No announcement yet.

221(g) yellow form during H1B Visa stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My passport is with the consulate ......

.............there is no way that we can get a clear picture from the consulate......they themselves are confused and making others confused as well

Originally posted by ras305 View Post
    I so badly wish that your words come true...
    Also, did the Consulate keep your Passport?
    They returned mine and its with me right now.....So, I thought perhaps PICKED UP is referring to the initial status wherein I already have picked up the PP the same day..CONFUSING

Lets see whats coming my way...

Comment

• Same case is with me, my passport is with me currently. I tried this way and found two different statuses in last couple of days,
      2 days back I got the response as "Your passport is still with post." when I tried today again I got response as "The current status of your passport is Picked Up."
      Not sure whether,
      1. The case is progressing. or
      2. Since its the new process, its the old status and they improved the status till "Picked up", as I already picked the passport.

Lets hope for the best.

I so badly wish that your words come true...
      Also, did the Consulate keep your Passport?
      They returned mine and its with me right now.....So, I thought perhaps PICKED UP is referring to the initial status wherein I already have picked up the PP the same day..CONFUSING

Lets see whats coming my way...

Comment

• Hi

I happened to ask this question to the DOS - "Which dept has my case currently" and I was told that the case stays with the Consulate throughout the whole processing. I am not sure if this makes any sense to you...perhaps, you can do the following:-

1. Approach the Delhi consulate help desk (if at all they have one, like Mumbai - which I've never been to but I remember a few members referring it) and request for a correct case number.
        2.When you talk to the DOS team, you don't need the case number, you need the Passport number. Did you try to get your case number from them? Did you ask them if they are awaiting any documents from you/ which category your case is being handled in (Admin/additional documents etc).

I know they don't share much info, but no harm giving it a shot.
        @ras305 : I tried calling DOS and they don't say anything other than "Your case is pending".
        VFS/Stanley helpline people: They don't have any information about cases which were created before Sept 25,2012. What an excuse no? I couldn't help but laugh!!<Sigh> :-/

Comment

• Originally posted by visit2011 View Post
          @ras305 : I tried calling DOS and they don't say anything other than "Your case is pending".
          VFS/Stanley helpline people: They don't have any information about cases which were created before Sept 25,2012. What an excuse no? I couldn't help but laugh!!<Sigh> :-/
          LOL to hell with the help lines. I'd say, lets wait and watch..nothing better...Let them take their own sweet time....

Comment

• Originally posted by vijay2308 View Post
            Same case is with me, my passport is with me currently. I tried this way and found two different statuses in last couple of days,
            2 days back I got the response as "Your passport is still with post." when I tried today again I got response as "The current status of your passport is Picked Up."
            Not sure whether,
            1. The case is progressing. or
            2. Since its the new process, its the old status and they improved the status till "Picked up", as I already picked the passport.

Lets hope for the best.
            Cool...So, Picked Up eventually means the Passport is with you...I can't stop laughing on these status updates.....I am done with the follow ups now...

- - - Updated - - -

@Ivory,
            ROFL
            So, the status update your received seems to make sense. Hopefully it's a +ve sign and you'll get your stamped PP soon.

Comment

• Status Changed

I checked again and now its showing .."The current status of your passport is In Transit From Post."
              I hope the status is correct this time ................. cant really rely on this status website.............. I also checked on VFS website ,status there ..............passport under process with consulate........

lets hope for the best ...............

Cool...So, Picked Up eventually means the Passport is with you...I can't stop laughing on these status updates.....I am done with the follow ups now...

- - - Updated - - -

@Ivory,
              ROFL
              So, the status update your received seems to make sense. Hopefully it's a +ve sign and you'll get your stamped PP soon.

Comment

• Guys, Today I'm getting a strange status like this "Please use a valid passport number or UID"
                Need to callup the DOS on Monday

Comment

• Hi

Originally posted by vijay2308 View Post
                  Guys, Today I'm getting a strange status like this "Please use a valid passport number or UID"
                  Need to callup the DOS on Monday
                  I checked my passport status by email and I also get the same message "Please use a valid passport or UID"
                  The passport is with me. Their system is beyond pathetic!!

Comment

• Fed up with these statuses

One thing I understood is, these guys won't do things as well as they project it. Just hold the faith in us and wait for the visa. Thats it.
                    I'm fed up with this statuses.

Comment

• Originally posted by visit2011 View Post
                      I checked my passport status by email and I also get the same message "Please use a valid passport or UID"
                      The passport is with me. Their system is beyond pathetic!!
                      Looks like "Please use a valid passport or UID" means we are not working today
                      I got the same message yesterday and I get a diff status (still with post) today....I am not sure which post that is...LoL

Comment

• Interview before the 26 September 2012

according to customer care if your application date was before 26th sep 2012 ,then you should check VFS track your passport page..............BTW today my status was showing ready for pick up, after few minutes it changes to picked up and now it is showing still with the post.

Looks like they are playing with my passport .......sending it ,picking it and then again putting it back in the locker........

Comment

• Originally posted by missivory View Post
                          according to customer care if your application date was before 26th sep 2012 ,then you should check VFS track your passport page..............BTW today my status was showing ready for pick up, after few minutes it changes to picked up and now it is showing still with the post.

Looks like they are playing with my passport .......sending it ,picking it and then again putting it back in the locker........
                          ROFL. VFS shows the same old status....UStravel docs has some interesting status updates

Comment

• Lol. People who are interested in betting can better enjoy these statues by guessing them.
                            I came to know our employer's team is working on my case :-) not sure how our guys are dealing. Fingers crossed.

Comment

• Originally posted by vijay2308 View Post
                              Lol. People who are interested in betting can better enjoy these statues by guessing them.
                              I came to know our employer's team is working on my case :-) not sure how our guys are dealing. Fingers crossed.
                              Please let us know the steps they took to expedite the processing and if it works...Good Luck.

Comment

• I dont think anyone can expidite this process. The only thing our guys might do is, getting more information. I will surely post here If I get their way of inquiring.
                                BTW, I understood that the USTraveldocs email service is sending the default passport statuses if the Passport is with the applicant and if Interview data is before 26th Sep.
                                The status changes everyday like this: Still With Post-->Transit from Post->Ready for Pick Up-->picked Up.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X