Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Aquafatz, if the AOS and financial documents are uploaded on the CEAC website, then those documents need not be carried during the interview - neither originals nor copies. This instruction about financial documents is clearly mentioned on the travel.State.gov website in prep for interview section.

Comment

• NVC scheduled appointment for my parents for March 10, we received an email from NVC regarding the interview on 01/23 but my parents in India has not received IL. How long does it take for US Embassy to send out letters.

Comment

• Originally posted by AS45 View Post

Dear Spreadpositivty,

NVC will schedule the appointment date and send email to you as well as to your mother. This mail will be treated as appointment letter which is normally 15 days to 60 days prior to the appointment. You need to schedule medical appointment which can be any earlier date but only after receiving the appointment letter. You should inform the medical agency about the condition and current treatment about your mother so any co- relation of their tests or results can be factored. As the visa expiry date to travel to USA is 6 months from the date of medicals, people do not normally go for medicals immediately. Best wishes to your mother for her health as well as interview.
        Dear friends,
        AS45 has rightly said that NVC will send email for interview date. That is official and valid document, so no need to wait for hard copy of IL. I think priority is in sending IL but rest of the formalities will remain same. A negligible correction in the statement of AS45 (hoping he won’t mind). The visa is valid for 6 months from the date it gets stamped in your passport. However, one should not wait till last days to travel because the Medical reports are valid for six months from the date of medical examination. Dear spreadpositivty, get medical of your mom ASAP so that you have enough time for any further check ups owing to her pre-existing illness. In any case it is understood that you will take your mom to the US as early as possible, upon getting visa. Biometrics can be done one day before interview. They will put a stamp on DS260 Confirmation page and give to you to carry to the interview as a proof of Biometrics done. Please note that Medical and Biometrics can be scheduled only after getting IL.
        By the way, dear spreadpositivty, I saw for the first time in this forum that a case has been expedited by NVC on health grounds. Good. You have placed an example, a case of precedence for those who wish to expedite their case on health grounds.
        Dear, I personally express all sympathies to you and your mom. Do not worry, God is great and He will take care of your mom and you. If you can, please read Phillipians 4:4-7 in Bible. That will give you tremendous confidence.
        Last edited by GeoMac; 02-07-2023, 11:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by reshmadparikh View Post
          Hi Aquafatz, if the AOS and financial documents are uploaded on the CEAC website, then those documents need not be carried during the interview - neither originals nor copies. This instruction about financial documents is clearly mentioned on the travel.State.gov website in prep for interview section.
          I agree with reshmadparikh. The Affidavit of Support contains confidential financial information of the Petitioner which need not be published. The document uploaded on CEAC account is enough for the knowledge of the Consular Officer and for their records.
          Last edited by GeoMac; 02-07-2023, 11:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aviask2 View Post
            Hi All,

My Mother (widow) does not have certificates for her birth or marriage. So, she will submit supporting documents including affidavits from older relatives. Should she do a self-affidavit for her birth/marriage as well? Or, is that completely redundant?

Thanks.

Affidavits with all details, by your mother’s elderly and close relatives, two in each event (birth and marriage). Original Photographs of the marriage and it’s functions. Also death certificate of your dad which will have her name in it as spouse.

Comment

• Hello Friends

While buying the health insurance on the marketplace, it asks for income of the household. Since I am buying insurance only for my father, I am assuming that I should only include his income from India (pension, interest etc). Is that right?

Thanks
              Last edited by zakasbanda; 02-08-2023, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gorka View Post
                NVC scheduled appointment for my parents for March 10, we received an email from NVC regarding the interview on 01/23 but my parents in India has not received IL. How long does it take for US Embassy to send out letters.
                Now a days NVC only send emails, so your parents will not receive physical IL letter in mail.

Comment

• Originally posted by GeoMac View Post

Dear friends,
                  AS45 has rightly said that NVC will send email for interview date. That is official and valid document, so no need to wait for hard copy of IL. I think priority is in sending IL but rest of the formalities will remain same. A negligible correction in the statement of AS45 (hoping he won’t mind). The visa is valid for 6 months from the date it gets stamped in your passport. However, one should not wait till last days to travel because the Medical reports are valid for six months from the date of medical examination. Dear spreadpositivty, get medical of your mom ASAP so that you have enough time for any further check ups owing to her pre-existing illness. In any case it is understood that you will take your mom to the US as early as possible, upon getting visa. Biometrics can be done one day before interview. They will put a stamp on DS260 Confirmation page and give to you to carry to the interview as a proof of Biometrics done. Please note that Medical and Biometrics can be scheduled only after getting IL.
                  By the way, dear spreadpositivty, I saw for the first time in this forum that a case has been expedited by NVC on health grounds. Good. You have placed an example, a case of precedence for those who wish to expedite their case on health grounds.
                  Dear, I personally express all sympathies to you and your mom. Do not worry, God is great and He will take care of your mom and you. If you can, please read Phillipians 4:4-7 in Bible. That will give you tremendous confidence.
                  Dear Geomac,

In this forum, we all try to provide correct information and advice to the best of our ability. So any correction is always welcome as it is in the interest of our members. I am sure any member including me will be happy if misinterpretation or wrong advice are corrected. However I have noted that in my IR5 visa stamp, the date of issue is the date of interview but expiry date is based on 6 months from the date of medicals. I do not know that this an isolated case or it is same with everyone. Thank you for pointing out inaccuracy.

