Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlienKanpur View Post
    ’s

Dear DD299,
    Every thing was identical in mine and my wife’s case. I have no inkling how my GC arrived in 38 days after entering USA. I sent some queries through the portal for my wife’s GC. There was a routine response after a month or so that it is under process. Finally it arrived. Why all this happened only the officials know. Best wishes if you are waiting for the GC to arrive. It will most certainly reach you within 90 days of entering USA.
    Thank you very much AlienKanpur.

Both my parents entered US with approved immigrant visa on 8th March and now we are waiting for GC to arrive. My dad had to go thru Sputum test (TB related) during medical in India as his chest X-Ray was not clear and thus mom and dad appeared in separate interview dates and got approval separately but both entered in US together. Did you or your spouse had to go thru Sputum test in India?

My father is asked to go thru entire TB test including Blood test, X-Ray and Sputum test here in US after arrival and again we will have to wait for 8 weeks to get results. So, I am not sure if that it will hold up his GC.

Also can you please share details on how to track their GC process online? I have never done that so not sure where to look for the same.

Really appreciate if you can help answering my questions.

Comment

Dear gc_check,
      There is no need to upload a fresh I-864. One already submitted will be fine. Uploading latest tax returns is very important. Do send the soft copies to the beneficiaries. They should carry the hard copies for the interview. Best wishes.
      Thank You!

Comment

• Originally posted by DD299 View Post

Both my parents entered US with approved immigrant visa on 8th March and now we are waiting for GC to arrive. My dad had to go thru Sputum test (TB related) during medical in India as his chest X-Ray was not clear and thus mom and dad appeared in separate interview dates and got approval separately but both entered in US together. Did you or your spouse had to go thru Sputum test in India?

My father is asked to go thru entire TB test including Blood test, X-Ray and Sputum test here in US after arrival and again we will have to wait for 8 weeks to get results. So, I am not sure if that it will hold up his GC.

Also can you please share details on how to track their GC process online? I have never done that so not sure where to look for the same.

You can track GC on https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus by using the receipt number of the fees of $ 220 paid for GC. Best wishes.​

Comment

• Hi Friends

First - good news. My father got his immigration visa approved yesterday. Thank you so much for all your help. I am forever indebted to some of you who spent so much time helping in this forum. I will post a detailed narrative of his experience so that others can get the help.

Right now, I have a couple of questions. My father got two very generic papers (1) says your visa is approved (2) informing about the fees to be paid as next step.

(1) He did not get any envelope/package. Is that normal?

(2) Will I get an email with a tracking number for the passport?

(3) Is there a deadline to pay the visa fees?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by zakasbanda View Post
            Hi Friends

First - good news. My father got his immigration visa approved yesterday. Thank you so much for all your help. I am forever indebted to some of you who spent so much time helping in this forum. I will post a detailed narrative of his experience so that others can get the help.

Right now, I have a couple of questions. My father got two very generic papers (1) says your visa is approved (2) informing about the fees to be paid as next step.

(1) He did not get any envelope/package. Is that normal?

(2) Will I get an email with a tracking number for the passport?

(3) Is there a deadline to pay the visa fees?

Thanks
            Congratulations.

(1) That is normal

(2) Yes after it arrives at pick up location.

(3) No. But please pay before his departure from India.

Comment

• AlienKanpur : Good evening Sir,
              We arrived SFO on 23rd March safely after attending the IR5 interview in Mumbai on 22nd December 2022. I have some doubts. It will be a great help if you guide us.
              1. When we will get SSN? or we need to apply?
              2. We are in California state. Going to apply Medi-cal insurance. So what are the documents we required to submit.​

Comment

• Originally posted by V1V2S View Post
                AlienKanpur : Good evening Sir,
                We arrived SFO on 23rd March safely after attending the IR5 interview in Mumbai on 22nd December 2022. I have some doubts. It will be a great help if you guide us.
                2. We are in California state. Going to apply Medi-cal insurance. So what are the documents we required to submit.​
                Heartiest Congratulations Dear V1V2S on entering USA as LPR. Welcome to USA.
                1. SSN will arrive itself within two weeks of your landing in USA. You have already applied for it when you were filling the DS-260 form.
                2. Once you get your SSN you can apply for the medical insurance. There is something called marketplace. Fill the form online and you can go from there. You will need some address proof. Some states accept the SSN. In our case we had to wait for the GC to arrive. Online portal will require your details of annual income.
                Best wishes .

