want to chang my viza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• want to chang my viza

i am on H4 i want to change my viza in to student viza. but i have one problem that is my husband on H1 viza but he did not get his job. so i am confuse abot my study.

What do you mean he did not get his job?
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

pl help me

[QUOTE=yp210605;190247]i am on H4 i want to change my viza in to student viza. but i have one problem that is my husband on H1 viza but when we come in usa at that time his company said they dont have any job for him . we have all legal paper. but do not know anything so we live at my sister's house so i am confuse abot my study.

Comment

So, here the thing is first your husband should be on job if he is on h1. He is working or not, but his employer should pay him, legally, he should be getting paystubs. so, first make it clear that he is getting pay and paystubs every month? Otherwise he will be considered as out of status. So, if he is out of status then on h4 you will be also out of status.
        So, first make things clear from your end, and post detailed and clear question, then we would be at better end to help you.

[Note:- I am sharing my views, contact your attorney for the best advice.]

Comment

If the employer has already revoked the H1B petition, then both you and your husband are out of status. When you are out of status, COS to F1 is not possible.

If the employer hasn't revoked the H1B yet, then your husband need to get paid even if there is no project assigned. If not, you can complain to DOL and make them pay. If the employer has revoked the H1B petition, then they are supposed to pay for the return trip.

Go through these links when you have time

You can check the status of the H1B petition here
          http://www.immihelp.com/timings/tracking.jsp

[QUOTE=yp210605;191296]
          Originally posted by yp210605 View Post
          i am on H4 i want to change my viza in to student viza. but i have one problem that is my husband on H1 viza but when we come in usa at that time his company said they dont have any job for him . we have all legal paper. but do not know anything so we live at my sister's house so i am confuse abot my study.
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X