No announcement yet.

December 2020 I-485 filers may join

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone, here's an update for my case. I'm adjusting my TN status to green card through marriage.

Timeline:
    12/18/20: My package was received at Chicago lockbox
    01/11/21: I received four NOA receipts in the mail (online case number indicates my fingerprint fee check was cashed on 12/29/20)
    02/05/21: I received biometrics letter in the mail for my upcoming appointment, which is scheduled for the end of this month (letter came from the NBC)
    02/18/21: Biometrics appointment (arrive 15 minutes before to line-up outside, there are about 10 appointments scheduled each hour, everyone lines up at same time for your appointment time slot and is allowed in 15 minutes prior to appointment time)
    02/19/21: my I-485 and I-765 case statuses were updated online to "Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken"

Comment

Originally posted by komissol View Post

I submitted change of address application (AR-11). Moving from Seattle to NJ.

The wait-time for family based I485 biometrics in Seattle is way too long.
      Have you gotten any update on if they have received the change of address and if it has been updated?

Comment

Originally posted by CanChar View Post
        Hi everyone, here's an update for my case. I'm adjusting my TN status to green card through marriage.

Timeline:
        12/18/20: My package was received at Chicago lockbox
        01/11/21: I received four NOA receipts in the mail (online case number indicates my fingerprint fee check was cashed on 12/29/20)
        02/05/21: I received biometrics letter in the mail for my upcoming appointment, which is scheduled for the end of this month (letter came from the NBC)
        02/18/21: Biometrics appointment (arrive 15 minutes before to line-up outside, there are about 10 appointments scheduled each hour, everyone lines up at same time for your appointment time slot and is allowed in 15 minutes prior to appointment time)
        02/19/21: my I-485 and I-765 case statuses were updated online to "Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken"
        For biometrics, would the case be updated to read biometrics appointment scheduled or you would only just receive the biometrics notice in the mail?

Comment

I'm glad to see that at least a couple of people have received their bios letters. I hope USCIS will speed up the process for the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by JQ101 View Post

Have you gotten any update on if they have received the change of address and if it has been updated?
            Got this email the day after submitting AR11:

Dear ZZZ,

On 02/22/2021, you or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

Case type:
            -- I765

Filing date:
            -- 12/17/2020

Type of service requested:
            -- Change of Address

The status of this service request is:

Recently, you contacted us to update your address. We have updated your address in our systems and on your application or petition.

I submitted updates for I485, I765, I131 - but only got an update for I765. Curious - why.

Comment

Dear ZZZ,

On 02/22/2021, you or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

Case type:
              -- I765

Filing date:
              -- 12/17/2020

-- Change of Address

Recently, you contacted us to update your address. We have updated your address in our systems and on your application or petition.

I submitted updates for I485, I765, I131 - but only got an update for I765. Curious - why.

I have submitted a change of address yesterday for I485 and I765. I'll let you know what I will get returned. At this point, I wouldn't know what is normal :-).

Comment

Dear ZZZ,

Case type:
                -- I765

Filing date:
                -- 12/17/2020

-- Change of Address

You'll have to do them all seperately. I only had confirmation of the I765 and asked an agent if both of them were processed. They were not and then advised to do my I485 again.

Comment

Originally posted by brucebaas View Post

You'll have to do them all seperately. I only had confirmation of the I765 and asked an agent if both of them were processed. They were not and then advised to do my I485 again.
                  oh that’s why!

thank you so much! I really appreciate it.

will do AR11 for all my applications.

Comment

hey guys been checking regularly, nothing online. Miraculously got a letter from USCIS in the mail which made me nervous. Luckily it was the biometrics. Scheduled in about 20 days. I am excited the process is moving along but as everyone feeling impatient. Been applying to jobs lately not really hearing back just gotta keep trying

Comment

• Originally posted by twotruetoo View Post
                      hey guys been checking regularly, nothing online. Miraculously got a letter from USCIS in the mail which made me nervous. Luckily it was the biometrics. Scheduled in about 20 days. I am excited the process is moving along but as everyone feeling impatient. Been applying to jobs lately not really hearing back just gotta keep trying
                      Can you put down your timeline? It just got interesting now that you have your appointment!

Comment

Awesome! Congratulations!

Is your i485 employment based or family based?

Comment

Good! I don't think the status changes online when biometric is scheduled. You should see a change after the appointment. When did you send your AOS package? I'm curious to know about your timeline.

Comment

Congrats! Wonder if you a see biometrics update online as well since that will be less stressful. Also I asked my immigration lawyer they say biometrics doesn't have effects on how EAD card is processed in case anyone here is wondering about that as well.
                            Marriage AOS (F1 to GC, California, MSC)
                            1/05/2021 UPS shows package again delivered, received by Chyba
                            1/20/2021 Check cashed; Receipt text messages hours later
                            4/19/2021 Biometrics done
                            4/22/2021 Case shown fingerprints taken
                            5/10/2021 I-765 Approved; I-131 Approved; new card being produced
                            5/17/2021 Combo card received
                            8/17/2021 Interview Scheduled
                            9/20/2021 Interview finished; I-485 approved new card produced
                            9/25/2021 GC in mail

Comment

• Originally posted by JQ101 View Post
                              Any updates from anyone? This wait is frustrating...
                              We got the receipt of the case back on 12/7/20
                              No Biometrics yet..... is this normal? Has any of the Dec. 2020 filers received the Biometrics yet ?

Comment

• Originally posted by itapiche View Post

We got the receipt of the case back on 12/7/20
                                No Biometrics yet..... is this normal? Has any of the Dec. 2020 filers received the Biometrics yet ?

Same here. I even talked to a tier 2 USCIS agent and he told me that he can't schedule an appointment until a slot becomes available. We just have to wait. I know a couple of people who filed in December and got their biometrics appointment letter earlier this week.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X