Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, guys!
    I am still waiting for GC since May 2018.
    My EAD has expired already. Did anyone apply for unrestricted SSN with expired EAD and no Green Card? (in order not renew EAD)

I have applied and they took my SSN and refused to issue new SSN.
    So now I am without SSN at all.

Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by cheremuha View Post
      Hi, guys!
      I am still waiting for GC since May 2018.
      My EAD has expired already. Did anyone apply for unrestricted SSN with expired EAD and no Green Card? (in order not renew EAD)

I have applied and they took my SSN and refused to issue new SSN.
      So now I am without SSN at all.

Thank you.
      Yes, you can bring your i94 with asylee stamp on it!
      They shouldn’t have took away your SSN at all. I do have two SSN cards now in hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by chiccat View Post

Yes, you can bring your i94 with asylee stamp on it!
        They shouldn’t have took away your SSN at all. I do have two SSN cards now in hand.
        I did it too. But they took away my old one a send me a new one. (New York) . You need to bring your i94 and asylum approval letter.

Comment

• chiccat Sabinan thank you guys! Will go in Social Security Administration on Friday again. I did take my I-94 last time, I think the employee just didn' know what she was doing. Hope someone will help me this time.

Sabinan I am also doing SSN in New York (Brooklyn office).

Comment

• Originally posted by cheremuha View Post
            chiccat Sabinan thank you guys! Will go in Social Security Administration on Friday again. I did take my I-94 last time, I think the employee just didn' know what she was doing. Hope someone will help me this time.

Sabinan I am also doing SSN in New York (Brooklyn office).
            Yes, sometimes they’re confused with asylum status.
            When i visited SSA a lady told me I won’t get an unrestricted card, but I got it in 4 days.

Comment

Yes, sometimes they’re confused with asylum status.
              When i visited SSA a lady told me I won’t get an unrestricted card, but I got it in 4 days.
              Thank you! Will go to SSA tomorrow! Hope it will work.
              Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabinan View Post

Please let us know if this will make any change. Thank you
                Hi Sabinan,

So after my wife’s GC got approved 2 weeks ago mine just updated today saying my i485 is approved as well. Hopefully I will get my GC soon.

so here is my timeline for those who have waiting patiently:
                Aug 2017 - asylum approved
                Aug 2018 - i485 application sent for husband and wife
                May 2019 - wife application got approved
                June 2019 - my application got approved
                (TSC)
                hopefully everyone who is waiting patiently will get their applications approved as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by sam1000 View Post

Hi Sabinan,

So after my wife’s GC got approved 2 weeks ago mine just updated today saying my i485 is approved as well. Hopefully I will get my GC soon.

so here is my timeline for those who have waiting patiently:
                  Aug 2017 - asylum approved
                  Aug 2018 - i485 application sent for husband and wife
                  May 2019 - wife application got approved
                  June 2019 - my application got approved
                  (TSC)
                  hopefully everyone who is waiting patiently will get their applications approved as well.

Thank for sharing !!! Congrats on your GC!! We are still waiting. Date we applied is March 2018

Comment

• Applied for GC April 2019. Fingerprints taken May 21, Fingerprints review completed May 22. Still waiting for GC approval.

Comment

• How long will you wait before requesting from the USCIS about your case.
                      Currently Request date is about 2 years and 4 months time(Texas center 8 to 28.4 months). Will you wait 2.5 years ?

Comment

• Originally posted by blahvah View Post
                        How long will you wait before requesting from the USCIS about your case.
                        Currently Request date is about 2 years and 4 months time(Texas center 8 to 28.4 months). Will you wait 2.5 years ?

Yes

Comment

Yes
                          howly fykk. Time to forget about uscis.gov and go for a comma state for another 2 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by blahvah View Post

howly fykk. Time to forget about uscis.gov and go for a comma state for another 2 years.

You might get your green card soon, don’t worry about it.

Comment

• USCIS Aims to Decrease Processing Times for N-400 and I-485

USCIS will implement a national strategy to decrease differences in processing times based on location for Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, and Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.

Since the end of 2015, we have experienced an increase in processing times due to higher than expected volumes received during fiscal years (FY) 2016 and 2017 that did not decrease as originally projected. FY 2017 receipts were up 15.6% from FY 2016, and FY 2016 receipts were up 25.5% from FY 2015. The increased filing volumes did not affect our field offices equally, which resulted in some disparity in the processing times among field offices.

As we shift caseloads between field offices to decrease processing times, we may schedule applicants to appear for an interview at a field office outside of their normal jurisdiction. Applicants may receive an interview appointment notice or other types of notices (such as a Request for Evidence) from a field office outside of their normal jurisdiction. However, these caseload changes will not affect where applicants attend their biometrics appointments. We will still direct them to the nearest application support center. Applicants should follow the instructions on any notices they receive from USCIS.

USCIS remains committed to adjudicating applications, petitions, and requests for immigration benefits as effectively and efficiently as possible in accordance with all applicable laws, policies, and regulations while securing the integrity of the immigration system.

If you have questions about an appointment notice we send you, you may contact the USCIS Contact Center.

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/us...unmtP2RNsc4GCs

Comment

• Originally posted by Asylee Expert View Post
                                USCIS Aims to Decrease Processing Times for N-400 and I-485

USCIS will implement a national strategy to decrease differences in processing times based on location for Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, and Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.

As we shift caseloads between field offices to decrease processing times, we may schedule applicants to appear for an interview at a field office outside of their normal jurisdiction. Applicants may receive an interview appointment notice or other types of notices (such as a Request for Evidence) from a field office outside of their normal jurisdiction. However, these caseload changes will not affect where applicants attend their biometrics appointments. We will still direct them to the nearest application support center. Applicants should follow the instructions on any notices they receive from USCIS.

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/us...unmtP2RNsc4GCs
                                What's your take on this?
                                Sounds like it does not effect Asylum based applicants. Since there are only 2 offices in Texas and Arizona? Article informing about shifting caseloads and interview location to less busy offices

Comment

Working...
                                X