Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VBee View Post
    This forum has been quite helpful in getting information and what to expect while going through the IR5 process. To pay back, I am posting my timeline, which in turn may help other folks. My IR5 case was in Mumbai consulate.
    • Filed for I-130 in Dec 2018
    • I-130 approved Jul, 2019
    • NVC received the petitions Aug end, 2019
    • Completed the Immigrant Visa application, paid fees and provided supporting documents on the ceac.state.gov. All documents Accepted on Nov, 2019
    • Documentarily Qualified (Documents approved) Jan 15, 2020
    • <Pandemic delay>
    • Received email on Apr 9, 2021 from NVC scheduling Visa appointment for May 6, 2021
    • Re-applied for Police Certificate (previous one expired), Got Medical appointment and Biometrics appointment
    • Cancellation of visa appointment by Mumbai IV (due to second wave of Pandemic) April 15, 2021
    • We cancelled Medical appointment - Kept the Police certificate appointment and Biometrics appointment
    • Received email from Mumbai consulate that reschedule Biometrics and visa interview appointments under All Immigrant or Diversity Visas category April 22, 2021
    • Police Certificate took a month (again due to lockdown and police enquiry). Went to office on April 12th. Received on May 11th.
    • Biometrics appointment completed on May 4, 2021
    • <Waiting for appointment slots>
    • Got consular interview appointment slots for Jun 30, 2021 June 2, 2021
    • Medical appointment completed on June 18, 2021
    • Visa interview completed and approved June 30, 2021
    Hope this helps
    @VBEee-- Hi VBee, about your post- can you please share how you got a slot on the portal for consular appointment? my parents filed Sept 2018, DQ Jan 2020, IV cancelled April 9th, 2021 . Since then no comm. How to get a slot for consular? Fingerprint already done in Delhi in April 2021. What category to choose in the portal? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Yash sinha View Post
      Hi....my mother consular interview is scheduled for July 22 at Mumbai . We got the biometric and medical done in Mumbai and now waiting for PCC which was applied in July 6 and unlikely to be available before July 22.
      I have been desperately trying to reschedule but I do not see any option for re scheduling the consular interview at Mumbai on the site at all . Can someone help me immediately , I am short of time and do not know what to do
      Whats your Document approval date ?

Comment

What is your Documentary qualified date/month and year?
        Hi....my mother consular interview is scheduled for July 22 at Mumbai . We got the biometric and medical done in Mumbai and now waiting for PCC which was applied in July 6 and unlikely to be available before July 22.
        I have been desperately trying to reschedule but I do not see any option for re scheduling the consular interview at Mumbai on the site at all . Can someone help me immediately , I am short of time and do not know what to do

Comment

There is a phone number and email of US Travel Docs India in your appointment letter. You should try calling them to reschedule.
          Last edited by VBee; 07-12-2021, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kemnm View Post

@VBEee-- Hi VBee, about your post- can you please share how you got a slot on the portal for consular appointment? my parents filed Sept 2018, DQ Jan 2020, IV cancelled April 9th, 2021 . Since then no comm. How to get a slot for consular? Fingerprint already done in Delhi in April 2021. What category to choose in the portal? Thanks!
            After the NVC appointment was cancelled in April. There was another email from Mumbai Consulate to go to the portal and schedule appointment, In my case, as I mentioned, they told to book it under the category of "All Immigrant or Diversity Visas". Getting dates was hard and a long wait - I logged in every day to check for open appointments.

Comment

My mother date for DQ is Jul 2021. I am waiting to hear from NVC on the appointment date for interview at Mumbai consulate.
              She has received her PCC from Kolkata as well in Jul 2021.
              Can I get her an appointment at the Kolkata VAC to get her biometrics? Does she need an appointment letter for the IV interview to get her biometrics done?
              Is there any way to get an appointment date for the IV interview in Mumbai asap?

Comment

Originally posted by mdhar View Post
                My mother date for DQ is Jul 2021. I am waiting to hear from NVC on the appointment date for interview at Mumbai consulate.
                She has received her PCC from Kolkata as well in Jul 2021.
                Can I get her an appointment at the Kolkata VAC to get her biometrics? Does she need an appointment letter for the IV interview to get her biometrics done?
                Is there any way to get an appointment date for the IV interview in Mumbai asap?
                This will take some time. I have been waiting for an interview for over a year.DQ is Apr 2020

Comment

Hi,

I applied for my parents immigrant Visa (Documentary qualified May 2020, priority date Aprl 2019). Waiting on Mumbai consulate to schedule an interview.

If anyone recently got an interview date and can share their Documentarily Qualified date it would be very helpful to gauge where we are in the queue!

Pls share, and thanks in advance for the info!

Comment

Anyone April 2020 DQ and waiting on an interview at Mumbai?

Comment

Originally posted by jass26 View Post
                      Anyone April 2020 DQ and waiting on an interview at Mumbai?
                      Yes, see below for my dates

Priority date - May 3rd, 2019
                      NVC case creation - Nov 9th, 2019
                      Documentarily Qualified - April 22, 2020

Comment

Please everyone share case details if any one get interview appointment date in Mumbai embassy .Thanks

Comment

My DQ date is 3rd April 2021. IR5. Somebody please tell me when can I most likely expect an interview in Mumbai?
                          Last edited by GeoMac; 08-29-2021, 05:02 AM.

Comment

The DQ date for my mother is Apr 2020. I'm still waiting for all the next steps. (Visa appointment, medical examination etc).
                            Is anybody else in the same situation for the past year.

Thanks
                            Rajiv

Comment

Originally posted by VBee View Post
                              This forum has been quite helpful in getting information and what to expect while going through the IR5 process. To pay back, I am posting my timeline, which in turn may help other folks. My IR5 case was in Mumbai consulate.
                              • Filed for I-130 in Dec 2018
                              • I-130 approved Jul, 2019
                              • NVC received the petitions Aug end, 2019
                              • Completed the Immigrant Visa application, paid fees and provided supporting documents on the ceac.state.gov. All documents Accepted on Nov, 2019
                              • Documentarily Qualified (Documents approved) Jan 15, 2020
                              • <Pandemic delay>
                              • Received email on Apr 9, 2021 from NVC scheduling Visa appointment for May 6, 2021
                              • Re-applied for Police Certificate (previous one expired), Got Medical appointment and Biometrics appointment
                              • Cancellation of visa appointment by Mumbai IV (due to second wave of Pandemic) April 15, 2021
                              • We cancelled Medical appointment - Kept the Police certificate appointment and Biometrics appointment
                              • Received email from Mumbai consulate that reschedule Biometrics and visa interview appointments under All Immigrant or Diversity Visas category April 22, 2021
                              • Police Certificate took a month (again due to lockdown and police enquiry). Went to office on April 12th. Received on May 11th.
                              • Biometrics appointment completed on May 4, 2021
                              • <Waiting for appointment slots>
                              • Got consular interview appointment slots for Jun 30, 2021 June 2, 2021
                              • Medical appointment completed on June 18, 2021
                              • Visa interview completed and approved June 30, 2021
                              Hope this helps
                              Hi VBee and others,
                              How long is the police certificate valid? Do we get a notification to re-apply for the police certificate.
                              I'm in a similar boat, the DQ date for my mother is April 2020.

Thanks in advance

Comment

PCC is vaild for 6 months .apply again if it’s expired.i am also waiting for My parents Interview .My parents DQ date mother April 2020 nd dad july 2020. I have one question is NVC schedule same date for interview or different dates . Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X