Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Forparents96 View Post
    Hi all, question on after getting green card how long you can stay outside USA? In my case I am thinking 7 months staying in India , will that be any issues when coming back to USA? Anyone has similar experience please share.
    Dear ForParents96,
    There are two clauses to watch. The first one is that one has to spend more than 183 days in USA in a calendar year. That basically means six months. The second clause is that one cannot be away from the US for more than six months. As per the guidelines available on the NVC website if you stay out of USA for more that six than in general the entry to USA will not be denied. But the border control can certainly ask questions. However if one stays away for more than one year without permission, it will be assumed that one has abandoned the Green Card and the entry will be denied.
    I will strongly discourage staying seven months out of USA. Best wishes.

Comment

• [QUOTE=GeoMac;n798637]
      Originally posted by AutisticManChild View Post
      Just wanted to give an update, my in-laws got approved for visa earlier today. They were asked just basic questions about their kid and their family. Thank you all for taking the time to answer any and all questions as well as providing very useful resources along the way.[/ક્યુઓટસ

Congratulations. Very good news. How many months it took from DQD?
      Thank you!! I think our documentarily qualified date was last October. In mid-March, we got the notice for interview and interview was this week. Now we are waiting on passports.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlienKanpur View Post

Heartiest Congratulations. Best wishes. Now plan for the next phase of their life.
        Thank you!!

do you have any official link that talks about those two clauses that you mentioned in your previous post? I would like to share this with my relatives.

Comment

• Hello forum members,

I hope you are doing well. I recently encountered an issue while submitting my I-864 form, along with the required tax documents and proof of citizenship. After successfully uploading the additional requested documents, I encountered a problem with the submission process. Specifically, when I click on the 'Submit Documents' button, nothing happens.

I am seeking your assistance in resolving this issue. If any of you have experienced a similar problem or have insights on how to overcome it, I would greatly appreciate your guidance. Your support and advice would be immensely valuable to me. Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.
          ​​​
          Last edited by kjr; 05-26-2023, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Dear ForParents96,
            There are two clauses to watch. The first one is that one has to spend more than 183 days in USA in a calendar year. That basically means six months. The second clause is that one cannot be away from the US for more than six months. As per the guidelines available on the NVC website if you stay out of USA for more that six than in general the entry to USA will not be denied. But the border control can certainly ask questions. However if one stays away for more than one year without permission, it will be assumed that one has abandoned the Green Card and the entry will be denied.
            I will strongly discourage staying seven months out of USA. Best wishes.
            AlienKanpur thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by AutisticManChild View Post
              Thank you!!

do you have any official link that talks about those two clauses that you mentioned in your previous post? I would like to share this with my relatives.
              One can do a Google search. Or go to the USCIS website and you will find all that I have stated. Best wishes.

one such link is:
              Last edited by AlienKanpur; 05-27-2023, 08:13 AM.

Comment

• Hello friends, Need an advice. My Mother-In-Law case got DQ in this month and by going through comments from many of resected members here, we are anticipating her interview by end of this year (Nov/Dec 2023). We filed her case in Feb 2021. She had Police Clerance Certificate in the month of Oct 2021. I understand that PCC validity is 2 years. Just thought of checking with other members experience and advise if we need to get the new one or consulate can consider the previous one which is approx. 2 years old. Please share your experience if anyone has encountered similar situation. Thanks for all your support and guidance!!

Comment

• Originally posted by agupta2k View Post
                  Hello friends, Need an advice. My Mother-In-Law case got DQ in this month and by going through comments from many of resected members here, we are anticipating her interview by end of this year (Nov/Dec 2023). We filed her case in Feb 2021. She had Police Clerance Certificate in the month of Oct 2021. I understand that PCC validity is 2 years. Just thought of checking with other members experience and advise if we need to get the new one or consulate can consider the previous one which is approx. 2 years old. Please share your experience if anyone has encountered similar situation. Thanks for all your support and guidance!!
                  PCC needs to be valid on the date of the interview. So if the interview date is on or before October 23, you’ll be good. Best option is to start the process to get another PCC now.

Comment

• My MOM's DQ date Dec 27th 2022 and still waiting IL, when i can get IL any suggestion?

Comment

One can do a Google search. Or go to the USCIS website and you will find all that I have stated. Best wishes.

one such link is:
                      https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/aft...anent-resident
                      Thanks! That's helpful!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shyam84 View Post
                        My MOM's DQ date Dec 27th 2022 and still waiting IL, when i can get IL any suggestion?
                        Our DQ date was early October '22 and we got interview notification in mid-March '23. Hope that helps.

Comment

Our DQ date was early October '22 and we got interview notification in mid-March '23. Hope that helps.
                          Thank you ,That's big help

Comment

• Originally posted by Shyam84 View Post
                            My MOM's DQ date Dec 27th 2022 and still waiting IL, when i can get IL any suggestion?
                            Dear Shyam84,
                            the manner in which the things are moving at NVC, the IL should be coming out this month, I mean June, or latest in July. Now a days one gets almost six weeks time for the interview. Best wishes. Keep the forum informed.

Comment

• Are we supposed to get any other document besides US visa? Do the relatives need their medical report to enter the US? They haven't got it yet.

EDIT: I think the answer is no. My relatives' visa says IV Docs in CCD which, according to the sheet consulate gave them, means they only need to carry their passport to enter the US. They won't receive any immigration package. Can someone please confirm? Thank you!
                              Last edited by AutisticManChild; 05-31-2023, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Are we supposed to get any other document besides US visa? Do the relatives need their medical report to enter the US? They haven't got it yet.

EDIT: I think the answer is no. My relatives' visa says IV Docs in CCD which, according to the sheet consulate gave them, means they only need to carry their passport to enter the US. They won't receive any immigration package. Can someone please confirm? Thank you!
                                Dear AutisticManChild,
                                Technically and also practically, only the US visa is required for entry. 99.99 percent, only passport will be needed. Medical report is already uploaded and obviously one cannot carry the same. However, all of us who entered USA on the Immigrant visa carried all the originals which we took at the time of interview. One can never predict what the border control person may ask for. Technically they have the right to examine all the supporting documents. But so far, no one has ever reported in this forum about any such issue. Best wishes.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X