Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today we had visa interview. Sharing the experience here. I will try to skip already repeated details in the forum.

1. We were in USA on visitor visa with a plan to return in Dec 22 as we expected IL by end Dec. But we received it in July for interview on Sept 26. We explored the option to reschedule for December. But there were no clear guidelines for the same. Helpline numbers were not much of a help. Ultimately decided to stick to the given date, booked Medical and VAC appointments and landed in Mumbai, our home city, on 14 September.

2. Medicals at Rele Clinic was on 16 September. When we called Rele Clinic from USA for appointment,we were told to call after 2 pm, but when informed that the call was from USA, they promptly responded and booked the date. Our appointment was at 9:30 am, but we reached early and received the token immediately. While giving the history, I mentioned having some lung issues and current medication for the same. I also informed him that I was carrying my earlier Chest X rays and CT scans.They assured me that, if required, Doctor would call for the reports and co-relate. Fortunately, my X ray was clear. Rest of the check up was also smooth. I was given 3 vaccines as I had Chickenpox in childhood. My wife was given all 4 vaccines. Side effects like pain and mild fever lasted for 2 days.

3. VAC on 19 September at Mumbai was as smooth as experienced by all.

4. Interview was on 26 September at 9 am. Reached by 8 am and waited till 8-45 am to be ushered in. Deposited one phone at the counter and went inside. Here the scene was same as described by many forum members.When called first time at the counter, we were asked for only passport, birth certificate(SSC passing certificate), PCC and marriage certificate for me and birth certificate(SSC passing certificate),PCC for my wife. We had filed Form i-864ez at NVC, although my daughter, the petitioner, and her husband file tax jointly. As one forum member had an issue about form i-864ez, we had additionally prepared form i-864 and i-864a and took along. But the lady behind the counter said the interview officer would ask if needed. She did not take any tax related form or documents. Then we were called for final interview with an american officer through an interpreter. Here the usual questions about my daughter,her job,her kids, maximum day of stay in USA etc apart from finger scanning. The interview lasted for about 5 minutes. No tax documents were asked.The officer then put a stamp on our passports, retained them and gave a sheet mentioning about further action for passport and immigration fees. I will update more after passport pick up.

5. My daughter and I had jointly filled and filed all immigration forms online without help of any lawyer. While filing online the instructions are pretty clear. In lieu of birth certificate, SSC passing or school leaving certificate is accepted which most of us could be having. Sometimes lawyer advise many unnecessary but costly affidavits or certificates which may never be asked to submit.The forum has been immensely helpful to clear many doubts and by correct inputs for flawless immigration journey. We are thankful to senior members like AlienKanpur, Geomac, Sapnaanagol and many others for their contribution.
    6. Last but not the least, while exiting after interview, Mr Anupam Kher, the film actor also exited from other section and walked out with us, all the time holding all exit doors for us and finally asked "Aap kab USA ja rahe ho? After our reply he wished all the best to us. A very humble gesture.

Comment

• [QUOTE=tooolong;n789180]

update : my mom had her visa interview today in Mumbai. I saw her text as soon as I woke up stating that the visa is approved and on checking the status on website, it has been updated to Issued. !Sigh!

thanks to all members of this forum who helped me all the way till now on this very brain draining process.

Few questions on next step, please - what’s next and how to follow ?

I am clear that her visa expiry would be around 3 months from sputum test result (which we can confirm on the visa stamp as soon as she gets passport)

1) will the status change from issued to something else showing the progress of passport ?
      2) what website to be used to track the status of passport. My mom has chosen to collect the passport from Delhi CGI center.
      3) when and how to pay the green card fees and how much ?

Thanks all once again.

pS: I will write full chronological events of steps and process in my mom’s case after she receives her passport. Few have already posted full details and their experience but my mom’s experience has been a bit different so the details may help someone ease their anxiety in future.[/QUOT
      You can track your status on : ceac visa status
      If you put on google search: Track Passport
      You will surely get the Passport with stamp within 4 to 20 days max depending on the holidays etc.Do not worry.​

Comment

• Originally posted by AS45 View Post
        Today we had visa interview. Sharing the experience here. I will try to skip already repeated details in the forum.

1. We were in USA on visitor visa with a plan to return in Dec 22 as we expected IL by end Dec. But we received it in July for interview on Sept 26. We explored the option to reschedule for December. But there were no clear guidelines for the same. Helpline numbers were not much of a help. Ultimately decided to stick to the given date, booked Medical and VAC appointments and landed in Mumbai, our home city, on 14 September.

