Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Forparents96 View Post

Thank you so much for prompt answer. I am taking travel insurance for a month and hopefully we will get something permanent soon.

Also, i have another situation which is making me nervous, my parents will be here in couple of days, but their immigration fees are still not deducted from my bank account. I just sent the check to USCIS on last week, my UPS tracking said it was delivered on 14th September. If those checks do not clear before they enter what will happen? will they be questioned at port of entry?
    Dear ForParents96,
    I wonder why did you pay by cheque. I paid for the fee while in India, through my credit card. I am not aware of any similar case that has been posted in the forum. However to my understanding, this should not pose any problems. Your parents may be questioned about this. As a precaution please send copies of the cheques that you have sent to the USCIS, to your parents. Or if possible, withdraw the cheques and pay online using your credit card. Best wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by sapnaanagol View Post
      Hello Dreams 21.Did your Mom recieve her passport? Is the visa stamped in it?.
      My status shows : Issued,it also shows that your Visa is printed.
      Last update was on 16th September.Eagerly waiting for my Passport now.
      Yes we got the passport with visa stamp. If you opted for premium delivery, have you tried tracking on bluedart website using your UID on Appointment letter?

Comment

• Originally posted by tsar2 View Post

GeoMac - i tried to upload the documents on CEAC, it really does not give any option apart from uploading documents as "other" under my sister's name, I think this will be annoying as it will be difficult for the consular officer to separate the documents between her and me in the application. I'm thinking that sending my i864 it to `[email protected]` and also giving it along with all supporting documents for my father to carry might be the best step.

Has no one else had to add a joint sponsor when the case is with the embassy/consulate already for the interview? How did they do that? I don't want to make the situation worse basically.
        Dear tsar2
        If it is possible to upload your AOS as a joint sponsor, do it. It will be Consular Officer's problem to differentiate between the documents of you and your sister. If you upload any additional document including your AOS, it should be considered as an advantage.
        Last edited by GeoMac; 09-19-2022, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Hello Dreams 21.Did your Mom recieve her passport? Is the visa stamped in it?.
          My status shows : Issued,it also shows that your Visa is printed.
          Last update was on 16th September.Eagerly waiting for my Passport now.
          Hello sapnaanagol
          You must be happy and releaved of the visa worries now. Hearty Congratulations. Now switch to another set of worries i.e. Booking Packing and Moving before 9th Nov. God bless you both.
          Last edited by GeoMac; 09-19-2022, 10:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlienKanpur View Post

Dear zakasbanda,
            It is a little premature to be worrying about all this. The Biometrics and the medical can be done at several places in India. You have to see what location suits you best. In case you plan to do everything at Mumbai, then you have to keep a difference of at least one week between the medical and the interview. You can get a slot for the medical first then the biometrics. However a lot will depend on the slots available for the biometrics and the medical. If everything falls in place then at least one week stay in Mumbai will be a must. Best wishes.
            zakasbanda dear, You seem to be worrying unnecessarily. Also your posts do not reveal where your father lives. Why am I writing this? If your dad lives in Ahmedabad for instance, he can go to Apollo Gandhinagar for Medical and Biometrics and Interview in Mumbai in 2 days. If he is living in surat he can have his medical in surat Apollo. If you are thinking of going to India to help your dad, you wait for the IL to come, then make booking for Medical atleast a week prior to interview and Biometrics two or one day before interview. Biometrics is open on sundays too in Mumbai. If the medical does not require further testing like sputum and if the consular officer tells you that the passport with visa stamp will come to your address in 5 to 6 working days, then you have won the race. You can book your dad's ticket alongwith your return.
            Almost all insurance providers have foreign collaborations so you can take an insurance from one of them. Take for two months by that time the GreenCard will arrive. Then you can take US insurance. However my agent who happens to be my friend, told me not to waste money because now a days the travel insurances are merely useful for lost luggage, delayed flights etc. the main motive of health problem is not useful as they do not pass any medical claims. Moreover, the elderly parent will have some pre existing health disorder and so they will not give insurance. Or if they give insurance then there will be conditions in it. If you mention hypertension in the application means they wont reimburse for any kind of heart problem forget heart attack.
            NOW ZAKASBANDA BE WORRY FREE AS PER YOUR NAME. Also, see that all your questions have answers in the forum discussions of last six months. We have repeatedly answered all querries of many people. Before putting any querry please try to read the posts all the members have put here. It will be interesting to read.
            Last edited by GeoMac; 09-19-2022, 10:16 PM.

