (830PM EST)
                              01/25/2021: Receipt notices received in mail
                              Mine is NBC too! Pretty much same processing speed so far looks like
                              Marriage AOS (F1 to GC, California, MSC)
                              1/05/2021 UPS shows package again delivered, received by Chyba
                              1/20/2021 Check cashed; Receipt text messages hours later
                              4/19/2021 Biometrics done
                              4/22/2021 Case shown fingerprints taken
                              5/10/2021 I-765 Approved; I-131 Approved; new card being produced
                              5/17/2021 Combo card received
                              8/17/2021 Interview Scheduled
                              9/20/2021 Interview finished; I-485 approved new card produced
                              9/25/2021 GC in mail

Comment

Any update from anyone regarding biometrics appointment?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X