Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Heer2020 View Post
    HI All - I have a Final Update

    My parents were approved the IV Visa yesterday! Finally ????

    Filed - April 2019
    DQ- June 2020

    Interview Email - 12/22/2021

    Interview Date -01/12/2022 (docs needed - interview letter, passport, birth cert (petitioner and applicant), marriage cert, PCC, DS260 with 2 photos)

    Medical appointment (Delhi) - 12/28/2021 (docs needed - passport, interview letter, appointment letter for medical centre, photos, medical history records, Fees)

    VAC (Delhi) - 01/04/2022 (docs needed- passport, DS260 confirmation page, 2 photos, interview letter)

    VAC (Mumbai) - 01/10/2022
    [I was not able to get fingerprint appointments for both my parents at one place so booked Delhi for one and Mumbai for second parent before the interview date.]

    Day of Interview - Entered embassy at 7:30am - Exit at 10:30am (average 3 hours wait, 5 min at the interview window)

    Questions asked - Who is sponsoring? Where does he live? Have you lived in any other country for more than a year?

    Documentss asked - Original Birth cert, marriage cert and PCC (Must be less than a year old)

    Extra documents or must haves just in case - Latest tax returns + w-2s, petitioners birth and marriage certs, old passports, DS260 Confirmation w photos

    I hope everyone process goes smooth for everyone and unite with your parents as soon as possible!! Good luck all!
    --------------------

    Congratulations ! What original documents of the Petitioner ( Birth certificate, etc. ) do they ask for ? Or otherwise, photocopies will do . Thanks

    Comment


    • Hi Everyone! My parents Visa was approved. Interview was at 8:30AM today Jan 14th.
      DQ on June 26th 2020
      Interview Letter on 22nd December 2021

      Reached at 8:05am for an 8:30am appointment. They kept us waiting for 10 minutes as I wanted to accompany my Dad who needs a wheel Chair. They provide wheel chairs. After the necessary permission was granted we went in and got a token by 8:35. Asked for a Telugu interpreter

      There were 15 windows
      17 & 18 were rooms with doors
      3 kinds of token were given

      My parents token no was A 105
      The other tokens
      G followed by numerals
      P followed by numerals

      There were around 50 people in the hall waiting for their turn. Token numbers appear on monitors.

      9:20 am document check
      Original Birth Certificate
      Original Marriage Certificate
      Original Police clearance
      Latest Tax Returns and W2
      We submitted both for the year 2020
      Also my mom's old passport was submitted because it had a valid US visa.

      10:10 am called for the interview with the Visa Officer.
      An Oath was taken
      Questions asked:
      Where does your daughter live?
      Have you been to the US before?
      Have you ever stayed more than 6 months in the US?
      Have you lived in another country for more than a year?
      (The above questions were also asked by the Indian guy while he checked the documents albeit in Telugu).
      Finger prints were taken.
      Originals returned
      Was told to pay the immigrant fee once we received passports. Printed sheet with Instructions was given.

      BTW my sister is the petitioner.

      Trivia: The guy checking the documents got confused and said my dad's affidavit had the wrong number, it was actually my mother's document.
      He said the marriage certificate needed an affidavit because he thought it was a certificate given by the church.

      They made a fuss to let me go in with my parents saying my mom will be able to push my Dad's wheel Chair.

      This group has been so helpful, informative and supportive.
      A big thank you to everyone

      Comment


      • Sir has anyone submitted affidavits for parents birth certificate,if yes is it possible to post a copy of affidavit for my reference.Thanks.

        Comment


        • To All the kind people on this Forum, I would like to give some update on the Police Clearance Certificate. { PCC }. We live in Goa and are DQ for the 19th August 2020. We had a PCC which has since been expired. We asked our lawyers whether we should await the NVC email to get the PCC or should we proceed and obtain the PCC. We were advised that since the email from the NVC and the actual Interview date has barely three weeks of time between the two dates, we should obtain the PCC.

