Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kla1289 View Post

yes, on cgifedral it shows consulate appointment to 24th June 2022. While scheduling new appointment in cgifedral and selecting location, visa type, personal details with case no. and confirmation, at the end it shows option to schedule consulate appointment and there is no biometrics or fingerprinting option.

My father got IL on 23th May. I have sent email to support-india ustraveldocs. Waiting for their reply.
    Could you please do me a favor; login to this link : https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTrack...us.aspx?App=IV and let me know what is the status of your case.

For me it says :

U.S. Department of State
    IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
    In Transit
    Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center.

Your help is greatly appreciated...

Comment

• Originally posted by kla1289 View Post

yes, on cgifedral it shows consulate appointment to 24th June 2022. While scheduling new appointment in cgifedral and selecting location, visa type, personal details with case no. and confirmation, at the end it shows option to schedule consulate appointment and there is no biometrics or fingerprinting option.

My father got IL on 23th May. I have sent email to support-india ustraveldocs. Waiting for their reply.
      have you expedite your case? I have heard those who applied for expedite and got approval they can only schedule their IV interview. Otherwise there is no way we can schedule US consulate appointment by ourself, If your case is in Mumbai then you can call them, they are very helpful.

Comment

• Originally posted by tooolong View Post

Could you please do me a favor; login to this link : https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTrack...us.aspx?App=IV and let me know what is the status of your case.

For me it says :

U.S. Department of State
        IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
        In Transit
        Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center.

Your help is greatly appreciated...
        Same as above

Comment

• Originally posted by Forparents96 View Post

have you expedite your case? I have heard those who applied for expedite and got approval they can only schedule their IV interview. Otherwise there is no way we can schedule US consulate appointment by ourself, If your case is in Mumbai then you can call them, they are very helpful.
          No

Comment

• Originally posted by tooolong View Post

This is very strange for me. I only see option to schedule Biometrics. I was told by the ustraveldocs folks that they can only talk about rescheduling once my mom's file is received by Mumbai from NVC.
            I have reached out to ustraveldocs and raised case for this issue.

They will reply in 24 to 48 hrs. Did you create new email id for login to https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/ and did you use petitioner's or applicant's email id for login? I'm thinking there might be some issue with cgifedral account
            Last edited by kla1289; 05-26-2022, 11:04 PM.

Comment

• Dear all, I have a question, My parents completed their VAC appointment last weak. I just login to see CGI federal site, on the Dashboard is says " Your passport is still with US Embassy/Consulate"
              The thing is during the VAC interview they did not take any thing, they just gave back DS260 confirmation page with a stamp. Returned their passport immediately. Anyone is in same situation like ours? Is this normal?

Comment

• Originally posted by Forparents96 View Post
                Dear all, I have a question, My parents completed their VAC appointment last weak. I just login to see CGI federal site, on the Dashboard is says " Your passport is still with US Embassy/Consulate"
                The thing is during the VAC interview they did not take any thing, they just gave back DS260 confirmation page with a stamp. Returned their passport immediately. Anyone is in same situation like ours? Is this normal?
                Dear Forparents96,
                During the finger printing they take the passports and the DS 260 confirmation page. After they are done, they will put a stamp on the DS-260 page and return along with the passport. This stamped paper needs to be taken to the interview. I would not worry about what the website says. At least I have not checked on the CGI federal site. I wonder if anyone in this forum has done that. Best wishes.

Comment

• I wanted to know whether the Petitioner has to submit latest Affidavit of Support as financial document? Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by GeoMac

Hello sapnaanagol,
                    No new AoS has to be carried along or submitted. However, any new IT Returns IRS and W2 have to be carried along at the interview alongwith all those documents uploaded in ceac account
                    I think at this interview, the interviewing officer ascertains the genuinity of the beneficiary and verifies the documents uploaded earlier in ceac plus any new financial documents generated during the course of waiting period.

I think there is no point in worrying, sapnaanagol, however please take openions of some experts too please.
                    Thank you dear GeoMac,as usual your reply is very useful

Comment

• Hey,
                      Question may not be relevant for this forum topic .. appreciate if any one knows if there is a tracker or forum for Green card printing after arrival in to United states. i am hearing there is a backlog upto 12 months for printing.. If anyone can shed light on this .. greatly appreciated.

Yankee25

Comment

• I have question about covid test prior to US travel, Is Rapid RTPCR test accepted for US inbound passengers?

Comment

• Originally posted by yankee25 View Post
                          Hey,
                          Question may not be relevant for this forum topic .. appreciate if any one knows if there is a tracker or forum for Green card printing after arrival in to United states. i am hearing there is a backlog upto 12 months for printing.. If anyone can shed light on this .. greatly appreciated.

Yankee25
                          Dear yankee25,
                          my sister entered the US on Feb 23. SSN came in about 3 weeks and the GC in about 9 weeks. May be some other forum member can share their experience. I have no knowledge of a backlog. And what if, there is indeed a backlog. We cannot do anything but wait. I am not aware of a site where one could track the timeline.
                          best wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by sapnaanagol View Post
                            I wanted to know whether the Petitioner has to submit latest Affidavit of Support as financial document? Thank you
                            Dear sapnaanagol,
                            I think GeoMac has pretty much summed up everything. I can only reconfirm. Our interview is on June 10 and so we had an online meeting with our attorney in USA. She also told that there is no need to modify l-864 or even carry the same. However it is essential to carry printouts of tax returns of all the interim years and W2. She even suggested to carry the last two pay stubs. Best wishes

Comment

• Originally posted by AlienKanpur View Post

Dear sapnaanagol,
                              I think GeoMac has pretty much summed up everything. I can only reconfirm. Our interview is on June 10 and so we had an online meeting with our attorney in USA. She also told that there is no need to modify l-864 or even carry the same. However it is essential to carry printouts of tax returns of all the interim years and W2. She even suggested to carry the last two pay stubs. Best wishes
                              Thank you dear AleinKanpur.

Comment

• Hi
                                Can some one share their thoughts on 'Health insurance' requirements for immigrants like us ? Will there be a check at the time of entry to US?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X