Comment

• Originally posted by DD299 View Post

Dear DD299,
                  Heartiest congratulations, that your parents are with you. We were both lucky as our medical reports were all clear. But there are several cases in this forum who had to go through the sputum test in India and again in USA.
                  Your GC is already approved. These tests will not delay the arrival of the GC which can take anywhere from 35 to 90 days after entering US. The SSN would have already reached.
                  The tracking site has already been mentioned by another senior member of the forum Atmakur61 in the post number 3375. You will,just need the receipt number for the 220 dollar fee starting with LIN.
                  Best wishes

Comment

• Originally posted by V1V2S View Post
                    AlienKanpur : Good evening Sir,
                    Hello V1V2S,

We are new immigrants too and have managed to get Medi-Cal in California. You need to apply through Covered California website and submit proof of your income in India along with source like interest, dividend, rent, pension etc. We had provided copies of IT return, stock holding statements and bank statements. You may even call them and they help to file the application. You will get no cost or low cost insurance depending upon your income in India. Best wishes for new chapter of your life in USA.

Comment

• Hi Friends

As I prepare to bring my father here, based on your experience, would you suggest a list of "things to do" before he travels? Things such as what documents to prep/bring to apply for medical insurance... or what to do with bank accounts... income tax... about pension etc.

Thanks

Comment

Heartiest Congratulations Dear V1V2S on entering USA as LPR. Welcome to USA.
                        1. SSN will arrive itself within two weeks of your landing in USA. You have already applied for it when you were filling the DS-260 form.
                        2. Once you get your SSN you can apply for the medical insurance. There is something called marketplace. Fill the form online and you can go from there. You will need some address proof. Some states accept the SSN. In our case we had to wait for the GC to arrive. Online portal will require your details of annual income.
                        Best wishes .
                        Thanks a lot for your valuable guidance. Yes. We have already applied SSN when we were filling the DS-260 form. We will wait for SSN.

Comment

• Originally posted by AS45 View Post

Hello V1V2S,

We are new immigrants too and have managed to get Medi-Cal in California. You need to apply through Covered California website and submit proof of your income in India along with source like interest, dividend, rent, pension etc. We had provided copies of IT return, stock holding statements and bank statements. You may even call them and they help to file the application. You will get no cost or low cost insurance depending upon your income in India. Best wishes for new chapter of your life in USA.
                          Thanks a lot AS45. Happy to hear that you are living in California. Me and my wife are retired Govt. servants. As per your guidance we will proceed to apply Medi-Cal in California. Can we apply now or we have to wait for getting SSN? We have proof of our income like, last year's tax return copies and bank statements. Have a Good Day😀

Comment

• AS45 Thanks a lot AS45. Happy to hear that you are living in California. Me and my wife are retired Govt. servants. As per your guidance we will proceed to apply Medi-Cal in California. Can we apply now or we have to wait for getting SSN? We have proof of our income like, last year's tax return copies and bank statements. Have a Good Day😀

Comment

• Does Mumbai Consulate have a locker etc. to store mobile phones? Trying to figure out the logistics for my mom's interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by gc_check View Post
                                Does Mumbai Consulate have a locker etc. to store mobile phones? Trying to figure out the logistics for my mom's interview.
                                Yes, they have a manned cubicle. They charge Rs. 50 for every item that is deposited and they give you a token. Avoid taking too many electronic items. Even an iwatch will have be left behind.
                                best wishes

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X