          As such, we applied online on the 06th January 2022 and got a date at the Panaji Passport Office for today, the 14th January 2022 at 11.00 AM. We just had to carry our valid passports, one Xerox copy of each of the passports and our Aadhaar Card. The entire process took just one hour inside the passport office. Please opt for the sms services by paying additional Rs 50/ cash at the Passport Office. They give good updates on sms.
          The last time two years ago, we were handed over the PCC inside the Passport Office itself. Now, however the procedure has changed completely.
          We have to 1) Apply online at passportseva.com ; register with a User ID and password,
          2) Pay fees online and also take the appointment,
          3) Go on the appointment date and time and give the finger prints,
          4} A receipt will be given to you and your Police Clearance Certificate will come by Post to your residence. This way, your address gets verified by the Police Station, under whose
          jurisdiction your residence comes under.

          So basically, this is an advise to all to analyse when you are approximately expecting your NVC email for the Interview, Medicals & Biometrics. Keep at least one month to do the entire PCC process. The validity of your PCC is ONE YEAR, and therefore it would be nice if each one of you keep on checking on this forum, as all kind hearted people inform us about their DQ dates and the date when they have received the NVC email for the Interview.
          If you study these articles on this Forum carefully, you will be able to time your PCC to perfection.
          Wishing each one of you the very best and requesting the JULY 2020 DQ and August 2020 DQ, to please stay in touch with developments.
          With regards.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by JMS65 View Post
            Hi Everyone! My parents Visa was approved. Interview was at 8:30AM today Jan 14th.
            DQ on June 26th 2020
            Interview Letter on 22nd December 2021

            Reached at 8:05am for an 8:30am appointment. They kept us waiting for 10 minutes as I wanted to accompany my Dad who needs a wheel Chair. They provide wheel chairs. After the necessary permission was granted we went in and got a token by 8:35. Asked for a Telugu interpreter

            There were 15 windows
            17 & 18 were rooms with doors
            3 kinds of token were given

            My parents token no was A 105
            The other tokens
            G followed by numerals
            P followed by numerals

            There were around 50 people in the hall waiting for their turn. Token numbers appear on monitors.

            9:20 am document check
            Original Birth Certificate
            Original Marriage Certificate
            Original Police clearance
            Latest Tax Returns and W2
            We submitted both for the year 2020
            Also my mom's old passport was submitted because it had a valid US visa.

            10:10 am called for the interview with the Visa Officer.
            An Oath was taken
            Questions asked:
            Where does your daughter live?
            Have you been to the US before?
            Have you ever stayed more than 6 months in the US?
            Have you lived in another country for more than a year?
            (The above questions were also asked by the Indian guy while he checked the documents albeit in Telugu).
            Finger prints were taken.
            Originals returned
            Was told to pay the immigrant fee once we received passports. Printed sheet with Instructions was given.

            BTW my sister is the petitioner.

            Trivia: The guy checking the documents got confused and said my dad's affidavit had the wrong number, it was actually my mother's document.
            He said the marriage certificate needed an affidavit because he thought it was a certificate given by the church.

            They made a fuss to let me go in with my parents saying my mom will be able to push my Dad's wheel Chair.

            This group has been so helpful, informative and supportive.
            A big thank you to everyone
            TO, JMS65 :-
            Thank you for the wonderful and detailed description. You have truly made it so easy to understand. I must appreciate your visual intake of the things around you. For elderly people like us, it gives us confidence to face the situation, especially as we too have some or other health issues. Your efforts are truly appreciated. We wish your parents the very best and a safe journey whenever they decide to travel.
            Warm regards.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by JMS65 View Post
              Hi Everyone! My parents Visa was approved. Interview was at 8:30AM today Jan 14th.
              DQ on June 26th 2020
              Interview Letter on 22nd December 2021


              There were around 50 people in the hall waiting for their turn. Token numbers appear on monitors.

              9:20 am document check
              Original Birth Certificate
              Original Marriage Certificate
              Original Police clearance
              Latest Tax Returns and W2
              We submitted both for the year 2020
              Also my mom's old passport was submitted because it had a valid US visa.
              |
              A big thank you to everyone

              Thanks for the detailed update. Can you please confirm the Documents - Original Birth Certificate and ORiginal Marriage Certificate was for Parents or Petitioner. If it was parents can you share what document was submitted. Did you have original birth certificate or affidavit.

