Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pk33 View Post
    For folks waiting on kemnm to respond -- I can share some perspective based on a similar data point (not my own but my friend's parents' case)
    + Documentarily qualified in Jan 2020
    + Interview was pending being scheduled during 2020 (i.e. wasn't scheduled and canceled) and received notification on Thu Apr 8 stating interview has been scheduled on May 8 at Mumbai consulate -- however, in the light of the Mumbai consulate shutdown, it would be get canceled

On a different note, I was look at the following twitter thread from the US consulate in India's official a/c -- -- people with family-based immigration cases are writing back asking Mumbai consulate to re-allocate family-based immigrant visa appointments to other consulates in India (eg. New Delhi, Hyderabad, etc). No response from the Twitter handle to these requests per se.

Wondering if anyone has tried and has had success with having an IR5 appointment scheduled at New Delhi?

Following the thread, I have requested for interview at New Delhi. No response from consulate.
    I could see couple of other similar suggestions/requests for change of place.
    Last edited by ceci1073; 04-14-2021, 10:17 AM. Reason: Link

Comment

Hello,
      Can someone guide me on how a biometric appointment can be scheduled for an IR5 applicant?

Comment

When I checked my status on ceac. State.gov. It’s say my case is expiring soon. What does mean that?

Comment

Hello folks, newbie here. I am also very interested in requesting a Delhi IR5 interview. Any success for anyone ?

Thanks a lot.
          Last edited by voy82; 05-10-2021, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Folks can someone let us know what is the current situation with getting IR5 interview at Mumbai consulate, also was anyone able to get interview location changed to New Delhi. Also I see questions about scheduling biometrics can that be done in New Delhi even if the interview is at Mumbai

Comment

Apparently there is some twitter thread on US consulate India's account where people have requested IR5 in Delhi. If someone can post a link to that twitter thread, that would be great, so others can also request there. Maybe they will consider it then.

Comment

Originally posted by murligolani View Post

Following the thread, I have requested for interview at New Delhi. No response from consulate.
                I could see couple of other similar suggestions/requests for change of place.
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------

You said that you have requested New Delhi Embassy for IR-5 interview in New Delhi . Could you please elaborate as to how you requested for . Is there any provision/option on NVC / CEAC website for this purpose or otherwise you simply sent an email for this . Thanks .

Comment

Some good news -- Mumbai consulate is resuming immigrant visa services starting June 7. Full details at https://in.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas.

On an unrelated topic, since I saw some posts mentioning about New Delhi -- for India, IR5 interviews are only handled at the Mumbai consulate

Comment

Originally posted by pk33 View Post
                    Some good news -- Mumbai consulate is resuming immigrant visa services starting June 7. Full details at https://in.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas.

On an unrelated topic, since I saw some posts mentioning about New Delhi -- for India, IR5 interviews are only handled at the Mumbai consulate
                    It is good news. Thanks for sharing.
                    Any idea when VAC, New Delhi is opening up for biometrics.

Comment

My mom is waiting for the interview slot from Mumbai .
                      would like to know if we can change the location from Mumbai to Chennai ?
                      Also is there any option that we can schedule the interview or we need to just wait from them ?
                      please anyone who have information kindly do share.
                      thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Ais123 View Post
                        My mom is waiting for the interview slot from Mumbai .
                        would like to know if we can change the location from Mumbai to Chennai ?
                        Also is there any option that we can schedule the interview or we need to just wait from them ?
                        please anyone who have information kindly do share.
                        thanks
                        Can you let me know when did you receive documents verified email from NVC , I am about to submit documents for my mom and wanted to see what sort of time frame are we looking to get the email and the approximate wait for interview after that?

Comment

Looking to get some idea of how long the police clearance certificate took in Delhi ? Is it supposed to be provided right at the time of interview at passport seva kendra, or will there be police verification after that which can itself last several weeks ? thanks.

Comment

Deepaktiw, if you have submitted all required documents correctly, you will get message “documentary qualified”, then you will wait for interview call.

Comment

Has anyone got the interview scheduled in coming days to Mumbai consulate for family based petition visa? If so what is your DQ date? Trying to find out how long it will take for my family to get the interview from US Consulate?

Comment

hi…… actually my parents case documentry qualify in nov 2020 but no any update waiting for interview .. let me know also if anyone got interview .

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X