Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SG2020 View Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the PCC was one year old . Did the applicant not know this limit of one year ? This is why the PCC was not renewed or there was any other defect in the PCC ?
    The interview was at a very short notice. At some point of time on the NVC site the validity of the PCC was shown to be 2 years. So there was not enough time for getting the new PCC. We should plan to have a new PCC within the next few months. My and my wife's DQ date is March 23, 2021 and we plan to get the new PCC in late March. It takes 21 days to get the same.

Comment

• My In-laws completed Finger Printing appointment at Mumbai BKC. Overall it was smooth.
      Appointment was at 2 PM. They reached early at 1.15. At entrance they saw the VAC fingerprinting appt letter, temperature check (for COVID)
      Document were verified later in building (as listed below). They gave the full folder with all documents and they reviewed it and took document they needed.
      After security scanning, they were each given two different counters counter 11 and 15. Looks like multiple counters were open and there was no queue.
      At the counter they verified name, DOB, and few documents. Took fingerprinting and photos and stamped the DS 260 that it was completed and attached the photos to DS260 and told them to take it to actual interview
      They were outside at 1.30 (15 min total)

Documents they took
      1. Passport
      2. DS 260 confirmation (one pager)
      3. 2 Photos (not mentioned in the VAC appt letter)
      4. VAC fingerprinting appt.
      5. Actual Interview appt. email confirmation

As cell phone is not allowed, they had booked OLA cab and took OLA cab driver cell phone. At the VAC receptionist they requested to call OLA cab driver and they assisted them (as they did not take their cell phone). Cab driver came and they went back home.

At VAC everyone was very supportive and helpful esp. for elderly. They guide them if needed.

Now next is Medical on 20 Jan

Comment

• HI All - I have a Final Update

My parents were approved the IV Visa yesterday! Finally ????

Filed - April 2019
        DQ- June 2020

Interview Email - 12/22/2021

Interview Date -01/12/2022 (docs needed - interview letter, passport, birth cert (petitioner and applicant), marriage cert, PCC, DS260 with 2 photos)

Medical appointment (Delhi) - 12/28/2021 (docs needed - passport, interview letter, appointment letter for medical centre, photos, medical history records, Fees)

VAC (Delhi) - 01/04/2022 (docs needed- passport, DS260 confirmation page, 2 photos, interview letter)

VAC (Mumbai) - 01/10/2022
        [I was not able to get fingerprint appointments for both my parents at one place so booked Delhi for one and Mumbai for second parent before the interview date.]

Day of Interview - Entered embassy at 7:30am - Exit at 10:30am (average 3 hours wait, 5 min at the interview window)

Questions asked - Who is sponsoring? Where does he live? Have you lived in any other country for more than a year?

Documentss asked - Original Birth cert, marriage cert and PCC (Must be less than a year old)

Extra documents or must haves just in case - Latest tax returns + w-2s, petitioners birth and marriage certs, old passports, DS260 Confirmation w photos

I hope everyone process goes smooth for everyone and unite with your parents as soon as possible!! Good luck all!

Comment

• [QUOTE=Heer2020;n776248]HI All - I have a Final Update

Filed - April 2019
          DQ- June 2020

Congratulations!!! Thank you so much for the details.

Comment

• Congratulations to everyone who’s Parents Finally got Visa!!
            hoping to get my parents and all other remaining interview soon. Thank you for sharing such detailed information.

Comment

• Heer2020 Congratulations !!!

Can you please share when will your parents get visa . Do they have to pickup the Passport with Visa or it will be sent via courier.

Comment

• Hello,
                Please update any one get interviews date, after July DQ date...
                My parents DQ on November

Comment

• Originally posted by Heer2020 View Post
                  HI All - I have a Final Update

Filed - April 2019
                  DQ- June 2020

Interview Date -01/12/2022 (docs needed - interview letter, passport, birth cert (petitioner and applicant), marriage cert, PCC, DS260 with 2 photos)

Medical appointment (Delhi) - 12/28/2021 (docs needed - passport, interview letter, appointment letter for medical centre, photos, medical history records, Fees)

VAC (Delhi) - 01/04/2022 (docs needed- passport, DS260 confirmation page, 2 photos, interview letter)

[I was not able to get fingerprint appointments for both my parents at one place so booked Delhi for one and Mumbai for second parent before the interview date.]

Day of Interview - Entered embassy at 7:30am - Exit at 10:30am (average 3 hours wait, 5 min at the interview window)

Questions asked - Who is sponsoring? Where does he live? Have you lived in any other country for more than a year?

Documentss asked - Original Birth cert, marriage cert and PCC (Must be less than a year old)

Extra documents or must haves just in case - Latest tax returns + w-2s, petitioners birth and marriage certs, old passports, DS260 Confirmation w photos

I hope everyone process goes smooth for everyone and unite with your parents as soon as possible!! Good luck all!
                  Thanks Heer for sharing the details. You mentioned old passports, were your parents passport renewed recently after DQ ? Ad had u uploaded the new passport and PCC on the ceac website ? Worried that it might push back the DQ to now.

Comment

• Congratulations to everyone whose Visa's were approved! It must be such a relief.

Comment

• Originally posted by ketankamdar View Post
                      Heer2020 Congratulations !!!

Can you please share when will your parents get visa . Do they have to pickup the Passport with Visa or it will be sent via courier.
                      It will be sent via courier at the location selected during fingerprint appointment set up. On the letter they were given, it says within 3-5 business days.

I will post when the passports are in hand!

Thank you all!!

Comment

• Sir new to this forum.
                        Needs clarification regarding parent birth certificate.Is school certificate giving date of birth enough or additional documents required?
                        Last edited by Sect8; 01-13-2022, 08:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heer2020
                          HI All - I have a Final Update

Filed - April 2019
                          DQ- June 2020

Congratulations.
                          Could you please share some more information as to - How many total applicants came for the interview, how many senior peoples (IR-5) , how many young applicants (IR-1) , how many counters were actively open etc. etc. On the day ? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Sect8 View Post
                            Sir new to this forum.
                            Needs clarification regarding parent birth certificate.Is school certificate giving date of birth enough or additional documents required?
                            High School certificate is not accepted as proof of Birth. You need a birth certificate. In the absence of this document, you need three things, a non-availability certificate from the Office of Birth and Deaths, and two affidavits from people who could vouch that they are actually aware of the birth. Obviously the persons giving such notorized affidavits must be elder by about 10 years. For details refer to the US Immigration Services website.

Comment

• During medical test what vaccines are they administering? My parents don't have any vaccine records and I'm concerned the hospital will needlessly jab them.

Comment

• Heer2020

As you said above “Interview Date -01/12/2022 (docs needed - interview letter, passport, birth cert (petitioner and applicant), marriage cert, PCC, DS260 with 2 photos)”
                                As I am the Petitioner for my parents do I have to send them my original marriage certificate? Or copy will do?

Thanks in advance!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X