Documents For Filing Re-Entry Permit

A separate application form, fees, and set of documents are required for each applicant (including yourself and each family member) who needs to travel. A permanent resident or conditional resident must have the following documents:

  • The application fee must be sent with the application.
    There is also a biometric fee.
    Fee details
  • Form I-131, Application For Travel Document
    Sample I-131
  • Photos
    Submit two identical photographs.
  • Copy of an official photo identification document that shows your name, photo, and date of birth. e.g., a government-issued valid driver’s license, the identity page of your passport, a permanent resident card, or any other official identity document.

    Note: A form I-94 cannot be used as a photo identity document.
  • Include a copy of the front and back of your Permanent Resident Card or Form I-551; or
    • A copy of the biographic page(s) of your passport and a copy of the visa page showing your preliminary admission as a permanent resident, or proof that you are indeed a permanent resident if you have not received your Form I-551; or
    • A copy of your Form I-797, approval notice of a separate application for replacement of the alien registration receipt card, or temporary evidence of permanent resident status.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!

Let us improve this post!

Tell us how we can improve this post?


For visitors, travel, student and other international travel medical insurance.

Visit or call +1 (866) INSUBUY or +1 (972) 985-4400