              Comment


              • STATE OF NEW YORK )



                COUNTY OF __________ )

                Affidavit of NAME

                BEFORE ME, the undersigned authority, on this day personally appeared NAME, who after being duly sworn, on oath, testifies as follows:

                “My name is Pratibha NAME. I am over the age of 18 and competent to make the following affidavit. I have personal knowledge of the facts herein.”

                I was born on DATE And currently reside at ADDRESS.

                1. I am closely related to Raman Rai. I am her RELATIONSHIP.

                2. Raman Rai was born on 5th of March, 1962 in India to FATHER and MOTHER.

                3. I have direct personal knowledge of the event and circumstances concerning the birth of Raman Rai because I am his RELATIONSHIP and was present when he was born OR have known him since he was young.

                4. Raman Rai birth was not registered because it was not prevalent at that time to register the birth of children.

                5. This affidavit is being submitted because the official record of birth is incomplete concerning Raman Rai



                What is stated above is true and correct to the best of my knowledge, information and belief.

                Further Affiant Sayeth Not.

                ________________________

                NAME

                Sworn and Subscribed to me on this ____ day of July 2020 by NAME.



                ________________________

                Notary Public

                ________________________

                County

                Comment


                • Sect8, the above is the sample affidavit you can use It should be signed and notarized and the person who is doing for your parents should be elder to your parents.

                  Comment


                  • Hello everyone someone with the DQ july 20 and 22 2020 received interview letter today.
                    interview date- 1 feb for DQ 20 july
                    2 feb for for DQ 22 july.
                    Last edited by Kd1925; 01-14-2022, 08:53 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ketankamdar View Post


                      Thanks for the detailed update. Can you please confirm the Documents - Original Birth Certificate and ORiginal Marriage Certificate was for Parents or Petitioner. If it was parents can you share what document was submitted. Did you have original birth certificate or affidavit.
                      Original Birth and marriage certificates of the parents.
                      My parents submitted A Non Availability Certificate of Birth alongwith an affidavit made by an older sibling/relative.
                      They had a marriage certificate from the church which was registered at Sub Registrar's office only recently. The certificate from the Registrar's office was submitted
                      Last edited by JMS65; 01-14-2022, 09:58 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by gharya54 View Post

                        TO, JMS65 :-
                        Thank you for the wonderful and detailed description. You have truly made it so easy to understand. I must appreciate your visual intake of the things around you. For elderly people like us, it gives us confidence to face the situation, especially as we too have some or other health issues. Your efforts are truly appreciated. We wish your parents the very best and a safe journey whenever they decide to travel.
                        Warm regards.
                        Thank you.
                        Also you are allowed to take water and dry snacks. Fyi

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Kd1925 View Post
                          Hello everyone someone with the DQ july 20 and 22 2020 received interview letter today.
                          interview date- 1 feb for DQ 20 july
                          2 feb for for DQ 22 july.
                          To,
                          Kd1925 :- Thank you for the update.
                          With regards.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by JMS65 View Post

                            Thank you.
                            Also you are allowed to take water and dry snacks. Fyi
                            To,
                            JMS65 :- Thank you for the information. Much appreciated.
                            With regards.

                            Comment


                            • HELLO -JMS65
                              Thank you for wonderful updates.

                              Can I get answers to my queries below?
                              Q1- My DQ is Nove2020 and my wife's DQ is Feb 2021.Hope we will be interviewed together as will be entering US together,
                              Q2-Do I need to upload new passport on CEAC portal ? OR I can carry for Interview only? I have uploaded on ASK NVC
                              Q3--Do we need to carry copies of documents submitted by Petitioner such as INCOMETAX AND AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT?
                              Q 4- Does petitioner have to upload latest INCOMETAX PAPERS FOR 2020? Earlier uploaded for 2019

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Sect8 View Post
                                Sir new to this forum.
                                Needs clarification regarding parent birth certificate.Is school certificate giving date of birth enough or additional documents required?

                                Hi,
                                I think if a person is born before 1970 school certificate with date of birth should be acceptable. I did the same for my father and it was accepted by NVC. I hope it will be acceptable to Mumbai Consulate too.

                                https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...try/India.html

                                Comment

                                {{modal[0].title}}

                                X

                                {{modal[0].content}}

                                {{promo.content}}

                                Working...
                                X