2. Medicals at Rele Clinic was on 16 September. When we called Rele Clinic from USA for appointment,we were told to call after 2 pm, but when informed that the call was from USA, they promptly responded and booked the date. Our appointment was at 9:30 am, but we reached early and received the token immediately. While giving the history, I mentioned having some lung issues and current medication for the same. I also informed him that I was carrying my earlier Chest X rays and CT scans.They assured me that, if required, Doctor would call for the reports and co-relate. Fortunately, my X ray was clear. Rest of the check up was also smooth. I was given 3 vaccines as I had Chickenpox in childhood. My wife was given all 4 vaccines. Side effects like pain and mild fever lasted for 2 days.

4. Interview was on 26 September at 9 am. Reached by 8 am and waited till 8-45 am to be ushered in. Deposited one phone at the counter and went inside. Here the scene was same as described by many forum members.When called first time at the counter, we were asked for only passport, birth certificate(SSC passing certificate), PCC and marriage certificate for me and birth certificate(SSC passing certificate),PCC for my wife. We had filed Form i-864ez at NVC, although my daughter, the petitioner, and her husband file tax jointly. As one forum member had an issue about form i-864ez, we had additionally prepared form i-864 and i-864a and took along. But the lady behind the counter said the interview officer would ask if needed. She did not take any tax related form or documents. Then we were called for final interview with an american officer through an interpreter. Here the usual questions about my daughter,her job,her kids, maximum day of stay in USA etc apart from finger scanning. The interview lasted for about 5 minutes. No tax documents were asked.The officer then put a stamp on our passports, retained them and gave a sheet mentioning about further action for passport and immigration fees. I will update more after passport pick up.

5. My daughter and I had jointly filled and filed all immigration forms online without help of any lawyer. While filing online the instructions are pretty clear. In lieu of birth certificate, SSC passing or school leaving certificate is accepted which most of us could be having. Sometimes lawyer advise many unnecessary but costly affidavits or certificates which may never be asked to submit.The forum has been immensely helpful to clear many doubts and by correct inputs for flawless immigration journey. We are thankful to senior members like AlienKanpur, Geomac, Sapnaanagol and many others for their contribution.
        6. Last but not the least, while exiting after interview, Mr Anupam Kher, the film actor also exited from other section and walked out with us, all the time holding all exit doors for us and finally asked "Aap kab USA ja rahe ho? After our reply he wished all the best to us. A very humble gesture.

Very interesting & different! Congratulations!!
        The icing on the cake was eeting a great personality like Anipam Kher & getting best wishes from him!
        Best wishes from me too!

Comment

• Originally posted by cahaba View Post
          As part of my parents' green card process that I am sponsoring -- Police Clearance Appointment has been scheduled for this week at Pune Passport Office for my parents. The appointment is at center on Ghorpadi-Mundhwa Road, Opp. Ganga Orchid, Pune.

My parents live in Satara, Maharashtra.

Any experience with this process / certificate? Any tips or pointers?

Appreciate all your help!

Thanks!
          PCC is quite simple.
          Its done at the Passport office.Simple proceeding,nothing to worry.

Comment

Today we had visa interview. Sharing the experience here. I will try to skip already repeated details in the forum.

Dear AS45,
            Heartiest Congratulations for the approval of the immigrant visa. Your daughter would be a very relieved person now. Hopefully the passports will be received within this week or at most by coming Monday. Now prepare to meet your family. Best wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by cahaba View Post
              As part of my parents' green card process that I am sponsoring -- Police Clearance Appointment has been scheduled for this week at Pune Passport Office for my parents. The appointment is at center on Ghorpadi-Mundhwa Road, Opp. Ganga Orchid, Pune.

My parents live in Satara, Maharashtra.

Any experience with this process / certificate? Any tips or pointers?

Appreciate all your help!

Thanks!
              Dear cahaba,
              The PCC interview is a very routine process. It is identical to the Passport interview. After the interview a police verification would be ordered. After that the PCC will be issued. Ask your parents to opt for the SMS service by paying Rs. 50 each, in cash. This keeps you updated about all the steps. The PCC should generally be in their hands in less than four weeks of the interview.
              Best wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raj2022 View Post

Thanks AlienKanpur
                My mom enter July 20 2022. I also sand complete lsat week.
                Dear Raj2022,
                I am afraid, I don’t understand what you mean. If she entered on July 20, she would have received the SSN. The Green Card should reach her by Mid October. You can keep checking the status on the USCIS website. My wife’s status is still shown as Card being produced, whereas my status is card delivered case closed. There is nothing one can do before the 90 days window.
                just do not worry, it will come. Best wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by tooolong View Post

update : my mom had her visa interview today in Mumbai. I saw her text as soon as I woke up stating that the visa is approved and on checking the status on website, it has been updated to Issued. !Sigh!

thanks to all members of this forum who helped me all the way till now on this very brain draining process.

Few questions on next step, please - what’s next and how to follow ?

