Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i485 Approval

Originally posted by Buchavka21 View Post
    Has anybody done more than one request with their Congressman? Was it helpful? Seems like mine had no effect whatsoever.
    You can definitely visit your congressman again. Just let them know nothing has changed since you last visited. They might take action this time.

Comment

• i485 Delay at TSC

Estimated time range: 5.5 Months to 24.5 Months
      Form type: Based on grant of asylum more than 1 year ago
      Receipt date for a case inquiry: July 03, 2016

Finally, Texas service center is picking up speeeed.

Buchavka21, any update?

Comment

• Update i-485

Hi there,
        Yes, I've noticed that today too. But the range is still very broad like 5,5 to 24,5. Plus, this is the 3d time they make changes unexpectedly and who knows maybe July 16 will become March 15 any time soon...
        I had no updates on my case since I made an inquiry with Congresswoman in May. The only thing is that my case history online has completely disappeared. I made a change of address and that record has gone for good. I think I'll make one more inquiry next week, plus I need to update my medicals since they expired this months. Can I send them in advance by the way without waiting for RFE?
        Any updates from you guys?

Comment

• i485 Delay at TSC

Originally posted by Buchavka21 View Post
          Hi there,
          Yes, I've noticed that today too. But the range is still very broad like 5,5 to 24,5. Plus, this is the 3d time they make changes unexpectedly and who knows maybe July 16 will become March 15 any time soon...
          I had no updates on my case since I made an inquiry with Congresswoman in May. The only thing is that my case history online has completely disappeared. I made a change of address and that record has gone for good. I think I'll make one more inquiry next week, plus I need to update my medicals since they expired this months. Can I send them in advance by the way without waiting for RFE?
          I wouldn't recommend resending one without an RFE because it is not guaranteed that it will be added to your file as your file may not be readily accessible if it hasn't gotten to your turn to be adjudicated on. I say this because after my congressman placed an inquiry at TSC on my behalf, I finally got a positive response to my online inquiry that my file had been stored at an offsite storage location since it was received and that it was going to be retrieved to be assigned to an officer for review, which makes me believe that asylum-based files/applications received at TSC are stored temporarily at a storage location and retrieved for adjudication when their priority dates become current, especially moreso for TSC where it is taking up to 18 months for priority dates to become current. That is to say, if you send updated medicals and your file is, probably, still at their offsite storage location, your medicals might not make it into your file.

It might be best to wait till you get an RFE (your file is out of the storage location and with an adjudicating officer), which contains a direct return address to the officer handling your case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buchavka21 View Post
            Hi there,
            Regarding the expiration of your I-693 - You have 1 year to submit it to USCIS FROM the date it was completed. Then, it remains valid for another year from the date it is RECEIVED by USCIS. So your I-693 should expire on or around 08/22/18.
            (c)9 AOS; PD 03-16-18; Same Sex Couple
            4-02 - Four I-797 NOA
            4-12 - Bio Walk-in
            4-13 - Bio reviewed + case still processing
            4-17 - I-693 Letter
            4-23 - Ready to be scheduled for interview
            6-28 - Background checks complete - per Tier 2
            7-31 - I-765 New Card being produced
            8-04 - Combo Card in hand
            8-08 - Change of address completed
            8-09 - Ready to be scheduled for interview
            8-10 - 8-09 Interview Cancelled
            8-11 - SS card in hand

Comment

• i485 Approval

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
              Regarding the expiration of your I-693 - You have 1 year to submit it to USCIS FROM the date it was completed. Then, it remains valid for another year from the date it is RECEIVED by USCIS. So your I-693 should expire on or around 08/22/18.
              Your case seems to be moving fast, please what USCIS office is handling your marriage-based AOS application?

Comment

• Hi guys,
                When you got your Green Card, what was an issue date on it?
                I'm just trying to understand: they are making us to wait more than 2 years for the Green Card and than 5 more years for a Citizenship or this waiting period will be counted and we can apply for a citizenship in 3 years after we got GC?

Comment

• i485 Delay at TSC

Originally posted by Katiusha View Post
                  Hi guys,
                  When you got your Green Card, what was an issue date on it?
                  I'm just trying to understand: they are making us to wait more than 2 years for the Green Card and than 5 more years for a Citizenship or this waiting period will be counted and we can apply for a citizenship in 3 years after we got GC?