Comment

• Sputum test and interview
              if wife has to go for sputum test her interview is cancelled and she has to reschedule the same after her sputum test report is clear. Can the husband also cancel his interview and reschedule the same along with her wife or is he required to attend interview fixed by NVC? Can anyone share his/her experience about this and advise. Whether husband will face problems if he cancel his interview and reschedule it?

Comment

• Originally posted by zakasbanda View Post

I am trying to estimate as well. I am in the US. I need to plan things but there is so much uncertainty.
                Yeah zakasbanda I agree, It is hard to predict anything. Any idea what was DQ date for people who already receive IL for this month?

Comment

• Originally posted by sumanbehl View Post
                  Sputum test and interview
                  if wife has to go for sputum test her interview is cancelled and she has to reschedule the same after her sputum test report is clear. Can the husband also cancel his interview and reschedule the same along with her wife or is he required to attend interview fixed by NVC? Can anyone share his/her experience about this and advise. Whether husband will face problems if he cancel his interview and reschedule it?
                  There will not be any problem, please see my post #2571​. I did the same for my parents.

Comment

• Originally posted by sumanbehl View Post
                    Sputum test and interview
                    I had the same problem,my husband went ahead with the interview & got his visa 2 months earlier.I got it now.
                    You can cancel as well. Malik on this Forum had done it.

Comment

• Dearest Geomac,Aleinkanpur,Toolong,Dreams21,Malik 7 other members,Extremely happy to share that i received my passport with the immigration visa printed,also printed is expiry date: 9th nov.I need to reach USA before that.There was also another envelope( this is for applicants with Sputum advice) which we are not supposed to open & hand it over to the immigration officer at USA,its clearly written that We need to carry in our handbag.
                      Thank you all very much & your constant support.Any doubt was easily cleared here!!
                      Yes,as GeoMac very wisely said,more difficult tasks ahead like wrapping up,tickets etc etc.God bless all of you!

Comment

• My mother interview is on 27th Sept. I compiled a list of questions asked during the interview from this forum. I wanted to check if there is anything missing? Feedback would be appreciated.

Interview Questions

who is your petitioner

2. What does he/she work

3. How many grandchildren do you have

4. Have you travelled to the US before

5. What was the longest duration that you stayed in USA

6. has any of your stays in the US exceeded 6 months

7. have you lived in any other country for more than a year

some simple questions were asked like who has sponsored you. Is the petitioner married and how many children does she have. How old is your grand child. My wife was asked about her mother’s name. What countries have you been to and for how long. Did your stay exceed one year in any country. We were then told to sit back in the same room and wait for number to flash again.

5. In about 35 minutes our number flashed again. This time there was an White American along with a translator. Again some simple questions like who has sponsored you. How many times have you been to USA. What was the longest duration that you stayed in USA. Have you ever stayed beyond six months. Then the officer says your VISA is approved and your previous B1/B2 visa is being cancelled. You will receive the passports in 5 working days from the pick-up agency selected by you.

That is all. We were out of the hall by 9.45 am.

Who is sponsoring you?

b. Where does your son live?

c. Where does he work?

d. Have you been to US earlier?

e. When did you visit US the last?

Questions asked > Who is inviting you to USA? Where does your daughter lives? How many kids your daughter have? Have you ever stayed more than 6 months in USA? (because they travelled to US on B2 visa) How many times have you been to USA? What does your daughter do?

