Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone, if anyone who has gone through the sputum procedure can could help me with providing any kind of detail about the steps after the sputum procedure is done would be awesome!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by AutisticManChild View Post

Thank you so much.
      BTW medical report is sent directly to the consulate, right? We have not received any notification for picking up medical report.
      You are right. The medical report is directly uploaded to the consulate website. No question of any notification for picking up.

Comment

• Originally posted by mdhar View Post

My mother arrived in the US (San Francisco) on Jan 27. 30 days later we still had not received the SSN or GC.
        - I took her to the local social security administration office. She was not in the system so we applied based on the visa stamp in her passport. She received the SSN in the mail after 30 days.
        - There is no sign yet of the GC. It has been over 90 days. When I go to the site where I made the payment for the green card (https://my.uscis.gov/account/applicant) i only see this status - "January 10, 2023 Immigrant Visa Fee Payment Received"
        Does anyone know how to get an update on when she will receive the physical green card in the mail? Should I try to go to the local USCIS office?

Dear mdhar,
        It is indeed very surprising. This is almost a unique case for this forum. I do not remember to have heard of any case in this forum where the GC has taken so long. It is indeed high time that you contacted the USCIS. You must do so immediately.

View case status online using your receipt number, which can be found on notices that you may have received from USCIS. Also, sign up for Case Status Online to: . Receive automatic case status updates by email or text message, . View your case history and upcoming case activities, . Check the status of multiple cases and inquiries that you may have submitted to USCIS

check the status using this link.
        Last edited by AlienKanpur; 05-20-2023, 02:36 AM.

Comment

• Hello, my mother’s visa is approved and passport with visa delivered. We paid green card fees and one thing we noticed is that IOE number we received in payment confirmation email for green card is different. Is this normal? We did double check case and alien number from visa and paid fees. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by rxt View Post
            Hello, my mother’s visa is approved and passport with visa delivered. We paid green card fees and one thing we noticed is that IOE number we received in payment confirmation email for green card is different. Is this normal? We did double check case and alien number from visa and paid fees. Thanks
            heartiest congratulations.
            No issues. This number is always different. This is a very important number and you will be able to check the GC status using this number from the link I have posted a few days ago.
            Best wishes

Comment

• Originally posted by mdhar View Post

My mother arrived in the US (San Francisco) on Jan 27. 30 days later we still had not received the SSN or GC.
              - I took her to the local social security administration office. She was not in the system so we applied based on the visa stamp in her passport. She received the SSN in the mail after 30 days.
              - There is no sign yet of the GC. It has been over 90 days. When I go to the site where I made the payment for the green card (https://my.uscis.gov/account/applicant) i only see this status - "January 10, 2023 Immigrant Visa Fee Payment Received"
              Does anyone know how to get an update on when she will receive the physical green card in the mail? Should I try to go to the local USCIS office?

Hello mdhar,
              My Mom is in a similar situation - she arrived in US on April 19th and has not yet received her SS card. We will likely take her to the local SSA office to find out more. What documents did they ask for (besides the stamped passport)? She is still waiting for her GC but at least the USCIS website indicates that the card is being produced. So that’s a good sign!
              Thanks and good luck with the GC issue.

Comment

• I think in Texas you have to visit SSN office and apply, it doesn’t come directly, anyone who has landed on Texas Pl confirm

Comment

• For those needing to reschedule after the sputum test results are received, how long has it typically taken to get a rescheduled interview appointment? The system keeps showing no appointments available. Are there preferred times of day to try and search for appointments?
                  Thank you.

Comment

• Hi everyone , just wanted to update on our case we received IL today for July 27 at Mumbai for my mother and the DQ date was Dec 3 , 2022

I tried to make an appointment for VAC on cgifederal but A travel agent had already made an account for my mom in 2019 when she applied for tourist visa which I wasn’t aware and now they’re being merged and they told me they’ll contact me via email .when the transfer is complete.

I have a question regarding tax return for 2022 . We file taxes jointly me and my husband and since we have business and his name is in the business we usually file tax extension and file last years taxes in august /September . Personal and business both .

so for interview I have a tax extension letter I hope it’s enough and they won’t actually ask for tax transcripts/ return for 2022 . We have submitted all tax transcripts/returns W-2 and necessary documents till 2021 .

anyone went for the interview recently with tax extension letter ? Id be grateful if you’d share your experience . Thanks in advance

Comment

• Originally posted by Jasmeetkben View Post
                      Hi everyone , just wanted to update on our case we received IL today for July 27 at Mumbai for my mother and the DQ date was Dec 3 , 2022

I tried to make an appointment for VAC on cgifederal but A travel agent had already made an account for my mom in 2019 when she applied for tourist visa which I wasn’t aware and now they’re being merged and they told me they’ll contact me via email .when the transfer is complete.

I have a question regarding tax return for 2022 . We file taxes jointly me and my husband and since we have business and his name is in the business we usually file tax extension and file last years taxes in august /September . Personal and business both .

so for interview I have a tax extension letter I hope it’s enough and they won’t actually ask for tax transcripts/ return for 2022 . We have submitted all tax transcripts/returns W-2 and necessary documents till 2021 .

anyone went for the interview recently with tax extension letter ? Id be grateful if you’d share your experience . Thanks in advance
                      I was in the same situation. Mother had interview on May 9th. the officer did not ask for any tax documents. HTH.

Comment

• Just wanted to give an update, my in-laws got approved for visa earlier today. They were asked just basic questions about their kid and their family. Thank you all for taking the time to answer any and all questions as well as providing very useful resources along the way.

Comment

• [QUOTE=AutisticManChild;n798635]Just wanted to give an update, my in-laws got approved for visa earlier today. They were asked just basic questions about their kid and their family. Thank you all for taking the time to answer any and all questions as well as providing very useful resources along the way.[/ક્યુઓટસ

Congratulations. Very good news. How many months it took from DQD?

Comment

• Originally posted by AlienKanpur View Post

Dear mdhar,
                            It is indeed very surprising. This is almost a unique case for this forum. I do not remember to have heard of any case in this forum where the GC has taken so long. It is indeed high time that you contacted the USCIS. You must do so immediately.

View case status online using your receipt number, which can be found on notices that you may have received from USCIS. Also, sign up for Case Status Online to: . Receive automatic case status updates by email or text message, . View your case history and upcoming case activities, . Check the status of multiple cases and inquiries that you may have submitted to USCIS

check the status using this link.
                            Thanks for your advise. I contacted USCIS and was able to talk to someone. The officer at immigration did not take the sealed envelope from her even though she showed it to him. I think this might have caused a delay in processing her file as this packet is missing. Thats my only explanation for the delay. I have to wait another 30 days to get a response to the erequest that I made on their site. Frustrating as its already been 120 days and there is no clear answer yet.

Comment

• Hi all, question on after getting green card how long you can stay outside USA? In my case I am thinking 7 months staying in India , will that be any issues when coming back to USA? Anyone has similar experience please share.

Comment

• Originally posted by AutisticManChild View Post
                                Just wanted to give an update, my in-laws got approved for visa earlier today. They were asked just basic questions about their kid and their family. Thank you all for taking the time to answer any and all questions as well as providing very useful resources along the way.
                                Heartiest Congratulations. Best wishes. Now plan for the next phase of their life.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X