No announcement yet.

221(g) yellow form during H1B Visa stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today, all the 19 cases cleared are all with CEAC no. AA001 YYYY X. Maybe they are clearing one lot at a time before they shut down their operations for H & L visa for a while. This is just my assumption. I am with you guys to send email or contact media.

Comment

• MEA & Media

I am of the opinion that the macro level issue will only be solved at the government levels; the media focus will help escalate but not bring solution.
      If possible, I want to get a conversation with MEA going (which I have commenced) and perhaps meet them in Delhi. At which point if the media gets involved - they can follow up with the MEA to try and find a solution. In complete agreement that the media needs to get involved given how shabbily we have been treated.

Comment

• apparently is not allowed to be mentioned as URL on this forum.

Comment

• Delhi - No 221(g)/Reference Number (or) G or P or Y form given for tracking the case

Did anyone had the same situation as me...

I am from Hyderbad, due to unavilability of dates i have attended my visa on Feb 16th, 2011 in New Delhi, The VO asked me about my pay, and asked whether i work for the client directly and
          what is the client location, is there any vendor(Yes) in between and the supporting document,and how long i have been working in US after my masters(since 2008),
          and how long i have been working for this present employer(8months), what is my pay, and asked for all below documents

Client Letter,Vendor Letter,I129, I129 Cover Letter,LCA, 3 years Tax Returns of the Company(Employer)

The VO has returned my passport & I797, and told me that they will let me know in a couple of days as they need to verify all these documents.
          They didn't give me any 221(g)/Reference Number, Is there any way i can reach the delhi consulate people directly, as VFS people are unable to provide me any update w/o the tracking number ?

VO didn't asked me anything about my Job responsibilities, or pay stubs, or W2's or any other information about me.

please do someone suggest/advise.

Comment

• @bobisiri......u r lucky that they asked you all the documents. If your company is proper tax paying company with no in between vendor for your employment you will get an approval in next 5 to 6 weeks........

Comment

• 221g blue slip

Hi,
              I have been going through this forum and have a question for you.
              I and my husband went for the visa interview on March 3rd 2011 in hyderabad consulate.
              My husband's is H1B while mine is H4.
              He asked a lot of work related questions and later on when he was checking the passport he noticed that the lamination was peeling off.
              He gave us a 221g blue form marking damaged passport and asked us to submit the new passport along with the old one. He even mentioned that we dont need to come back again.
              He also asked us to go to another counter where an Indian lady asked us to fill the questionnaire.
              My husband has been in the US for 5 yrs.
              Also, when we checked our case status on the website, we got this
              Your case is currently undergoing processing. Please continue to check this website for updates on the status of your case. Any new information received will be posted to the website.
              Would be very happy if you could let us know what this means and if you have any idea how long it might take for us to get the visa. We are in the process of getting a new passport.

Thank You.
              Priya

Comment

• I had travelled to malaysia in 2005 which comes in the list of 26 countries which might have triggered for my security clearance........i dnt see any other reason...
                Last edited by dec9221g; 03-10-2011, 05:14 AM. Reason: 11

Comment

• Hi all,

today I received my passport and to my utter shock I got a new 221g (blue) form in the envelope. The passport was not stamped with the visa.

It asks for lots of documents from my side as well as from the employer side. It says ' Please bring any documents indicated below and your passport at the US Consulate on nay business day at 9:30 am. DO NOT make a new appointment'.

Fortunately, I have all the docs with me and will be submitting them tom at the consulate.

Has anyone hrd of such kind of scenario?
                  Will I have another interview at the consulate?

Comment

• @f12gc:

That is so shocking... U got email after 64 days and now they are asking for more documents.

Yes, once you go with your documents there, Visa officer will look at the documents, will ask you questions and if he/she gets satisfied will ask you to leave your passport OR I m not scaring you but there is fair possibility VO will say "these are too many documents so will take some time to review them."

BTW, Can you share the list of documents they have asked for !

Also has you BARCode appeared in the updated PDF ?

Comment

• Visa Status

Two years back, I have my H1 visa kept on hold by consulate.. asking for employers additional documents and visit the consulate.
                      But employer did not provide any.. so i didnt go for it and left it as is. Now, if i apply for L1B visa OR any UK visa again.. will my prior visa come under Refusal (while providing info on visa form) ?

Comment

• 51 cases cleared today by Mumbai consulate

51 cases by the consulate per the case status update - anyone lucky?

Comment

• Me not lucky this time either... On one number First 8 digits were matching with mine and the last 2 were different. Was a close call.. ...hopfully we wil get out of this soon...

Comment

• m not lucky either.

Comment

• 221gMar2@Hyd

Hi All,

Even i got 221g yellow at hyd on Mar 2nd. And submitted the docs on 4th March any idea when i can get the stamping call.

Comment

• another shock

today I went to mumbai consulate to submit the docs as per the blue 221g paper.

After collecting all the docs, VO gave me ANOTHER YELLOW form saying that the actual VO who interviewed me earlier was absent today. When she is back, she will review my docs and will give her decision. But, on the yellow form it says 'Your application has been refused under section 221g'

I am totally shocked and feeling helpless today, as again there is no time line for the email I will get from the consulate and I highly doubt the chances of my approval now.

Does that mean my H1 visa has been canceled?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X