Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by f12gc View Post
    guys,

after nearly 64 days of wait, I finally got the std. email from the Mumbai consulate. The time on the email is 2:04 pm. I am really excited to submit my passport at the consulate.

I will be submitting my passport on Monday. will keep you guys updated.

Pls, be patient. everyone will get the email soon!
    Congratulations Did you see your barcode in today's list?

Comment

• thanks msan.

no my bar code didn't appear in the pdf. i think they will add it in the next update. hopefully.

Comment

• L1 Restamping

Hello Friends,

I got first extension for my L1-B visa in May-2010. I came to India for a diwali vacation with my family. Travelled to Chennai for the stamping interview in Non-2010.

During the interview VO gave me the yellow form requesting to submit the "Justification Letter for original petition". My company initially refused to send that document as they feel while stamping the visa extension they should not look into the original filing details. However as a second attempt US Consulate again demanded the justification letter from original petition.

Finally my company send the required document on 22-Dec-2010, Its being more than 2 months now, I am still waiting for a response. My passports are still with them.

Any idea how much more time it will take? Are there chances of rejection also?

Regards
        Shrikant

Comment

• @sub1976 the application number update is provided on the Mumbai Consulate website in a pdf document that is update twice a week

Comment

• news

They are not going to give any new H OR L visa appointment at Mumbai Embassy ,
            So hopefully as side effect they will be free to look at pending cases and clear them soon hopefully!

Comment

• But wat I feel is that the US consulate is sending the administrative processing request outside and once they recieve the reply , the consulate is not taking much time after that. So I dnt know reduction in application is how much helpful in our case

Comment

• when I called DOS on their number they told me they dont have much information besides its pending and you should ask the embassy to follow up on the case with Washington , so its party their responsibility too to keep track of what going on with the admin processing cases and ideally they should also communicate with the applicant when he queries.

Comment

• Any updates guys?????i send an email to vfs helpline last monday and they replied asking for my CEAC barcode on wednesday and after that no reply from them either. I am totally frustrated now.

Comment

• No news for me either I am too frustrated with this whole process and wait. VFS are not much of use.

Comment

• No update - but how about we approach MEA?

No update here either!
                      This is beyond a test of patience which needs resolution.

What do you guys think about approaching the Ministry of External Affairs of India to diplomatically converse with their US counterparts outlining the issue of hundreds if not thousands of Indians stuck in India for months without any update?
                      I might be able to get the conversation going with MEA but would need group support in order for there to be any cumulative action.

Let me know your thoughts.

Comment

• BTW - all of 19 cases cleared today on the Mumbai consulate case status update!

Comment

• In another forum i read some guys contacting the MEA but I dnt know how useful it will be. I have heard of ministers of external affairs getting stuck at the POE by immigration officers. So I dnt know how helpful these guys will be. But if you are confident we an go ahead and try it out...

Comment

• Hi,

interview Date: 3rd Dec 2010 at Hyd
                            221g yellow with all petitioner docs marked
                            submiited docs on 13th Jan 2011
                            Passport is with me only
                            When I am cheking Track Passport its showing as "Your Passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate if your Visa has been approved"

What does it mean?

Comment

• @ vslb - it's a general msg which the consulate uses for all pending cases. I am seeing the same thing too.

Comment

• no updates for me either

on 221g_yellow_6Dec suggestion, maybe it better to get this story highlighted in some media like a newspaper or a tv news channel first , so that the issue get highlighted before expecting some help from MEA. I am sure if someone finds a way to contact the media they will have plenty of people willing to share thier experiences and problems on it , even all the information in forums can be passed on to them.

Originally posted by 221g_yellow_6Dec View Post
                                No update here either!
                                This is beyond a test of patience which needs resolution.

What do you guys think about approaching the Ministry of External Affairs of India to diplomatically converse with their US counterparts outlining the issue of hundreds if not thousands of Indians stuck in India for months without any update?
                                I might be able to get the conversation going with MEA but would need group support in order for there to be any cumulative action.

Let me know your thoughts.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X