Comment

• Originally posted by GeoMac View Post

Affidavits with all details, by your mother’s elderly and close relatives, two in each event (birth and marriage). Original Photographs of the marriage and it’s functions. Also death certificate of your dad which will have her name in it as spouse.
                    Dear GeoMac,

Thank You for your answer. Two follow-up questions:

1. For the photographs of my parents marriage, do you suggest that we upload them in NVC while submitting other civil documents ? Or, is it sufficient to carry them only at the time of Consular Interview in future ?

2. So, there is no need to prepare self-affidavits, I guess ?

Best wishes.

Comment

• Hello All,

This may be off topic. My mom was approved for IR5 immigrant visa last month and we are making arrangements for her to move here to the US in the next couple of months.

I have been looking in to health insurance options for her once she is here and not able to get proper info. I am not sure whether Obamacare is an option or should I only be looking at private health insurance. Also not sure what the approximate monthly costs for Obamacare or private insurance is for someone aged 65+ in Texas. Appreciate if any member who has experience with this can provide any insights. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

AV

Comment

• Originally posted by h1bguy80 View Post
                        Hello All,

This may be off topic. My mom was approved for IR5 immigrant visa last month and we are making arrangements for her to move here to the US in the next couple of months.

I have been looking in to health insurance options for her once she is here and not able to get proper info. I am not sure whether Obamacare is an option or should I only be looking at private health insurance. Also not sure what the approximate monthly costs for Obamacare or private insurance is for someone aged 65+ in Texas. Appreciate if any member who has experience with this can provide any insights. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

AV
                        I am in the same boat and have no clue!

It is clear that your mother will not qualify for Medicare. As for Medicare one must be a resident for at least 5 years and have 40+ credit etc. She may be eligible for Medi-cal.

My biggest question is around household income. Can I just show my dad's income and buy insurance on Covered CA? Because if I add my income as part of the "household income" as well, the premiums are unaffordable. I am looking forward to the members in this group to share their experience.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Aviask2
                          Originally posted by GeoMac View Post

Dear GeoMac,

Thank You for your answer. Two follow-up questions:

1. For the photographs of my parents marriage, do you suggest that we upload them in NVC while submitting other civil documents ? Or, is it sufficient to carry them only at the time of Consular Interview in future ?

2. So, there is no need to prepare self-affidavits, I guess ?

Best wishes.

Dear Aviask2
                          If you can please up load the marriage pictures too. And the same can be carried at the interview as well. Please note that the original pictures make perfect impact.
                          Self affidavit is not required as close elder relatives have made affidavits.School leaving certificate, aadhar card ètc.should also be uploaded as supporting documents.

Comment

• Originally posted by AS45 View Post

Dear Geomac,

In this forum, we all try to provide correct information and advice to the best of our ability. So any correction is always welcome as it is in the interest of our members. I am sure any member including me will be happy if misinterpretation or wrong advice are corrected. However I have noted that in my IR5 visa stamp, the date of issue is the date of interview but expiry date is based on 6 months from the date of medicals. I do not know that this an isolated case or it is same with everyone. Thank you for pointing out inaccuracy.
                            Dear As45,

You are absolutely correct. The 6 months clock start form the medical completion date. My parents had their medical done on January 5 and their visa sticker has expiration date of July 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shanaya View Post

Dear As45,

You are absolutely correct. The 6 months clock start form the medical completion date. My parents had their medical done on January 5 and their visa sticker has expiration date of July 5.
                              Dear Shanaya

Thank you for confirming expiry date as I had interpreted. In this forum earlier, someone suggested to go for medicals as soon as you receive IL. Also as many receive IL about 2 months prior to interview date, as I had, someone suggested by doing so, you may be able to stick to your interview date in case of Sputum Test. But your interview appointment automatically gets cancelled in case of Sputum Test requirement. Hence those who are in the line to get IR5 visa, please remember your travel window to USA is 6 months from Medicals and 3 months from the result of Sputum test, as the case may be, irrespective of interview date or 221(G) issue.

Comment

• Hi All,

My mother is applying for PCC from local PSK. In the application form, there is a question about "Purpose for which PCC is required". Out of the given options, two seem relevant: "Immigration purposes other than citizenship" and "residence permit".

Does it matter which one we choose ? We are going to probably choose the second option, but if anyone did otherwise, feel free to advise.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X