Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by voy82 View Post
    Looking to get some idea of how long the police clearance certificate took in Delhi ? Is it supposed to be provided right at the time of interview at passport seva kendra, or will there be police verification after that which can itself last several weeks ? thanks.
    If all papers are in order, its given right at the time of interview at PSK. Atleast in Mumbai.. At least we got it same day, once interview was over, the lady officer just printed the certificate and gave it to us..
    Our status is DC in June 2020, waiting for interview..

Comment

Originally posted by Ais123 View Post
      My mom is waiting for the interview slot from Mumbai .
      would like to know if we can change the location from Mumbai to Chennai ?
      Also is there any option that we can schedule the interview or we need to just wait from them ?
      please anyone who have information kindly do share.
      thanks

Comment

I am DQed on August 6, 2020. Awaiting interview letter. I am from Chennai.

Comment

Has anyone gone through visa interviews at Mumbai or any other consulate for family based visas in month of June-2021? If so what was your DQ date? This can give may of us an idea on how long it will take for other people to get interview. Thank you so much.

Comment

This forum has been quite helpful in getting information and what to expect while going through the IR5 process. To pay back, I am posting my timeline, which in turn may help other folks. My IR5 case was in Mumbai consulate.
            • Filed for I-130 in Dec 2018
            • I-130 approved Jul, 2019
            • NVC received the petitions Aug end, 2019
            • Completed the Immigrant Visa application, paid fees and provided supporting documents on the ceac.state.gov. All documents Accepted on Nov, 2019
            • Documentarily Qualified (Documents approved) Jan 15, 2020
            • <Pandemic delay>
            • Received email on Apr 9, 2021 from NVC scheduling Visa appointment for May 6, 2021
            • Re-applied for Police Certificate (previous one expired), Got Medical appointment and Biometrics appointment
            • Cancellation of visa appointment by Mumbai IV (due to second wave of Pandemic) April 15, 2021
            • We cancelled Medical appointment - Kept the Police certificate appointment and Biometrics appointment
            • Received email from Mumbai consulate that reschedule Biometrics and visa interview appointments under All Immigrant or Diversity Visas category April 22, 2021
            • Police Certificate took a month (again due to lockdown and police enquiry). Went to office on April 12th. Received on May 11th.
            • Biometrics appointment completed on May 4, 2021
            • <Waiting for appointment slots>
            • Got consular interview appointment slots for Jun 30, 2021 June 2, 2021
            • Medical appointment completed on June 18, 2021
            • Visa interview completed and approved June 30, 2021
            Hope this helps

Comment

Also waiting on IR5 interview scheduling. Posting my timeline below

Priority date - May 3rd, 2019
              NVC case creation - Nov 9th, 2019
              Documentarily Qualified - April 22, 2020

No changes since being DQ'd. Will post any updates here

Comment

Originally posted by VBee View Post
                This forum has been quite helpful in getting information and what to expect while going through the IR5 process. To pay back, I am posting my timeline, which in turn may help other folks. My IR5 case was in Mumbai consulate.
                • Completed the Immigrant Visa application, paid fees and provided supporting documents on the ceac.state.gov. All documents Accepted on Nov, 2019
                • <Pandemic delay>
                • Received email on Apr 9, 2021 from NVC scheduling Visa appointment for May 6, 2021
                • Re-applied for Police Certificate (previous one expired), Got Medical appointment and Biometrics appointment
                • Cancellation of visa appointment by Mumbai IV (due to second wave of Pandemic) April 15, 2021
                • We cancelled Medical appointment - Kept the Police certificate appointment and Biometrics appointment
                • Received email from Mumbai consulate that reschedule Biometrics and visa interview appointments under All Immigrant or Diversity Visas category April 22, 2021
                • Police Certificate took a month (again due to lockdown and police enquiry). Went to office on April 12th. Received on May 11th.
                Hope this helps
                Hi VBee, thanks for posting your timeline, very helpful. To confirm, NVC only schedules the visa appointment and not the Biometrics, is that right? Can you provide any details on the process for scheduling Biometrics appointment?

Curious if anyone has scheduled Biometics appointment at another consulate than Mumbai. Understand that all IR5 interviews must take place in Mumbai but I would prefer to schedule Biometrics in Delhi

Comment

• <Pandemic delay>
                  Hope this helps
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations . My DQ date is in Oct.2020 . Awaiting communication from NVC / Consulate . Anyone with DQ date in Oct.2020 ?

Comment

Hello all,

I was wondering if you can please share your thoughts/experiences on the situation below.

My parents got their visa approved in Mumbai for IR5 in March of 2020. My dad received his visa, but my mom was asked to come back for retaking her finger prints since they did not get it right the first time. My mom did not receive her approved visa stamp and my dad could not travel and his visa expired should we reschedule an appointment again ourselves or call the NVC to schedule the visa appointment again?

Kindly let me know your thoughts please!

Thank you!

Comment

Hello everyone,
                      First of all, this is extremely beneficial forum, so thanks to everyone for sharing.

Can somebody provide their experience with expired IR5 visas. My parents attended the visa appointment in Mumbai on 10Jan 2020 and got their visa. Since covid hit, they couldn't travel so the visas are now expired.
                      We have trying to get feedback from usatraveldocs but no helpful response.
                      If you are in similar boat can you share your experiences.

​​​​​​​Thanks

Comment

Also waiting on IR5 interview scheduling. Posting my timeline below

Priority date - July 23rd, 2019
                        NVC case creation - Feb 18th, 2020
                        Documentarily Qualified - June 16, 2020

No changes since being DQ'd. Will post any updates here

Comment

Did anyone get interview scheduled at Mumbai consulate for IR5 recently? My parents petition was documentary qualified by NVC in August 2020 and haven’t received anything yet. Few of my relatives in the same category whose DQ in January 2020 got e- notification from them that their interview will be scheduled in next 30 days.
                          please provide any latest information. Thanks !!

Comment

My parents case was documentarily approved as of Aug 2020 haven’t seen any update post that…has Mumbai embassy started scheduling IR5 interviews? If I call my parents to USA on visitors visa can they complete the process in US?

Comment

• <Pandemic delay>
                              Hope this helps

Comment

Hi....my mother consular interview is scheduled for July 22 at Mumbai . We got the biometric and medical done in Mumbai and now waiting for PCC which was applied in July 6 and unlikely to be available before July 22.
                                I have been desperately trying to reschedule but I do not see any option for re scheduling the consular interview at Mumbai on the site at all . Can someone help me immediately , I am short of time and do not know what to do

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X