No announcement yet.

Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, guys, I saw many people mentioned that Medical exam expired. Isn't it valid for 2 years now?

Comment

• Originally posted by gunmeikaz View Post
      Hey, guys, I saw many people mentioned that Medical exam expired. Isn't it valid for 2 years now?
      All new medicals are valid for 2 years if filed within 60 days from signature with I-485 or signed after you send I-485. Not all medicals submitted before November 01, 2018 are valid for 2 years. Some officers still don't know/understand the 2 years rule.
      Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
      Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
      Day 12/34 - Case and Fingerprint Fee Received / Biometrics appointment
      Day 112 - EAD delivered
      Day 195 - Letter for missing I-693
      Day 3xx - no news

Comment

• I485 sent To TSC in Sep 2018
        Finger print review completed in Sep 2018
        RFE requested in June 2019 ( birth certificate)
        Today new card is being produced!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol
        best of luck to everyone.

Comment

• any update?

Comment

• Originally posted by 27march View Post
            any update?
            Unfortunately not !! Waiting is so hard

Comment

• Hey guys! Can you share how long you had to wait for I-131 (advanced parole) - I have travel soon and wondering when will I get it. It's been almost 4 months. Have to travel next month!

Comment

• Originally posted by dolcevita View Post
                Hey guys! Can you share how long you had to wait for I-131 (advanced parole) - I have travel soon and wondering when will I get it. It's been almost 4 months. Have to travel next month!
                My I-131 RTD just arrived this week it took exactly 4 months for me

Comment

• Hi how long it takes to process EAD renewal based on granted asylum. Filed on April 4 in Nebraska service center

Comment

• Originally posted by Hatori1980 View Post

My I-131 RTD just arrived this week it took exactly 4 months for me
                    Ah thanks for replaying! That's good to know! When did you apply? Hopefully mine is coming toooo! Excited!

Comment

• Originally posted by Same55 View Post
                      Hi how long it takes to process EAD renewal based on granted asylum. Filed on April 4 in Nebraska service center
                      You dont need EAD card if you granted asylum
                      you can work without it
                      If you want to pay
                      it takes around 3 months to get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by dolcevita View Post

Ah thanks for replaying! That's good to know! When did you apply? Hopefully mine is coming toooo! Excited!
                        I did apply on beginning of March.

Comment

• Got an update today. Travel document approved.
                          ............................................................ ..........

March 25 - i-485 package sent
                          April 8 - i-485 received / Fingerprint fee received by Nebraska Service Center
                          April 15 - Receipt Notice got in mail
                          April 22 - Biometric Notice got in mail
                          April 30 - Biometric done
                          May 1 - Status changed "Fingerprint Review Was Completed".
                          Jun 20 - EAD approved
                          July 22 - i-131 approved

Comment

• Hello guys,
                            So, I was a derivative asylee and applied for RTD while my greencard was pending.... now my greencard was approved with category F16 (unmarried daughter of US citizen). I didn't apply through asylum based. What will happen to the pending I-131? Will I get denied since I am not eligible again? Or they will upgrade me to Re-entry permit? Since the website states:

https://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/...0-0-20211.html

15) Applicant Is Not Eligible for an RTD, but Is Eligible for a Reentry Permit or Advance Parole .

The applicant will be issued the document he/she requested, if eligible. However, if the applicant has merely checked the wrong block and is clearly eligible for issuance of a different travel document, the application will not be denied. If the applicant can be issued a reentry permit, approve the application and have the reentry permit issued. If it appears the applicant is eligible for advance parole, return the application to the applicant, advising him/her to submit the application to his/her local USCIS office.

Comment

• Quick update: I got an RFE and it's for i-693 (medical exam) as the one I submitted with my application has expired (I did the exam on 12/18/17)
                              ............................................................ .....................................
                              Dec 27, 2017 - i-485 package sent
                              Jan 2, 2018 - I-485 received by Nebraska Service Center
                              April 18, 2019 - Biometrics appointment
                              July 25, 2019 - RFE to retake medical exam (form I-693)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dnanix View Post
                                Quick update: I got an RFE and it's for i-693 (medical exam) as the one I submitted with my application has expired (I did the exam on 12/18/17)
                                ............................................................ .....................................
                                Dec 27, 2017 - i-485 package sent
                                Jan 2, 2018 - I-485 received by Nebraska Service Center
                                April 18, 2019 - Biometrics appointment
                                July 25, 2019 - RFE to retake medical exam (form I-693)
                                Congrats, good sign your GC is on your way it seems. Very Happy for you.
                                Keep us updated. I was curious what is average approval time for asylum based. Looks like about 14-23 months

but, holly f it's a very long time wait. I am exact year behind i-485 sent on dec 2018. this wait is Exciting and depressing to say the least.

Comment

Working...
                                X