Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi
    I am also waiting for NVC interview for my parents for IR5 category.
    Priority date: 22 August 2019
    DQ: 2 July 2020

Did anyone get interview date around these dates?

Thank You!

Comment

• @Renukaa
      Did your parents had the interview? Please share their experience. My father is also very aged and do not have much help. He didn't get the interview yet. I also have same kind of worries.
      This will help me a lot. Thank you

Comment

• Hi There,
        My DQ completion date is in March 2020. Still waiting for the interview. Received two letters of waiting for 60 days since March 2021. Last one was month ago. Anyone with DQ in March and got interview date at Mumbai Consulate? Please share your timelines.

-Race100

Comment

• Thank you Race100 for sharing about the 60-day notices. It gives us folks behind you an idea to set our expectations. Have you checked your case status here: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx ? Apparently, it will show as "At NVC" (waiting after DQ) or "In Transit" (being sent to consulate) or "Ready" (will be scheduled very soon or scheduled) depending on how close one's case is to the interview scheduling. Please can you check and let us know? Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Race100 View Post
            Hi There,
            My DQ completion date is in March 2020. Still waiting for the interview. Received two letters of waiting for 60 days since March 2021. Last one was month ago. Anyone with DQ in March and got interview date at Mumbai Consulate? Please share your timelines.

-Race100
            If you had interview date and then cancelled by consulate due to COVID lock down, then I am afraid you will need to re-schedule the interview yourself. What was the information in those two letters?

Comment

• Race100 and runin2us, what is the 60 day notice? Our priority date is Dec 2018, DQ March 2020 and case is still at NVC. Also, has anyone DQ in Feb or March seen their status updated to in transit or ready? Thanks in advance!

Comment

• As per my understanding from social media posts, many applicants are receiving one or multiple "60-day notice" when their case is close to being scheduled. Apparently notice says that their case will be soon scheduled. However, I hear that not everyone is receiving this notice.
                I have not heard of any Feb DQs, but for those in March (Race100) there seems to be some hint of movement.

Folks with March/April DQ please share your exact dates, and any receipt of 60-day or interview notices. Thanks.

Comment

• Thanks runin2us. March 6 DQ here. What other social media forums are tracking IR5 status?

Comment

• Folks this is the wording from letter. ".....Your petition is awaiting an interview appointment. At this time, no further action is required. We appreciate your patience." But I am hearing this since March 2021. Any Feb or March DQ date got interview?

Comment

• Hello everyone,
                      I am also waiting for visa interview for my parents under IR-5 Category
                      Priority Date : June 2019
                      DQ Date : May 2020

If someone can please help me out, the PCC is expired? so do we get a new PCC certificate and take it along when the interview is scheduled ?

Thankyou for all the informations in the forum. Really useful.

Comment

• I'm also waiting for my parents interview.
                        DQ date is Mar 30, 2020
                        Have not received any 60 day notices. Their case status still shows as At NVC.

My parents PCC is also expired. They have just re-applied and they are planning to take it with them to interview, unless we are asked to provide it before that.

Comment

• Priority Date: Sept 2018,
                          DQ Jan 2020.
                          2021 April Interview cancelled due to covid. No email for IV from Mumbai. They say to check slot regularly under expedite IV. No slot available, checking for 40 days.
                          No 60 day notice received. Police Clearance approaching 1 year.
                          Anybody know how to get a slot? or even when to check? This is ridiculous from Mumbai Embassy that slots are open game.

Comment

• Anar2020, please share any update if you get an interview call.
                            We are also waiting for our case to move from NVC->Mumbai Consulate with a DQ date of March 2020. No news about an interview as yet .
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by anar2020 View Post
                            I'm also waiting for my parents interview.
                            DQ date is Mar 30, 2020
                            Have not received any 60 day notices. Their case status still shows as At NVC.

My parents PCC is also expired. They have just re-applied and they are planning to take it with them to interview, unless we are asked to provide it before that.

Comment

• What is the DQ date of any one going for IR5 VI in current month

Comment

• Hi,

I am late entrant to this group but got lot of information. here are some questions I have.

Priority Date: 22 Nov 2019
                                DQ Date: 05 Jan 2021

Based on every body's posts I understood that DQ date is more important in getting an interview date scheduled by NVC rather than the Priority date, please confirm if my understanding is correct.

By looking at other members posts that even with DQ date of March 2020 has no interviews scheduled yet so based on that I am assuming it might take 6 or more months to get my parents interview date scheduled by NVC, since my DQ date is 05 Jan 2021.Considering this situation I am thinking to ask my parents to visit USA for a period of 6 month (they have a valid visiting visa), Will it be a problem if they visit USA while their IR5 case is pending, please suggest.

Thanks in Advance
                                Kris

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X