I am clear that her visa expiry would be around 3 months from sputum test result (which we can confirm on the visa stamp as soon as she gets passport)

1) will the status change from issued to something else showing the progress of passport ?
                  2) what website to be used to track the status of passport. My mom has chosen to collect the passport from Delhi CGI center.
                  3) when and how to pay the green card fees and how much ?

Thanks all once again.

pS: I will write full chronological events of steps and process in my mom’s case after she receives her passport. Few have already posted full details and their experience but my mom’s experience has been a bit different so the details may help someone ease their anxiety in future.
                  Dear tooolong,
                  Heartiest Congratulations for the approval of the immigrant visa and then the issue. All is well that ends well. You went through a long arduous journey. Your inputs will certainly help the members of this forum who are still waiting.
                  After the issue of visa, the passport will be delivered within a week. I recall that I had posted the links of two websites, one which shows the issue part, other one tracks the passport. I do not remember the links now. I am sure that you can search my posts in the forum.
                  Within the next three to four days you will receive a mail informing the tracking details.
                  Pay the $220 fee on the website mentioned on the approval paper given by the Consulate, a few days before the departure from India.
                  Best wishes

Comment

• Originally posted by sapnaanagol View Post

Very interesting & different! Congratulations!!
                    The icing on the cake was eeting a great personality like Anipam Kher & getting best wishes from him!
                    Best wishes from me too!
                    Thank you, Mam. And wish you all the happiness after clearing many stumbling blocks. You along with others have been rock solid guiding force to the forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlienKanpur View Post

Dear cahaba,
                      The PCC interview is a very routine process. It is identical to the Passport interview. After the interview a police verification would be ordered. After that the PCC will be issued. Ask your parents to opt for the SMS service by paying Rs. 50 each, in cash. This keeps you updated about all the steps. The PCC should generally be in their hands in less than four weeks of the interview.
                      Best wishes.
                      Dear AlienKanpur and Sapnaanagol,

For PCC, after attending the appointment at regional Passport Office, do we have to do anything? For example, does the local police station contact the applicant to visit there with id/residency documents ? Or, do they visit the applicant's residence to verify everything? I was reading in Google about some people posting their PCC application being stuck in the Official process for long, so felt worried as my mother will have to go through this process next year. If you share your personal experience (and how long it took), that will be of great help. I am hoping the procedure and timeframe are uniform across the Country, but that may not be correct. Thanks.
                      Last edited by Aviask2; 09-26-2022, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Hi AS45,

Congratulations and many thanks for your detailed post. Immensely helpful for future applicants like my mother. I have one question. In DS 260 form, applicant has to mention about previous US travel. In that case, if the applicant travels to US for a few months AFTER getting DQ'ed and returns before the Interview, is there any need to update that information in DS 260 to include the recentmost travel? (I have read that, after one submits DS 260, updatng is possible only by requesting NVC to re-open it. I may be wrong). Your experience on this will be of great help.

Comment

• To AlienKanpur
                          I need your advice. Interview of my parents is next month. I have today uploaded my tax return and W2 for the year 2021 in CEAC document site. I have only uploaded these documents and have not pressed ‘submit’ button. My question is should I press ‘submit’ button also?

Comment

• Originally posted by sumanbehl View Post
                            To AlienKanpur
                            I need your advice. Interview of my parents is next month. I have today uploaded my tax return and W2 for the year 2021 in CEAC document site. I have only uploaded these documents and have not pressed ‘submit’ button. My question is should I press ‘submit’ button also?
                            Dear Sumanbehi,
                            yes press submit button .also sand your parents pdf file of Tex return to email so they can print out in case officer asked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aviask2 View Post

Hi AS45,

Congratulations and many thanks for your detailed post. Immensely helpful for future applicants like my mother. I have one question. In DS 260 form, applicant has to mention about previous US travel. In that case, if the applicant travels to US for a few months AFTER getting DQ'ed and returns before the Interview, is there any need to update that information in DS 260 to include the recentmost travel? (I have read that, after one submits DS 260, updatng is possible only by requesting NVC to re-open it. I may be wrong). Your experience on this will be of great help.

Dear Aviask2,
                              Many of us have travelled to US after getting DQ. I got DQ in March 2021. I was in USA from May 2, 2021 to October 17, 2021. There is no need to update the DS 260 form. As a matter of fact you will not be allowed to modify the form. During the interview you can be asked about your most recent visit to USA. This is not a matter of any concern at all.
                              Best wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by sumanbehl View Post
                                To AlienKanpur
                                Dear sumanbehl,
                                Your question has already been answered by Raj2022. Uploading is complete only after you press the submit button. Please do that and as suggested, please send soft copies to your parents. They must carry the print out of these documents.
                                Best wishes for a successful adjudication.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X