Unfortunately, USCIS only backdates the asylee/refugee green card to one year prior to the day it was approved, regardless of how long one waited - 6 months or 3 years. This 1 year only covers the 1-year wait time an asylee/refugee had to wait to be eligible to apply for permanent residency and does not cover the wait time while the i485 was pending. My i485 took 14 months to be approved and it was backdated by only 1 year and my countdown to citizenship starts counting from my backdated year and month. It sucks that they do it this way and while mine was pending I understood that I wouldn't get any pending lost time back thus I took steps to involve my congressman to get my case going and I'm really glad I did. Otherwise, maybe mine would have stayed pending for 2 years or more, who knows. It really sucks. Thus, the need for those pending at TSC to take proactive steps to get their cases going if they intend to become US citizens in the nearest future, but if this is not a priority they may wait out their pending i485.

Comment

• Second inquiry i-485

I made a second inquiry today with my Congresswoman. Let's see if anything changes. The waiting time is 11 months now for me.

Comment

• I received my I-797 Notice few days ago, they are processing mine at the Nebraska Center.
                      Waiting for Biometric notice now.

Comment

• I just received my I-797 few days ago, my case is processed by The Nebraska Center, waiting for the biometric appointment letter now.

Comment

• i485 Delay at TSC

Originally posted by MWDW View Post
                          I just received my I-797 few days ago, my case is processed by The Nebraska Center, waiting for the biometric appointment letter now.
                          That's good to know. If you live under TSC's jurisdiction but your i485 application was routed to NSC, hopefully you wouldn't have to wait as long as those before you did.

When I filed to renew my i131, my case was sent directly to NSC instead of TSC and the processing time for i131 at both offices are roughly the same. I think they may be trying to balance the workload between the 2 offices.

Comment

• Originally posted by mekus21 View Post
                            That's good to know. If you live under TSC's jurisdiction but your i485 application was routed to NSC, hopefully you wouldn't have to wait as long as those before you did.

When I filed to renew my i131, my case was sent directly to NSC instead of TSC and the processing time for i131 at both offices are roughly the same. I think they may be trying to balance the workload between the 2 offices.
                            My resident is in California, so I send my application to USCIS Phoenix Arizona lock box, and I guess California is under Nebraska Service Center jurisdiction...

Comment

• Originally posted by mekus21 View Post
                              Unfortunately, USCIS only backdates the asylee/refugee green card to one year prior to the day it was approved, regardless of how long one waited - 6 months or 3 years. This 1 year only covers the 1-year wait time an asylee/refugee had to wait to be eligible to apply for permanent residency and does not cover the wait time while the i485 was pending. My i485 took 14 months to be approved and it was backdated by only 1 year and my countdown to citizenship starts counting from my backdated year and month. It sucks that they do it this way and while mine was pending I understood that I wouldn't get any pending lost time back thus I took steps to involve my congressman to get my case going and I'm really glad I did. Otherwise, maybe mine would have stayed pending for 2 years or more, who knows. It really sucks. Thus, the need for those pending at TSC to take proactive steps to get their cases going if they intend to become US citizens in the nearest future, but if this is not a priority they may wait out their pending i485.
                              mekus21 Thank you for this explanation! Now I'm seeing even more benefits from my decision to move under Nebraska Service Center jurisdiction (California)

Comment

• Still waiting over 2yrs now for my GC!!!! New York

Hey guys sharing my timeline waiting.......

May, 2015: Asylum approved
                                May, 2016: Sent out i485
                                June, 2016: Asylum application received at TSC/priority date
                                June, 2016: Biometrics done for i485

June 2016: Notice for Evidence ( Family information form)

June 6, 2017: Received notice for Evidence.

i was told my case was transfer to the Brooklyn office from May 2017.

On December 4,2017 received a letter from Brooklyn office stating that my medical has expired since it has been over 1 year. also stated if requested for an (interview) the new medical is required.

No update on my i485 case for nearly over 2 year.

Raised over numerous service requests and Info pass during this period, no useful response gotten.

Last info pass visit on July 13, 2018 i was told my case in Preliminary review which i should received an interview notice once completed.... SMH

Comment

Working...
                                X