Who is the petitioner

2. when did petitioner move to US

3. How many kids does petitioner have

4. There were many questions about my daughter(their grand daughter)

5. What is your grand daughters name? How old is she?

6. What kind of activities your granddaughter likes

They responded that she is likes painting. Then there were follow up questions like, if she participated in painting competition

7. they asked for photos of my parents with granddaughter but they responded that plenty of photo ES are there but they are all in the phone which is submitted outside.

Who are you going to stay with?

2. Where does your daughter work?

3. Who does she live with?

4. How old are her kids?

5. How many times you have been to USA before? When was the longest stay?

Who is sponsoring you?

Where does she work?

Which place in the US?

Who is the joint sponsor?

Is your daughter married?

Does your sister live alone?

When did you last see your daughter?

Have you been to the US before?

Has your B2 Visa expired?

Have you lived in another place other than UAE for more than a year?
                          • Who is here for you.
                          • Where are you going?
                          • With whom do you stay?
                          • When was your last visit to US?
                          • How much period did you stay?
                          • Whether your son was married?
                          • How many children does your son have?
                          • Who called you to US?
                          • How is petitioner known to you?
                          • What is petitioner doing?
                          • What is petitioner’s profession.
                          • In which place the petitioner lives?
                          • Where did the petitioner earlier live in US?
                          • Is petitioner married? If yes, when?
                          • When did you last meet the petitioner?
                          • Has petitioner visited India?
                          • How many times did you go to US?
                          • In each visit how many months did you stay?
                          • When was your last visit?
                          • How many children does the petitioner have?
                        Who is sponsoring you?

Where does she work?

Which place in the US?

Who is the joint sponsor?

Is your daughter married?

Does your sister live alone?

When did you last see your daughter?

Have you been to the US before?

Has your B2 Visa expired?

Have you lived in another place other than UAE for more than a year?
                        ​​
                        Last edited by maneeshsah; 09-20-2022, 03:26 AM.

Comment

• Hello, I got an email to select premium delivery for passport after the interview but when I go to the ustraveldocs site, the "Document Delivery" link is not enabled for me. How do I opt in for premium delivery? Interview is scheduled for Sept 27th.

Comment

Dearest Geomac,Aleinkanpur,Toolong,Dreams21,Malik 7 other members,Extremely happy to share that i received my passport with the immigration visa printed,also printed is expiry date: 9th nov.I need to reach USA before that.There was also another envelope( this is for applicants with Sputum advice) which we are not supposed to open & hand it over to the immigration officer at USA,its clearly written that We need to carry in our handbag.
                            Thank you all very much & your constant support.Any doubt was easily cleared here!!
                            Yes,as GeoMac very wisely said,more difficult tasks ahead like wrapping up,tickets etc etc.God bless all of you!
                            Dear Sapnaanagol,
                            Congratulations for your long-awaited IR5 Visa. God bless you and your handsome husband (PIC) and may you travel safely to your loved ones in USA. Best wishes for your future.

Comment

• Originally posted by arch28angel View Post
                              My Parents just got the IL notification today. This Forum and its members have been really helpful in guiding through this process. Hope it goes well beyond this.

DQ for Father - Feb 6th 2022
                              DQ for Mother - Apr 6th 2022

IL Notification - Aug 30 2022
                              IL Appointment - Oct 6th 2022 (Mumbai)

I requested through AskNVC to allow them to have same interview, while they didn't guarantee it, I'm glad they did it. Now back to Forum to read posts around the next steps .
                              Dear Arch28angel,
                              Your father must have done his interview on 30 August 2022 in Mumbai. Please tell us how was the interview process and what all questions were asked by the consular officer. I am still waiting for my interview and this will be of great help to me and others in this forum. Thank you. Best wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by asg1957 View Post

Dear Sapnaanagol,
                                Congratulations for your long-awaited IR5 Visa. God bless you and your handsome husband (PIC) and may you travel safely to your loved ones in USA. Best wishes for your future.
                                Thank you very much asg1957,Happy that you found my husband handsome..hahaha.Best wishes to you too!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X