Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanku asylee expert you are the best

Comment

• Roma Zmlv I have the exact same timeline. Please be aware that you are not alone. I am from NYC and I applied in March 2018, they then transferred my case from Nebraska to Texas on July 13th!!Let's keep each other posted, hopefully at least one of us gets an update soon...

Comment

• So, after today’s presidential briefing it seems all green card issuances will be put on hold for at least 60 days. More details are coming later tonight or in the next few days. There are gonna be some few exceptions though. Hopefully ongoing applications for asylees are excluded as well. Let’s be patient.

Comment

• Originally posted by edu323 View Post
          So, after today’s presidential briefing it seems all green card issuances will be put on hold for at least 60 days. More details are coming later tonight or in the next few days. There are gonna be some few exceptions though. Hopefully ongoing applications for asylees are excluded as well. Let’s be patient.
          Let’s see what will happen, but it isn’t logic to suspend the GC for asylees because we have work permits already, and they don’t want to give new GC for people who will compete with us citizens in getting jobs.
          H1b visa
          Concurrent F2A forms I-130 ,I-130A, I-485, I-864,I-944, I-765, I-693
          self filling with attorney consultation
          F.O Minneapolis, Mn
          6/12/2020 Package sent usps
          6/15 delivered
          6/26 checks cashed
          text messages with receipt # Sunday 6/28
          07/06/2020 received 3 receipts in the mail for I-130,1-765 &I-485
          8/7/2020 received biometric notice for 8/17
          8/17 fingerprints done & case updated
          9/22 I-130 approved
          11/17 I-485 was reopened (never closed)
          11/18 I-765 approved
          12/22/20 I-485 approved

Comment

• Originally posted by Gcapplicant2019 View Post

Let’s see what will happen, but it isn’t logic to suspend the GC for asylees because we have work permits already, and they don’t want to give new GC for people who will compete with us citizens in getting jobs.
            You are totally right and hope that’s the case. But, at least for me, I can expect anything from current political moves.

Comment

• https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...y2020_qtr1.pdf
              the immigration data for the first quarter was released, now both Nebraska and Texas has the same number of pending GC applications on humanitarian base . But Nebraska processes much more applications in one quarter of the year.
              Last edited by Gcapplicant2019; 04-21-2020, 08:22 PM.
              H1b visa
              F.O Minneapolis, Mn
              6/15 delivered
              6/26 checks cashed
              9/22 I-130 approved
              11/18 I-765 approved
              12/22/20 I-485 approved

Comment

• Originally posted by badbunny View Post

Does this mean asylees will not be able to adjust status until further notice??
                At this moment, the only information we have, is that President Donald J. Trump is is suspending issuing green cards for 60 days, Trump did not specify whether the suspension would apply equally to would be permanent immigrants already in the country or only to those seeking first entry into the United States.

Once the executive order is signed and presented, I will post the details here, with this President it is hard to speculate what his actions maybe! We will see, the executive order is still being drafted.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ds-for-60-days
                Last edited by Asylee Expert; 04-22-2020, 09:29 AM.

Comment

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...y2020_qtr1.pdf
                  the immigration data for the first quarter was released, now both Nebraska and Texas has the same number of pending GC applications on humanitarian base . But Nebraska processes much more applications in one quarter of the year.
                  Well at least they approved more applications that last quarter, 1230 vs. 934. Although is obviously not enough, because as you have stated, NSC approved this quarter alone 8,752 :'( around 7 times more!!

Comment

• Originally posted by mmbt View Post

Well at least they approved more applications that last quarter, 1230 vs. 934. Although is obviously not enough, because as you have stated, NSC approved this quarter alone 8,752 :'( around 7 times more!!
                    I applied March 2019 so my queue is around 11000 left in front of me. When I applied i was around 14000.
                    If they still do the same number every quarter i have to wait from now 2.3 years that would be 3.3 years if I count from the date of received

Comment

• I don’t think new immigration ban will affect people already here...
                      Last edited by Roma Zmlv; 04-22-2020, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roma Zmlv View Post
                        I don’t think new immigration ban will affect people already here...

Yes order came out today and it does NOT affect people already here and applied for green card. Also my understanding is it doesn't affect Refugee Travel Document holders as well as Advance Parole holders. FYI I'm not lawyer this is my understanding from reading the Executive Order.

Link to EO: https://www.whitehouse.gov/president...d-19-outbreak/

Comment

• Originally posted by johnlocke19 View Post
                          Hello, everyone!
                          I've been reading this thread for about a year now and you've all been very helpful and gave me a lot of hope and peace of mind.
                          Now it's time to share my timeline with you:

- July 2018 - asylum granted (I am derivative asylee, got approved together with my wife)
                          - October 11, 2019 - sent I-485 (I live in California, so our cases were acquired by Nebraska Service Center)
                          - November 22, 2019 - Biometrics Taken
                          - April 2, 2020 - New Card is Being Produced (my case; my wife's case is "Fingerprints were taken", but she has a slightly larger Case Number than mine, so hopefully she'll be approved soon as well)

So overall it took almost 6 months to get a Green Card as a derivative asylee.

I wish all who is still waiting to see your case being approved as soon as possible!
                          Congrats!

I have a similar timeline, however it hasn't been approved yet. I think it could be because I had to file an I-602 form, which might take some time for them to process.

04/11/2018 - Asylum Granted
                          10/15/2019 - NSC received I-485/ I-131 applications
                          11/13/2019 - Case updated with biometrics taken
                          01/28/2020 - RTD produced

Hope to hear an update from them soon!

Comment

• Originally posted by bayareaasylee View Post

Congrats!

I have a similar timeline, however it hasn't been approved yet. I think it could be because I had to file an I-602 form, which might take some time for them to process.

It looks like Nebraska slowed down , according to the new data , they only approved 8,752 in the first quarter of 2020 compared to 12795 in the 4th quarter of 2019 ,let’s pray we get our GC soon .
                            H1b visa
                            F.O Minneapolis, Mn
                            6/15 delivered
                            6/26 checks cashed
                            9/22 I-130 approved
                            11/18 I-765 approved
                            12/22/20 I-485 approved

Comment

It looks like Nebraska slowed down , according to the new data , they only approved 8,752 in the first quarter of 2020 compared to 12795 in the 4th quarter of 2019 ,let’s pray we get our GC soon .
                              Even though it is slowed down with numbers but NSC is far better than TSC in terms of processing.

Comment

• Originally posted by bayareaasylee View Post

Congrats!

Congrats on your RTD, That was quick.

NSC is always best and fast all the time.

It took 5 months for TSC to approve my I-131(Advance Parole).

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X