221(g) yellow form during H1B Visa stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221(g) yellow form during H1B Visa stamping

I got a 221(g) yellow form - administrative processing today during my visa interview. I already had an approved I797 and the VO asked me the standard questions like whats your work responsibility? What will be your salary? Are you married? etc. The interview went quite well and she did not ask me a single document. I am not sure why they must have put my case under administrative processing.

Does anyone know how long will it take and if there is a way I can track. She has not asked for any additional documents and just mentioned that they will send me an email and I should submit my passport for stamping.

I got a 221(g) yellow form - administrative processing today during my visa interview. I already had an approved I797 and the VO asked me the standard questions like whats your work responsibility? What will be your salary? Are you married? etc. The interview went quite well and she did not ask me a single document. I am not sure why they must have put my case under administrative processing.

Does anyone know how long will it take and if there is a way I can track. She has not asked for any additional documents and just mentioned that they will send me an email and I should submit my passport for stamping.

---- If the VO has informed that they will send you an email, then wait for the email ans submit the Passport for the visa stamping

---- This is good news for you, althoug you might have to wait for a few days before you receive the email ans submit your Passport

---- How many days this will take is purre speculation. At best you can be patient

Subramanya

Comment

Thank you for your revert. Is there any way I can track the processing? I do not have any case number or anything though. Does Mumbai Consulate reply on call. Is there any helpline contact number of U.S Consulate?

Comment

Same here

I appeared for Visa Interview @ Mumbai on December 2nd, 2010 for my my H1-B Visa. I was also asked standard questions such as, who do I work for, what are my responsibities. The VO was very chill and told me that there is no need to worry or panic and that in some cases they need administrative processing which is sometimes slow. He handed me 221g yellow form and did not ask me to submit any documents. My problem is that there is a big implementation @ work over the last weekend of the year and I have to be there by December 30th. Not sure how long this will take.

Please keep me updated.

Comment

recieved 221g yellow form on Dec 15th

i had the same situation.. Did you get your visa? How long did it take?

Sudhir

Comment

I completed 2 weeks and there is still no communication. I am not sure how long it will take and still waiting. I too have a return ticket booked for 30th Dec and have to be resume work soon. Do you know if there is a way we can track the process.

Comment

That is bad... I too have ticket booked for Dec 30th from Mumbai.... From what i understood from forums there is no way to track the progress. Even if we get in touch with VFS, they just say that it is under pending status... I think the verification has to come from DC...

Comment

@ unni2005, msan & newyellow221g

Can you guys please tell what was your employment model like, i.e.

Full time employees or working for a Consultancy ---> client ?

Thank You !

Comment

I work directly for a company and I work on finance/accounting side. Not IT or consulting job.

Comment

No Progress

So, I am in my third week and I am still waiting for my email. I work directly for a company, not thru any consultant. From what I have seen online, it should ideally take 3-4 weeks. Coz of the holiday season in the U.S. I am expecting some more delay. I am booked on to fly on December 28th!!! I am not sure if I should be still hopeful. Do you guys know how long will the VFS take to send the passport after submitting it to them? There is very slim chance of things falling in line atleast for me. Lets all keep each other updated.
                    Date of Interview: 06/12/2010
                    Issued: Yellow 221g (Administrative Processing)
                    Days consumed: 15 (11 working days) and counting

P.S. Guys chill we will get it..lets enjoy our stay here in INDIA

Comment

Sailor of the same boat

Hi All,

Me too, got interviewed on 2nd Dec 2010, got yellow letter for 221(g) admin processing, Counting 3rd week, not received any email from consulate as of now.

Pls keep this post updated if anybody gets the mail and interviewed in Dec-2010.

I think this will take somewhere around 1-2 months.

Comment

Guys,

I had my interview on 2nd NOV, submitted docs required as per 221(g) the very next day - 3rd NOV. Was asked to submit the passport by Delhi embassy on 9th Nov (got excited that my visa was approved ... not to be ... what a dumb fool i was ... ..), submitted passport on 10th Nov. Passport was submitted by VFS to the embassy on 11th NOV.... have been waiting since then ...

Point i want to make here is: There is no guarantee of which case will take how much time.... 2days, 2 weeks or 2months ... so dont think about it.... just get busy with your normal life ... easier said than done ... its the festive season..so party ...
                        Last edited by AKD_80; 12-21-2010, 03:21 AM.

Comment

221g yellow at mumbai - 5weeks and counting

H1-B first time stamping
                          interview date 16th nov
                          yellow 221g given for admin processing.
                          All contact for enquiry I am not getting definite time ,anyone for november got their replies ? although I think it differs case by case

Comment

another 221g yellow at mumbai on 2 dec

hi,

i also have the same story. working fulltime for financial company.very geniune case.no docs asked and ggiven 221g yellow on 2 dec. really frustrating. please update if someone gets an email

Comment

yellow form 221g 4 month still waiting

hello friends
                              i got yellow form on sep 7th, waiting since then...no updates yet.

first time h1 stamping. interview went well VO said everything is fine but have to wait for admin process.

asked routine questions abut job and client and school since i had done my masters in USA.

waiting for it.

read forums where people got it in weeks or few months so cant compare case.

please keep posting your updates.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X